Cheap Oceanfront Land in Maine on Little Machias Bay
Live on the majestic Maine oceanfront, just 21 minutes from Machias, and bask in storybook views every day for the rest of your life!
- Oceanfront on Little Machias Bay!
- 390 feet of Beach!
- Priced Well Below Market
- Paved Road Frontage
- Easy Residential Zoning & No Deed Restrictions
- Very Buildable Topo
- No Floodplain or Wetlands
PROPERTY/LOT 10: Experience the wonders of the Maine Bold Coast with this 1.9 acre parcel boasting 390 feet of beachfront, and about 380 feet of power-lined road frontage on Cutler Road, a paved public road. Drive just one mile to the idyllic fishing village of Cutler and grab a fresh lobster straight off the boat. Originally known as Bay View Subdivision, this land features 3 oceanfront lots totaling 5.8 acres, and this Lot 10 is one of those three available lots. With elevated views of Little Machias Bay and a lower beachfront shelf, low tide reveals easily accessible sandy beaches to explore with your dogs or dig for clams. In the summertime, lupines flourish alongside low bush Maine blueberries, vibrantly coloring the landscape and offering a delicious bounty for any basket-toting fruit lover. On the opposite side of Cutler Road, you’ll find 5 lots encompassing 14.46 acres of cleared, rolling fields and moderately wooded forests that provide a perfect, natural northern border and backyard canopy for adventurous children and green-thumbed gardeners. Build a two-story home and you’ll be treated with breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean. The Western and Eastern Marsh Brooks converge at the NE corner of Lot 6+7 and create a private and beautiful 700-foot eastern boundary, complete with a mid-stream island to explore. History enthusiasts will appreciate the nearby “Cutler towers” southwest of the bay, which is the United States Navy’s VLF Transmitter, used to communicate with the Navy’s Atlantic submarine fleet. Want even more nature? Beautiful sea cliffs beckon, with Cutler Coast Public Reserved Land just 10 minutes to the northeast, offering camping, hiking, hunting and wildlife viewing opportunities on over 12,000 acres Don’t miss the chance to own this stunning piece of the Maine Bold Coast, and get in at an unbeatable Acretown price!
The best and most updated source of information on this property will always be at https://www.acretown.com/washingtonme10
This Lot 10 is just one of eight offerings in this subdivision:
- Lot 2 = 2.11 acres (bayview/forestside, north side of road) $34,800
- Lot 3 = 2.12 acres (bayview/forestside, north side of road) $34,800
- Lot 4 = 2.11 acres (bayview/forestside, north side of road) $34,800
- Lot 5 = 2.08 acres (bayview/forestside, north side of road) $34,800
- Lot 6+7 = 6.04 acres (brookside, north side of road) $79,900
- Lot 8 = 2.0 acres (oceanfront) $74,900
- Lot 9 = 1.9 acres (oceanfront) $74,900
- Lot 10 = 1.9 acres (oceanfront) $84,800
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then Overlays.
- ADDRESS (street # estimated – use GPS for navigation): 2120 Cutler Rd, Cutler ME 04626
- Lot 2 = 2.11 acres
- Lot 3 = 2.12 acres
- Lot 4 = 2.11 acres
- Lot 5 = 2.08 acres
- Lot 6+7 = 6.04 acres
- Lot 8 = 2.0 acres
- Lot 9 = 1.9 acres
- Lot 10 = 1.9 acres
- GPS COORDINATES:
- Lot 2 = 44.669667, -67.251553
- Lot 3 = 44.669709, -67.250745
- Lot 4 = 44.669753, -67.250004
- Lot 5 = 44.669801, -67.249401
- Lot 6+7 = 44.670017, -67.247272
- Lot 8 = 44.669675, -67.247948
- Lot 9 = 44.669503, -67.249979
- Lot 10 = 44.669417, -67.251130
- Lot 2 = CUTL-000006-000000-000036-000002
- Lot 3 = CUTL-000006-000000-000036-000003
- Lot 4 = CUTL-000006-000000-000036-000004
- Lot 5 = CUTL-000006-000000-000036-000005
- Lot 6+7 = CUTL-000006-000000-000036-000006 + CUTL-000006-000000-000036-000007
- Lot 8 = CUTL-000006-000000-000035-000001
- Lot 9 = CUTL-000006-000000-000035-000002
- Lot 10 = CUTL-000006-000000-000035-000003
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION – LOTS 2-10: download here
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here
- GOOGLE EARTH BOUNDARY (KML) FILE: Lot 2 Lot 3 Lot 4 Lot 5 Lot 6+7 Lot 8 Lot 9 Lot 10
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- DIMENSIONS (approximate):
- Lot 2 = starting at NW corner, 203′ east x 461′ south x 204′ west (along road) x 457′ north to POB
- Lot 3 = starting at NW corner, 203′ east x 461′ south x 203′ west (along road) x 461′ north to POB
- Lot 4 = starting at NW corner, 203′ east x 457′ south x 203′ west (along road) x 461′ north to POB
- Lot 5 = starting at NW corner, 203′ east x 450′ south x 202′ west (along road) x 457′ north to POB
- Lot 6+7 = starting at NW corner, 851′ east x 535′ south (along brook) x 560′ west (along road) x 450′ north to POB
- Lot 8 = starting at NW corner, 565′ east (along road) x 178′ south (along brook) x 511′ west (along highwater line of shore) x 160′ north to POB
- Lot 9 = starting at NW corner, 388′ east (along road) x 210′ south x 394′ west (along highwater line of shore) x 199′ north to POB
