NOTE: The #1 backup slot has been reserved, so the #2 backup slot is the next available.
Cheap Land in California overlooking Trinity Lake & Bordering Nat’l Forest
Let Upper Moore Gulch Road lead you to this breathtaking, off-grid paradise less than two hours northwest of Redding.
- Borders National Forest
- Beautiful Views of Trinity Lake & Abundant Wildlife
- On-Site Well
- Cleared Terraces (3 different levels)
- Priced about 17% Below Market
- Road Frontage
- Easily Subdivided: already into 3 different parcels – can have one house or cabin on each lot
- No Deed Restrictions
PROPERTY: Welcome to Trinity Lake! This mountain-side, square-shaped 30 acre parcel offers something extra special for such a beautiful, off-grid mountain retreat — public road frontage via Upper Moore Gulch Road, which cuts east-west through the middle of the property and then heads south along the property’s western boundary line. It was formerly used as a cannabis farm, and a lot of the infrastructure from that operation remains, including seven, large commercial water tanks, a well pump house (which works!), greenhouse, shed, and a geodesic dome shelter. A solar power system previously powered this site and some of the infrastructure from that remains too, like power outlets and fixtures. So bring in your own solar system and use the existing well and greenhouse infrastructure to grow your own crops, raise some goats, and live off the land! The previous owner cleared parts of the northwest corner and terraced it into three levels, offering breathtaking views of the Trinity Lake from the top terrace – the perfect spot for your new home! If you want a closer look though, just hike along the seasonal creek that flows down through the property and over some waterfalls. The only land between you and Trinity Lake is gov’t owned national forest, so feel free to keep hiking all the way down to the shore! Beauty and wild game envelops you here so take advantage of it however you want – camping/hunting retreat, tiny home, cabin, conventional home, farming operation, whatever your heart desires – you have no deed restrictions to interfere with your plans. You can even let it ride as an easy “subdivide and sell” investment, since it’s already technically subdivided into three contiguous parcels. The mountain resort town of Trinity Center lies 39 minutes to the north and offers several local restaurants, a grocery store, and a medical clinic, while the nearest Walmart is in Redding, two hours to the southeast. Don’t miss out on this incredible and unique opportunity at an unbeatable Acretown price!
The best and most updated source of information on this property will always be at https://www.acretown.com/trinity
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then Overlays.
- ADDRESS (use GPS coordinates for navigation): 1511 Upper Moore Gulch Rd, Trinity Center, CA 96091 (also 1541 + 1620 Upper Moore Gulch Rd)
- SIZE: 30 acres
- GPS COORDINATES: 40.885833, -122.728278
- APN: 010-060-49-00 + 010-060-48-00 + 010-060-55-00
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION:
- 1511 Upper Moore Gulch Rd: E/2 of E/2 of SWQ of SWQ Sec 13 Twp 35N Range 8W, M.D.B. & M
- 1541 Upper Moore Gulch Rd: W/2 of E/2 of SWQ of SWQ Sec 13 Twp 35N Range 8W, M.D.B. & M
- 1620 Upper Moore Gulch Rd: E/2 of W/2 of SWQ of SWQ Sec 13 Twp 35N Range 8W, M.D.B. & M
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here
- COUNTY BOUNDARY/KML FILE:
- COUNTY ASSESSOR’S MAP: download here
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- MINERAL RIGHTS: any mineral rights we own will convey to buyer (we have no knowledge of severance of mineral rights by a previous owner)
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): 1320′ x 990′ (each parcel is 1320′ x 330′)
- FLOODPLAIN: none, no wetlands
- ELEVATION: 3255 feet
- TERRAIN: sloped but terraced in NW corner
- CONDITION: cleared, multiple agricultural structures and tanks, well, domed shelter, mostly wooded
- ACCESS: Upper Moore Gulch Rd cuts east-west through northern part of property, then south along westerly boundary
- POWER: none (solar power system was previously used here)
- WATER: well on-site
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $2556.78 in 2022 ($852.26 for each parcel)
- HOA: none
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: unzoned (summarized below, see full doc here)
- one single-family home per parcel (minimum 5 acre parcels)
- building setbacks: front yard = 20′, side yard = 10′, rear yard = 20′
- residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural uses all allowed!
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Trinity Center (Elementary) – Trinity Center (Middle School) – Trinity (High School)
- NEAREST CITIES: Trinity Center < Weaverville < Redding
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Trinity Center Airport (43 mins), Redding Municipal (2 hrs), Sacramento International (4 hrs 13 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can (1) confirm its availability (our land does sell fast), and (2) ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions. You will encounter the above gate about a quarter mile before you get to our property, and you’ll need a code to unlock the Acretown padlock on the chain. Call Scott for that code.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS coordinates 40.885833, -122.728278.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizontal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Experience a diverse landscape, with Shasta-Trinity National Forest just 32 minutes to the northwest, the largest national forest in California, encompassing five wilderness areas, hundreds of mountain lakes and over 6,000 miles of streams and rivers, and home to Trinity Lake, a pristine reservoir offering fishing, water sports, camping and hiking opportunities amid miles of tree-lined shores and countless secluded coves. 39 minutes to the north lies Trinity Center, featuring several local restaurants, grocery stores, and a medical clinic, while the nearest Walmart is in Redding, two hours to the southeast, but if you are looking for the full range of big-box stores, you can find them in Sacramento, about two and a half hours farther south.
NEARBY – Trinity Lake Bowerman Boat Ramp (28 minutes), Shasta-Trinity National Forest (32 minutes), Alpine View Campground (30 minutes), Long Canyon Trailhead (38 minutes), Swift Creek Trailhead (1 hour), Whiskeytown National Recreation Area (1 h 31 minutes), Trinity Alps Golf Restaurant & Lounge (1 h 2 minutes).
- RETAIL – Trinity Center General Store, Coffee Creek Country Store, Pfluegers.
- RESTAURANTS – Yellow Jacket Eatery, Trailhead Pizza, Mini-Kat, Bears Breath Bar & Grill, and more.
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, Trinity Community Health Clinic.
- RECREATIONAL – Trinity Center Boat Ramp, Bowerman Barn, Trinity Lake KOA Holiday, Coffee Creek Campground & RV Park, Trinity Summit.
- RETAIL – Walmart, Safeway, Downtown Market Inc, Holiday Market, Grocery Outlet, Gather Downtown, Old Navy, Target, Ace Hardware Express, Martins Valley Supply, and many more.
- RESTAURANTS – Corbett’s Restaurant, Maxwell’s Eatery, La Cabana Mexican Restaurant, Jack’s Grill, Wienerschnitzel, Taco Bell, Wendy’s, and more.
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, California Family Medical Group, Shasta Community Health Center, Shasta Regional Medical Center, Hill Country Gold Street Medical, CVS, Walgreens.
- RECREATIONAL – Turtle Bay Exploration Park, Sundial Bridge, Kids’ Kingdom, Riverview Country Club, Lake Redding Boat Ramp, Shasta State Historic Park.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
The property needs to be (1) zoned agricultural or (2) contain harvestable timber. It also needs to be a minimum of 5 acres and require a minimum of $75k financing (after the down payment). Asking price should be $110k or more, so this property should qualify for their program.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.