$39,220 to $21,000. Shop around – we had our competition beat at $39K, and now it’s a blowout at $21K!
Cheap Land In Missouri – near Truman Lake
If you’re ready to get away from all the stresses of urban life, cut out a little slice of country for yourself here near Missouri’s largest lake — Truman Lake. Truman is a fisherman’s dream and considered the more pastoral sister to the Lake of the Ozarks, but you’re still less than two hours away from the big city action of Kansas City.
- Priced about 10% Below Market after Price Drop (see our Value Assurance)
- 3 min Drive to the Lake
- Power Available
- Easy & Direct Road Access
- Relatively Flat & Buildable
PROPERTY: This 4.5 acre square-ish piece of land offers about 370 feet of direct road frontage on NE 1387, a dirt road that runs to paved Hwy ZZ just 975 feet away, and the lake is just a 3 minute drive (1.8 miles) to the west. The tract is generally level and moderately wooded with no structures. You’ll have a few neighbors on the west side of the road but it’s extremely sparse and quiet on the north, east, and south sides of the property, so build towards the east end of the property and be shrouded in peaceful, natural seclusion. Power is available in the area.
According to Realtor.com, this is one of just three 1-5 acre properties in Saint Clair County on the market, and the other two are asking over $10K per acre! We’re at $5.8K per acre.
This 55,600-plus acre Truman Lake offers 958 miles of coast line and has created a diverse wildlife area rich in the history of Osage Indians, explorers, fur trappers, traders and settlers. Truman Lake is a great location for fishing, even in the winter, as power from Truman Dam helps heat the water. It’s nationally known for its excellent crappie and bass fishing but boasts great fishing of walleye, hybrid bass and other species of fish. The reservoir is fed by four rivers and several small streams, creating a broad diversity for fishing.
The nearest city is Osceola and it’s about a 25 minute drive to the west. Osceola is a quaint little town where you’ll find a couple supermarkets, Dollar General, the famous Osceola Cheese company, a vet, and a few other critical services. If you’re hungry though, you absolutely can’t miss Sugarfoot’s BBQ, an award-winning restaurant incredibly popular by locals and tourists alike. Osceola has a colorful Civil War-era past as a once-thriving riverboat port, site of a brutal Civil War battle, and frequent hideout for Jesse James and the Younger Gang. Much of the Victorian-style architecture that was employed during the post-Civil War rebuilding phase still remains.
When it’s time to go shopping and stock up on supplies, Warsaw is less than a half hour to the northeast and hosts a Walmart, several other shops, bed-and-breakfasts, restaurants, parks, and marinas. Downtown Warsaw and the Drake Harbor Recreation Area Trails have been designated as “Great Places in Missouri” by the American Planning Association. Take a refreshing walk across the Joe Dice Swinging Suspension Bridge, which is on the National Historic Registry, or ride your bike on some of the state’s best and most scenic bicycle trails.
If Warsaw is Truman Lake’s gateway city for all those adventurous souls that travel from the east, historic Clinton serves that same role for all who come from the west, and it also lies about a half hour away from the property. It offers many of the same services as Warsaw, like a Walmart, Starbucks, and major fast food chains and supermarkets. You’ll also find the trailhead to the Katy Trail here, the longest developed rail-trail in the country. Whether you are a cyclist, walker, horse rider, nature lover, or history buff, the trail offers something for you. The park, built on the former cooridor of the Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad (MKT or “Katy”), is 225 miles long and runs from Clinton to St. Charles.
Of course, Truman Lake anchors several state parks, promising bountiful natural beauty and outdoor adventure. The most notable of which is the Harry S. Truman State Park. Clear waters, dramatic bluffs and vibrant summer and fall colors make Harry S Truman State Park an ideal place to vacation. Located on a peninsula, the park offers a marina, ample fishing and boating opportunities, and water that’s perfect for every kind of swimmer. Hiking trails, picnic areas and campsites dot the park’s open oak woodlands and provide a home for abundant wildlife. Other nearby (within 45 mins) natural lakeside offerings include:
- Berry Bend Public Use Area
- Brush Creek State Wildlife Area
- Brownington State Wildlife Area
- Cooper Creek Public Use Area
- Turkey Creek State Wildlife Area – home to numerous deer, turkey, squirrels, and raccoons. Hunting is allowed and there are opportunities for wildlife viewing.
