YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
Cheap Land in Kentucky near Red River Gorge – Hunter’s Special
Red River Gorge is one of the most stunning and beautiful areas in the entire Midwest, and its large maze of rugged cliffs make it one of the top rock-climbing destinations in the entire world. The only problem is . . . you can’t buy land there, as it lies inside the Daniel Boone National Forest. Here’s the good news though: you can buy land near it! Indeed, the Red River Gorge is just a 20 minute drive from here but you may not want to leave, because this off-grid hunting ranch is like a state park unto itself, complete with a cabin, small creek, spring-fed pond, abundant wildlife, and rolling woodlands — all accessible via public road.
- No Restrictions
- Metal-frame Hunter’s Cabin
- Spring-fed Pond
- Public Road Access
- 20 mins from Walmart & major retail
- 20 mins from Red River Gorge
- Priced about 33% below market
PROPERTY: This wooded, rolling, oval-shaped 45 acre parcel is accessible via Tom Rose Branch Rd, a public dirt road. The metal framed cabin rests about 11oo feet northwest from the end of Tom Rose Branch Road, and the end of Tom Rose marks the beginning of the property. To get there, you’ll take a peaceful walk along the low/creek line through lush forest land, and a spring-fed pond will greet you right before the cabin emerges. All these amenities make for an ideal hunting and recreational getaway and there are no restrictions or zoning, so build whatever you want here! The city of Jackson is just 20 minutes down the road and offers an excellent mix of stores, restaurants, and services, including a Walmart. The county seat of Campton is a 17 minute drive in the other direction and offers more basic retail like a Dollar General and Family Dollar. When you’re ready to explore some of the Midwest’s most striking natural scenery, Red River Gorge awaits only 20 minutes away, offering world-class rock-climbing and the largest collection of natural arches east of the Rocky Mountains.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including viewing instructions – so please keep reading!
Priced about 33% Below the Market!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- SIZE: 44.99 acres
- PLUS CODE ADDRESS: JGX3+G8V Bethany, Kentucky 41301
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot): 37.648864, -83.496706
- APN: 063-00-00-013.00
- LEGAL DESCRIPTION: OFF CAVE BR 5 M NW PENCE
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: none (get boundary/KML file here – works with Google Earth)
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): oval shaped
- FLOODPLAIN: none
- ELEVATION: 1066 feet
- TERRAIN: rolling
- CONDITION: wooded with hunting cabin
- ACCESS: Tom Rose Branch Rd runs into the south edge of the property
- POWER: none
- WATER: none (well would be necessary)
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- CELL COVERAGE: 5G thru T-Mobile, 4G thru Verizon and AT&T (according to Signal Checker here)
- TAXES: $146.45 in 2020
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: no zoning, NO RESTRICTIONS – do what you want with your land!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- No size/height restriction on homes/structures on the lot
- No setback requirements
- No time limit to build – leave the lot as-is for as long as you want or need.
- RVs, Campers, Mobile Homes, Cabins, “Shouses”, tiny-houses all permitted.
- Animals, livestock, etc. permitted.
- No HOA or CC+R’s
- Or, simply leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- HOA: none
- NEAREST CITIES: Campton < Jackson < Lexington
- NEAREST AIRPORT: Lexington Blue Grass Airport (1 hr 25 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- Assessor (606) 668-6923
- Treasurer (606) 668-3040
- Clerk/Recorder (606) 668-3515
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions. This destination point is at the intersection of Cave Branch Rd and Tom Rose Branch Rd. We recommend parking your car on the shoulder here and walking or ATV’ing the rest of the way. The banks of the little creek here here are probably a little too high for most vehicles. GPS coordinates to intersection of Cave Branch Rd & Tom Rose Branch Rd: 37.647343, -83.486516
GPS coordinates to property line: 37.648864, -83.496706. (see Google Maps link to this point here to guide you during your walk). This Google Maps destination takes you the far south line of the property, then the cabin & pond is a 1100 foot walk to the northwest. The cabin that lies about 200 feet before you get to the Google Maps destination is the neighbor’s, not ours.
GPS coordinates to cabin/pond: 37.650763, -83.499891 (see Google Maps link to this point here to guide you during your walk)
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
The city of Jackson is just 20 minutes down the road and offers an excellent mix of stores, restaurants, and services, including a Walmart. The county seat of Campton is a 17 minute drive in the other direction and offers more basic retail like a Dollar General and Family Dollar. When you’re ready to explore some of the Midwest’s most striking natural scenery, Red River Gorge awaits only 20 minutes away, offering world-class rock-climbing and the largest collection of natural arches east of the Rocky Mountains.
WOLFE COUNTY: Red River Gorge, Daniel Boone National Forest, Gorge Underground (very cool, check this out!), Creation Falls, Red River Gorge Ziplines, Cliffview Resort, Chimney Top Rock, Muir Valley Nature Preserve, Princess Arch
JACKSON (20 minutes, nearest Walmart)
- RETAIL: Walmart, Tractor Supply Co, Save-A-Lot, Ace Hardware, Kroger, IGA, Walgreens, many others
- RESTAURANTS – McDonald’s, Dairy Queen, Subway, KFC, Little Caesars, Wendy’s, Showtime Pizza, many others
- SERVICES – Kentucky River Medical Center, Post Office, County Government
- RECREATIONAL – North Fork Kentucky River
CAMPTON (17 minutes, Wolfe county seat)
- RETAIL – Dollar General, Family Dollar, Save-A-Lot, others
- RESTAURANTS – Patriot Pizza, 145 Steakout, Dixie Freeze, Dairy Queen, others
- SERVICES – Red River Gorge Inn, Post Office, Pharmacy
- RECREATIONAL – Campton Lake
LEXINGTON (1 hr 15 mins, nearest major metro)
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union. In fact, we’ve spoken with Kin, 606-668-9911, at Whitaker Bank in nearby Campton and they do offer land loans for 30% down and have no minimum credit score requirement. Her minimum debt-to-income ratio is 37%. Please call her if you’re in the market for financing. If that doesn’t work out, we know that Farmers & Traders Bank in Campton, 606-668-3115, also offers land loans for 35% down.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.