- Lot 10 = starting at NW corner, 380′ east (along road) x 199′ south x 390′ west (along highwater line of shore) x 316′ north to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: none, except for small area (approx. 0.61 acres) along brookside of Lot 6+7
- ELEVATION: 62 feet
- TERRAIN:gently sloping
- CONDITION: undeveloped, mostly cleared
- Lot 2 = 204 feet of frontage on Cutler Road, a paved public highway
Lot 3 = 203 feet of frontage on Cutler Road, a paved public highway
Lot 4 = 203 feet of frontage on Cutler Road, a paved public highway
Lot 5 = 202 feet of frontage on Cutler Road, a paved public highway
Lot 6+7 = 560 feet of frontage on Cutler Road, a paved public highway
Lot 8 = via 25′ wide driveway easement from Lot 9 to Cutler Road
Lot 9 = via driveway easement to Cutler Road
Lot 10 = via 25′ wide driveway easement from Lot 9 to Cutler Road
- Lot 2 = 204 feet of frontage on Cutler Road, a paved public highway
- POWER: available along road
- WATER: well would need to be installed
- WASTEWATER: septic would need to be installed (previously passed perc tests performed Dec ’03-Feb ’04)
- TAXES: $6,618.40 in 2022 for 20.23 acres ($327.16 per acre)
- HOA: none
- DEED RESTRICTIONS: none
- ZONING: see zoning map here
- Lots 2-7: not zoned
- Lots 8-10: Limited Residential (see full doc here)
- single and two family homes (permit issued by Code Enforcement Officer)
- multi-family apartments/condos (permit issued by Planning Board)
- piers/docks/marinas OK by permit
- campgrounds/campsites OK by permit
- timber harvesting OK
- hunting, fishing, hiking OK
- mineral extraction OK
- agriculture OK
- educational/research facilities OK
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Bay Ridge (Elementary) – Elm Street (Middle School) – Machias Memorial (High School)
- NEAREST CITIES: Cutler < Machias < Ellsworth
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Machias Valley (25 mins), Bangor International (2 hrs 4 mins)
- TOWN OF CUTLER GOVERNMENT:
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can (1) confirm its availability (our land does sell fast), and (2) ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS coordinates 44.669417, -67.251130.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here: Lot 2 Lot 3 Lot 4 Lot 5 Lot 6+7 Lot 8 Lot 9 Lot 10
- . You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizontal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Beautiful sea cliffs beckon, with Cutler Coast Public Reserved Land just 10 minutes to the northeast, offering camping, hiking, hunting and wildlife viewing opportunities on over 12,000 acres along the famous Bold Coast, or head about two hours southwest toward Acadia National Park, featuring pristine lakes, granite-domed mountains, woodlands, a jagged coastline, and breathtaking sunrises over the Atlantic. 20 minutes to the northwest is the town of Machias, hosting grocery stores, local restaurants, fast-food chains and medical clinics, while the nearest Walmart is in Calais, an hour to the north. If you’re looking for the full range of retail though, Bangor is under two hours to the west.
NEARBY – Cutler Coast Public Reserved Land (10 minutes), Machias State Park (20 minutes), Roque Bluffs State Park (33 minutes), Quoddy Head State Park (34 minutes), Fort O’Brien State Historic Site (21 minutes), Saint Croix Island International Historic Site (1 h 4 minutes), Moosehorn National Wildlife Refuge – Maine (1 hour), Acadia National Park (1 h 48 minutes), Western Head Preserve Trailhead (6 minutes), Public boat launch (20 minutes), Barren View Golf Course (33 minutes).
- RETAIL – Machias River General, Hannaford, Machias Marketplace, Look’s Gourmet Food Company, Advance Auto Parts, and more.
- RESTAURANTS – Helen’s Restaurant, The Bluebird Ranch Family Restaurant, Riverside Takeout, Pat’s Pizza Machias, McDonald’s, Subway, and more.
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, Down East Medical Associates, Walgreens.
- RECREATIONAL – Bad Little Falls Park, Middle River Park, public boat launch.
- RETAIL – Walmart, Calais IGA, Tradewinds Shop ‘n Save, Marden’s, Circle K, Dollar Tree, Calais Ace Homecenter, and more.
- RESTAURANTS – Riverview Restaurant & Lounge, Townhouse Restaurant, Jo’s Diner and Pizzeria, McDonald’s, Subway, and more.
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, Calais Regional Medical Service, Calais Community Hospital, Calais Regional Hospital, Walgreens.
- RECREATIONAL – Calais Waterfront Walkway, St Croix Country Club, Saint Croix Island International Historic Site.
OWNER FINANCING: We DO offer owner-financing so if you’re interested in that route, please call, text (314-639-9777) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll be happy to provide the details.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: You’re welcome to finance your purchase through your own lender and we’ll be happy to work with them.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.