- Weaubleau Creek State Wildlife Area
- Osage Bluff Public Use Area – excellent fishing location for crappie, largemouth bass and blue and flathead catfish
- Shawnee Bend Public Use Area
- Truman Lake Mountain Bike Park – 25+ miles of back-country fun, breathtaking views, and access to fantastic swimming hole
Vacant Land For Sale in the Ozarks
When you’re ready to experience the more cosmopolitan side of life, you can take the two hour drive to Kansas City. There’s much more than just baseball and barbeque here. With a population of about a half million folks, you’ll never have a shortage of things to do. When you’re ready to go out for the night, try the Cinema Under the Stars, or a live music venue, then cap it all off at one of several bars and breweries. Many people might be surprised to discover Kansas City is home to a vibrant casino industry too.
Make no mistake: KC loves their sports teams. The 2020 Super Bowl champion Chiefs call this city their home, as do baseball’s Royals. Kids will love the Worlds of Fun amusement park, featuring over 100 family rides, thrill rides, waterslides, shows, and attractions including seven world-class roller coasters. It’s also hosts the Midwest’s largest Halloween event in September and October. For more natural entertainment, try the Kansas City Zoo, 200 acres of adventure bustling with more than 1,700 animals.
If material trappings are what entice you, then allow your shopping bags to overflow as much as the city’s fountains. Boutique shops in Westport, brand name favorites at Legends Outlets and antique treasures in the West Bottoms are just a few of the city’s shopping hotspots.
Last but certainly not least, Kansas City has made its mark on food. Smoky barbecue. Local distilleries. Every aspect of the culinary and spirits scene possesses a uniquely KC twist that makes it something special. It’s a culture that embodies the city’s diverse influences, from international flavor and home-style cooking to unrivaled craft beer breweries.
Call Scott directly at 314.639.9777 if you have any questions or would like to discuss making an offer. There’s lots more info – including viewing instructions – below, so make sure to keep reading!
- SIZE: 4.5 acres
- POSTAL LOCATION: Osceola, St. Clair County, MO 64776
- LEGAL DESCRIPTION: Lot 19 Whispering Oaks Subdivision
- GPS COORDINATES (center of road frontage): 38.164799, -93.519441
- DIMENSIONS (approximate – lot not surveyed): starting NW corner clockwise 510 ft x 310 ft x 861 ft (curved road frontage) to POB
- APN: 07-1.2-02-000-000-008.19
- FLOODPLAIN: none
- ELEVATION: 972 ft
- TERRAIN: generally flat
- ACCESS: approximately 370 feet of direct access along NE 1387, a dirt road that feeds into Hwy ZZ (about 975 feet away)
- WASTEWATER: septic would be necessary for wastewater management
- WATER: well would be necessary for water
- POWER: not connected, but area is serviced by Sac Osage Electric Co-Op (800-876-2701)
- TAXES: $101.87 in 2020
- ZONING/RESTRICTIONS: very minor and summarized below (download document here)
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns are permitted
- 850 sf minimum for any residence built within 100 feet of road (no minimum for outside 100 feet)
- setback requirements: 50 feet from road, 25 feet from sides, 25 feet from rear
- no time limit to build – leave the lot as-is for as long as you want or need
- maximum one home per lot
- RVs, Campers, Mobile Homes, Cabins, “Shouses”, tiny-houses all permitted. Minimum size = 12 feet x 60 feet
- Animals, livestock, etc. permitted (except pigs).
- No HOA
- Or, simply leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns are permitted
- HOA: none
- NEAREST CITIES: Clinton < Warsaw < Kansas City
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Springfield-Branson National Airport (90 mins away), Kansas City International (2 hours away)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 38.164799, -93.519441.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend a FREE app called BaseMap, which uses your phone’s GPS system to show you property boundary lines, and allow you to walk them in real-time. You can follow THIS LINK to see the center of the lot on BaseMap (you’ll need to have the app to open the link). Make sure to save it as an Offline Map (by hitting the big green ‘+’ button on the map, then hit ‘Go Offline’) before you head out so that you can use the app even if you lose cell service. This is by far the best method to follow the boundary lines of the property. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Call Scott directly at 314.639.9777 if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why our properties are priced below market value, and the answer is really simple: we choose to sell to you at wholesale prices. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and discounted rates, and we strongly believe in passing this discount on to our buyers.
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.