YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
Cheap Land in Maryland near the Chesapeake Bay
The Chesapeake Bay is steeped in martime history and hosts some of the oldest colonial cities in America. This property, located on the east side of the bay, is only one mile from the water, so you’ll be able to smell the salty air from your front door. The nearest city, Cambridge, was settled by English colonists in 1684, and that kind of iconic New England seaside charm is stronger than ever here today.
- Just 1 mile from Cheseapeake Bay
- Paved Road Access
- Near Wildlife Refuge
- Priced about 20% below market
PROPERTY: This 1.00 acre wooded, mostly rectangular parcel features 147 feet of frontage on the well-maintained and paved Toddville Road. The lot is completely vacant and undeveloped, so you have a totally blank canvas from which to paint a peaceful New England maritime life, or just make it your weekend camping getaway. The land is extremely flat and buildable and the neighborhood is very peaceful and only moderately-populated – that perfect “Goldilocks” zone where urban amenities are easily accessible but you have the seclusion you always wanted. It’s a great place to be for any outdoor enthusiast who loves the water!
Cheapest 1-acre lot in the area!
Cheap Land In Dorchester County, Maryland
The nearest city with an ample retail industry — including a Walmart — is Cambridge, Maryland, about a half hour away. Its lighthouse, which was erected in 2012 as a symbol of the area’s revitalization, guards the mouth of the Choptank River here on the Eastern Shore. This quaint yet modern town is a monument to Maryland’s rich maritime history but offers plenty of action too. Take in the budding and vibrant culinary and art scene downtown, or head to the sea to cruise Cheseapeake Bay on the Nathan of Dorchester skipjack. Cambridge was also the launching spot for Harriet Tubman, and that’s why the Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad National Historical Park has been established here, and the site of her childhood home is just down the road from it. The Horn Point Laboratory on the west side of town is home to the largest oyster hatchery on the East Coast and legend has it that in 1699 William Kidd hid treasure somewhere on the grounds where the lab is now.
Just over 10 mintues away, lying between Cambridge and Wingate is a massive 28,000-acre nature lover’s dream — the Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge, an amphibian and bird sanctuary located along the great migration highway known as the Atlantic Flyway. The signature resident among this maze of freshwater impoundments, brackish wetlands, and gentle fields and forests is the American bald eagle. In fact, this refuge hosts the largest largest breeding population of bald eagles on the entire East Coast north of Florida. Use the Shorter’s Wharf Public Boat Ramp or Blackwater NWR Soft Launch to explore this wonderland by boat, or hit one of various hiking trails, including Tubman Road, Key Wallace, Woods, and Marsh Edge. If you prefer the water but don’t own a boat, have no fear because Blackwater Adventures Chesapeake Bay has your back.
If all this activity has made you hungry, then drive out to Upper Hooper Island and pull into Old Salty’s Restaurant about 25 minutes away. Delight in fresh crab, oysters, steaks, and other seafoods before heading home for the night.
When you’re ready for big city excitement, Annapolis and Washington D.C. are 80+ miles to the north, and then west, over the famed William Preston Lane Jr. Memorial Bay Bridge. When it first opened in 1952, it was the world’s largest steel over-water bridge. Annapolis is Maryland’s capital city and, of course, has been the home to the U.S. Naval Academy since 1845. There’s much more here than the Navy though. Adults can hammer out a pub crawl or wine tour and the kids will love the Chesapeake Beach Water Park.
Go a little bit further and you’re in Washington D.C.. Love it or hate it, this city is constantly abuzz and is a history buff’s utopia. Only Philadelphia, which is a little under three hours to the north from this property, could rival its storied past.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 if you have any questions or would like to discuss an offer. There’s lots more info – including viewing instructions – below, so make sure to keep reading!
- SIZE: 1.00 acres
- POSTAL LOCATION (or PLUS CODE ADDRESS): 8W45+PJM Wingate, Maryland 21675
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot): 38.306829, -76.090955
- APN: 10-002516
- LEGAL DESCRIPTION: 1 ACRE W/S TODDVILLE ROAD
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: none (see County GIS parcel map here)
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate, lot not surveyed): starting at N corner 147 feet (along road) x 207 feet x 247 feet x 176 feet to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: BFE AE. 5.0 Flood Zone (requires home’s ground floor to be 7 feet above Mean High Water level; land’s elevation is allowed to be factored)
- ELEVATION: 2 feet
- TERRAIN: flat
- ACCESS: 147 feet of direct access along Toddville Road
- WASTEWATER MGMT: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- WATER: none (well would need to be installed)
- POWER: available thru Choptank Electric 877-892-0001
- TAXES: $353.57 in 2020
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: RR – Rural Residential (full description here from Dorchester County P&Z)
- 600 sf minimum on-site build or double-wide manufactured home at least 24′ x 40′
- setbacks: front = 40 feet; side = 20 feet; back = 50 feet
- 15% max coverage (6,534 sf) for surfaces (i.e. driveways, patios, house)
- overnight camping is allowed
- HOA: none
- NEAREST CITIES: Cambridge < Annapolis < Washington D.C.
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Cambridge-Dorchester Regional Airport (35 mins), Baltimore-Washington International (2 hours)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- Assessor (410) 228-3380
- Treasurer (410) 228-4343
- Clerk (410) 228-0480
- Planning & Zoning (410) 228-3234
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 38.306829, -76.090955.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Will will help you find a great lender. Most local banks will offer land loans for 15-25% down.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why our properties are priced below market value, and the answer is really simple: we choose to sell to you at wholesale prices. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and discounted rates, and we strongly believe in passing this discount on to our buyers.
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.