YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
Cheap Land in West Virginia near Black Bear Resort & Timberline Mountain
When you drive to this property, you’re driving through one of the most sparsely populated (for now) and beautiful areas in the Appalachian Mountains. In fact, you literally can’t escape the natural splendor here, as Canaan Valley National Wildlife Refuge runs right up to your property line, with Blackwater Falls State Park only about 10 minutes up the road.
- No Restrictions
- Priced approximately 18% Below Market
- Beautiful Views of Mountains & Canann Valley Ski Area
- Borders Gov’t Land / Wildlife Refuge
- Power Pole On-Site
- Extensive Road Frontage but Very Quiet Road
- Just 10 Minutes from Blackwater Falls State Park
PROPERTY: This U-shaped 4.94 acre lot is moderately wooded and moderately sloped, but still very buildable as evidenced by the two neigboring homes along the same street. It features about 720 feet of direct frontage on Promised Land Road. There are no structures on site, but power does run along the road frontage and there are no floodplain issues, so it’s ready for a new home or cabin. It’s ready for anything, in fact, because there are no restrictions here! The very lightly developed area will ensure your tranquil existence as you gaze around at all the Blue Ridge beauty and wonder how you got so lucky that you live in a place where others pay dearly just to visit. In fact, some of these visitors to Tucker County stay at the well-appointed Black Bear Resort just a few minutes down the road. They don’t just come to look though, as the three different ski resorts in the county (including Timberline, “Ski Capital of the Mid-Atlantic”) are transforming this region into a budding winter wonderland and summer vacation hotspot. Not a skier? No problem! The rich abundance of wildlife, nearby mountain gorges, lakes, streams, and waterfalls offer all the natural adventure you could ever want. The federally-owned and managed Canaan Valley National Wildlife Refuge even shares the southern border of this property! Blackwater Falls State Park is only 10 minutes up the road through the quaint mountain town of Davis, which offers a grocery store and other basic services. For a more complete shopping experience, head 40 minutes north to Oakland, Maryland and hit Walmart, Lowe’s, or a host of other retail outlets.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including viewing instructions – so please keep reading!
Priced Below Market for Instant Returns!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- SIZE: 4.94 acres
- GOOGLE PLUS CODE ADDRESS: 3HXF+52C Cortland, West Virginia 26260
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot): 39.097933, -79.427496
- APN: 03-290-00380005
- LEGAL DESCRIPTION: 4.94 AC CANAAN MT
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: none (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: not transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): irregular
- FLOODPLAIN: none
- ELEVATION: 3660 feet
- TERRAIN: sloped
- CONDITION: undeveloped, wooded
- ACCESS: 721 feet of direct frontage along Promised Land Rd
- POWER: available thru on-site power pole
- WATER: well would need to be installed
- WASTEWATER: septic system would need to be installed
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- CELL COVERAGE: 5G with AT&T and T-Mobile, 4G with Verizon (according to Signal Checker here)
- TAXES: $238.74 in 2021
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: no zoning, NO RESTRICTIONS – do what you want with your land!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- No size/height restriction on homes/structures on the lot
- No setback requirements
- No time limit to build – leave the lot as-is for as long as you want or need.
- RVs, Campers, Mobile Homes, Cabins, “Shouses”, tiny-houses all permitted.
- Animals, livestock, etc. permitted.
- No HOA or CC+R’s
- Or, simply leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- HOA: none
- NEAREST CITIES: Davis < Oakland, MD < Morgantown < Washington DC
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Washington Dulles International Airport (2 hrs 45 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 39.097933, -79.427496.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
The very lightly developed area will ensure your tranquil existence as you gaze around at all the Blue Ridge beauty and wonder how you got so lucky that you live in a place where others pay dearly just to visit. In fact, some of these visitors to Tucker County stay at the well-appointed Black Bear Resort just a few minutes down the road. They don’t just come to look though, as the three different ski resorts in the county are transforming this region into a budding winter wonderland and summer vacation hotspot. Not a skier? No problem! The rich abundance of wildlife, nearby mountain gorges, lakes, streams, and waterfalls offer all the natural adventure you could ever want. Blackwater Falls State Park is only 10 minutes up the road through the quaint mountain town of Davis, which offers a grocery store and other basic services. For a more complete shopping experience, head 40 minutes north to Oakland, Maryland and hit Walmart, Lowe’s, or a host of other retail outlets.
TUCKER COUNTY: Timberline Mountain Ski Area, Canaan Valley Ski Resort, Blackwater Falls State Park, Dolly Sods Wilderness, Canaan Valley National Wildlife Refuge, White Grass Ski Center, Bear Rocks Preserve, Backbone Mountain, Douglas Falls, Allegheny Highlands Trail, Olson Tower, Pendleton Point Overlook, Albert Falls, Black Fork River, Lindy Point Observation Deck/Trailhead
- RETAIL – Shop N Save Express, Highland Market, Driftland Ski & Sport, Blackwater Bikes, Park Road Gallery & Gifts, others
- RESTAURANTS – Sirianni’s Cafe, Hellbender Burritos, Stumptown Ales, Muttley’s Bar & Grill,
- RECREATIONAL – Blackwater River, Blackwater Falls State Park, Elakala Trail, Tucker Boulder Park, Canaan Trout Ranch, Davis Riverfront Park
- RETAIL – Walmart, Lowe’s, Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Advance Auto Parts, CVS, Walgreens, Cabin Fever Antiques, Grand Central Home Furnishings, many others
- RESTAURANTS – Tomanetti’s Pizzeria, Burger King, Pizza Hut, McDonald’s, Taco Bell, Dairy Queen, Arby’s, China Wok, Denny’s, Vagabond Taproom, many others
- RECREATIONAL – Woodell Park, Broadford Park, Oakland Golf Course, Herrington Manor State Park, Little Youghiogheny River
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.