YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
Cheap Land in Waterbury, Connecticut
Buy these lots as your own small land development project and make huge returns on the re-sell, or build this out to live here yourself. Waterbury hosts major shopping and you’re only 3 minutes from Fulton Park.
- No Floodplain or Wet Lands
- Flat & Buildable
- Land Developer Special: extend road & multiply your returns!
- Legal Access w/Existing Road Easement
- Priced 20% Below Market
- Near Parks and Major Shopping
PROPERTY: This 0.84 acre offering is made up of five different lots. Buy one, some, or all! The lots are lightly wooded, and they all feature direct frontage on the Junior Street easement — the road still needs to be extended to provide access and utilities. This is right in the wheelhouse of any exisiting land developer but the price is so low that it’s perfect for the amateur developer with a low risk tolerance but an eye for large returns! The lots are completely vacant, flat, and without any floodplain encroachments so once the road is built, these lots will be ready to sell for many times your acquisition price. The current annual property tax bill of only $385 keeps your holding costs low too. Waterbury is an active town with major big box retailers like Walmart and Costco, but outdoor enthusiasts enjoy the close proximity to some great hiking trails, rivers, and lakes. The 70-acre Fulton Park, with its cobblestone walls, brook-lined trails, and calming ponds, is the crown jewel of Waterbury’s park system and it’s just 3 mintues away. Within a half hour lies four state parks & forests and two sizeable lakes – Scoville & Great Brook – so your tight grip on this small city can be easily traded for natural beauty and adventure at a moment’s notice. New Haven, Connecticut’s uber-charming port city and home to Yale University and other metropolitan delights, is just a 40-minute drive south. Not enough action? Get all you want in NYC, less than two hours to the southwest.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
If you find a similar property at a better price, please email the listing to Scott at email@example.com because we’re serious about maintaining our price advantage over the entire market. No two pieces of land are exactly the same but we want to see that other listing because if it is very similar to ours, then we’re very confident that we will beat that price!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- SIZE: 0.84 acres total
- ADDRESS (street # estimated): 55 Junior Street, Waterbury CT 06704
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot): 41.568887, -73.030235
- East Lot A, 0.12 acres = WATE-000182-000208-000078
- East Lot B, 0.11 acres = WATE-000182-000208-000079
- East Lot C, 0.23 acres = WATE-000182-000208-000080
- West Lot A, 0.13 acres = WATE-000182-000207-000751
- West Lot B, 0.25 acres = WATE-000182-000207-000075
- LEGAL DESCRIPTIONS: download here
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here
- KML’s (i.e. property boundary files, which open in Google Earth):
- TITLE: clean General Warranty deed – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate):
- East Lot A = 50′ x 101′
- East Lot B = 50′ x 100′
- East Lot C = 100′ x 100′
- West Lot A = 50′ x 110′
- West Lot B = 100′ x 110′
- FLOODPLAIN: none
- ELEVATION: 605 feet
- TERRAIN: mostly flat, gentle slope
- CONDITION: undeveloped, wooded
- ACCESS: Junior Street easement extends to all lots, but street must be built
- POWER: available along Junior Street but must be extended to property
- WATER: available along Junior Street but must be extended to property
- WASTEWATER: available along Junior Street but must be extended to property
- CELL COVERAGE: 5G thru AT&T and T-Mobile, 4G thru Verizon (according to Signal Checker here)
- TAXES (2021):
- East Lot A, 0.12 acres = $58.00
- East Lot B, 0.11 acres = $52.00
- East Lot C, 0.23 acres = $110.00
- West Lot A, 0.13 acres = $52.00
- West Lot B, 0.25 acres = $113.00
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: zoned RL (Residential – Low Density)
- 6,000 sf minimum size lot to build
- setbacks: 20 ft from street, 25 ft from rear, 6 ft from side
- 50% maximum cover
- 35 feet max building height
- max density: 8 units per acre
- download full document here
- HOA: none
- NEAREST CITIES: Waterbury < Hartford < New Haven
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Hartford-Brainard (39 mins), Tweed New Haven (48 mins), LaGuardia (1 hour 40 mins)
- CITY GOVERNMENT:
- Assessor (203) 574-6821
- Treasurer (203) 574-6815 (Real Estate)
- Clerk (203) 574-6800
- Planning & Zoning (203) 574-6817
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 41.568887, -73.030235.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. This outlines all five lots. If you’re only interested in downloading the boundary lines for a single lot, please see the appropriate KML file link in the “Property Description” section above. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Waterbury is an active town with major big box retailers like Walmart and Costco, but outdoor enthusiasts enjoy the close proximity to some great hiking trails, rivers, and lakes. The 70-acre Fulton Park, with its cobblestone walls, brook-lined hiking trail, and calming ponds, is the crown jewel of Waterbury’s park system and it’s just 3 mintues away. Within a half hour lies four state parks & forests and two sizeable lakes – Scoville & Great Brook – so your tight grip on this small city can be easily traded for natural beauty and adventure at a moment’s notice. New Haven, Connecticut’s uber-charming port city and home to Yale University and other metropolitan delights, is just a 40-minute drive south. Not enough action? Get all you want in NYC, less than two hours to the southwest.
NEARBY RECREATION: Fulton Park (3 mins), Black Rock State Park (16 mins), Mattatuck State Forest (16 mins), Naugatuck River Walk (10 mins), Whitestone Cliffs Trail, Scoville Reservoir, Great Brook Reservoir, Naugatuck State Forest (22 mins), Sleeping Giant State Park (27 mins), Lighthouse Point Park (48 mins)
WATERBURY (major shopping & dining, including Walmart, “The Brass City”)
- RETAIL: Walmart, Costco, Target, Marshalls, Harbor Freight, Home Depot, Dick’s Sporting Goods, TJ Maxx, Family Dollar, PetSmart, Brass Mill Center, many others
- RESTAURANTS: Dairy Queen, McDonald’s, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Domino’s, KFC, many others
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, St. Mary’s Hospital, Waterbury Hospital, dentists, specialists, family doctors, pharamacies, vets
NEW HAVEN (40 minutes, nearest major city & port, home of Yale University)
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.