YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
Cheap Land in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina
Come home to 4.22 acres of beautiful ridge top land in the Buck Mountain community, just 25 minutes west of Wilkesboro.
- Stunning Mountain Views
- Paved, Ridge Top Road Frontage
- Priced about 19% Below Market
- Power Available along Road
- Buildable Bluff Site, Perfect for Walkout Basement-type Home
- Wonderful Community Amenities (65′ Waterfall, Clubhouse, Hiking Overlooks, Bass Fishing Pond, more)
- Only 18 mins to Kerr Scott Reservoir
PROPERTY: Welcome to your very own mountain retreat! This vacant 4.22 acre ridge top property offers breathtaking views of the surrounding Blue Ridge mountains and valleys below, and features 425 feet of direct road frontage along Buck Mountain Road, paved private road with power. The same slope that affords such amazing views could perfectly accommodate a walkout-basement type home for the ultimate in mountain living! With only 18 minutes from great fishing and water sports at Kerr Scott Reservoir – plus Buck Mountain community amenities like a 65′ waterfall, clubhouse, hiking overlooks, bass fishing pond and more – there’s something for everyone! Plus, you won’t have to go far for groceries with Dollar General just a 15 minute drive down the mountain. Of course, drive just a few miles farther to Wilkesboro and you’ll enjoy all the big box shopping you will ever need. Imagine life here – surrounded by nature’s beauty every day while having all your favorite outdoor activities right at your fingertips! Don’t miss out on this opportunity – call us today to make it yours at an unbeatable Acretown price!
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then Overlays.
- SIZE: 4.22 acres
- ADDRESS (street # estimated – use GPS for navigation): 1986 Buck Mountain Rd, Purlear NC 28665
- GPS COORDINATES: 36.195832, -81.371321
- APN: 0801412
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: BUCK MTN PH 6 LOT 68 P9/193
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- MINERAL RIGHTS: any mineral rights we own will convey to buyer (assume no mineral rights will convey)
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): starting at NW corner, 425′ E (along road) x 836′ SW x 698′ N to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: none, no wetlands
- ELEVATION: 2132 feet
- TERRAIN: sloped
- CONDITION: undeveloped, wooded
- ACCESS: 425 feet of direct frontage on Buck Mountain Rd, a paved private road
- POWER: available from Duke Power
- WATER: none (well would need to be installed)
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $201.12 in 2021
- POA: Buck Mountain
- POA FEES: $545 per year for vacant lots ($1090 per year for lots w/homes)
- AMENITIES INCLUDED: community center, fishing pond, memorial garden, activity center w/putting green + outdoor fireplace, 65′ tall natural waterfalls, ATV trail system, basin overlook, hiking trails to summit, ATV parking, “out-on-the-town” activities
- RESTRICTIONS: download rules here (summarized below)
- single-family homes only
- accessory buildings allowed (like garages, sheds, and barns)
- no minimum size requirement (but plans must be approved by Board)
- no mobile homes
- no camping or temporary homes
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Mount Pleasant (Elementary) – West Wilkes (Middle School) – West Wilkes (High School)
- NEAREST CITIES: Mount Pleasant < Wilkesboro
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Greensboro Piedmont Triad International (1 hr 34 mins), Charlotte Douglas International (1 hr 54 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- Assessor (336) 651-7596
- Register of Deeds (336) 651-7351
- Planning & Zoning (336) 651-7582
If you’re a serious buyer and wish to visit, please call Scott at 314-639-9777. IMPORTANT: you need a gate code to enter.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 36.195832, -81.371321.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizontal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
If you love the Blue Ridge mountains, you’re in the right spot. Downtown Wilkesboro is just 26 minutes to the east. Situated along the south bank of the Yadkin River, Wilkesboro offers a lot of natural scenic views and big box retail. For high octane excitement, hit one of NASCAR’s first race tracks, the North Wilkesboro Speedway. Stone Mountain State Park is a hiker’s paradise and can be reached within an hour’s drive to the northeast. It offers 14,000 acres of parkland around a scenic granite dome. If you’re looking for a quicker trip, Rendezvous Mountain State Park is less than a half hour’s drive in the same direction and offers breathtaking Blue Ridge mountain views along the Amadahy Trail. Fishermen and watersports enthusiasts can head the opposite direction to Kerr Scott Reservoir. This 1500-acre lake is only 18 minutes from the property and is truly one of North Carolina’s best kept aquatic secrets.
NEARBY – Kerr Scott Reservoir (18 minutes), Rendezvous Mountain State Park (28 mins), Serpentine Falls (11 mins), Buck Mountain Community Pond (10 mins), Stone Mountain State Park (57 mins)
MOUNT PLEASANT (15 minutes, nearest grocery store – Dollar General)
WILKESBORO (26 minutes, nearest city & Walmart)
- RETAIL –ALDI, Lowes Foods of Wilkesboro, David’s Market, Walmart Supercenter, Belk, North Wilkesboro ABC Store, Wilkes County Flea Market, Key City Antique Mall & Shops, Rock Creek IGA, Food Lion, Millers Creek Market, many others
- RESTAURANTS – Chick-fil-A, Subway, Starbucks, Applebee’s, Cagney’s Kitcheno, Dine-N-Das, Arby’s, Sagebrush Steakhouse, many others
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, hospital, specialists, dentists, animal hospital
- RECREATIONAL – WCC Gardens, West Park Fitness Zone, Cub Creek Park
CHARLOTTE (1 hr 45 mins, nearest major metro, home to the Carolina Panthers of the NFL, the Charlotte Hornets of the NBA, the NASCAR Hall of Fame and the U.S. National Whitewater Center.)
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.