4.78 ACRE RURAL RETREAT – 3520 Acre conservation area as your backyard
If you’re looking for a private and secluded country getaway, look no further.
This property isn’t exactly “easy” to access, but that’s the whole point of a rural countryside retreat.
It’s accessible off of Tower Road, and down a private, gated road. This road is only suitable for 4-wheel or off-road safe vehicles – meaning that there’s virtually never anyone (aside from neighbors) around.
This lot has a small, unfinished hunting shed on on a partially cleared portion of the property. While it is definitely in need of some attention and updating, but the structure can provide an excellent starting point for a small cabin. The hunting shed does not have utilities.
If you’re into hunting, this lot is about to get a lot more attractive… it backs directly up onto Daniel Boone Conservation Area, which is 3,520 acres of public hunting, camping and recreation land defined by its deep valleys, woodlands, savannas, glades, and rugged wooded hills. It includes the well-known Razor Hollow Natural Area, and is known for exceptional hunting (deer, turkey, squirrel); fishing (black bass, catfish, sunfish); bird-watching; trails (horseback, biking, hunting); and camping (designated camping sites).
To top it off, Little Lost Creek Conservation Area is just a 20 minute drive away. This 2,899 acre area surrounds a spring-fed Ozark stream with clear water and amazing fishing (bleeding shiners, southern red belly dace, stippled darters). It’s characterized by its beautiful waterfalls, chutes, and outcrops of St. Peter sandstone. It provides a great alternative location to hunt, camp, and hike.
This parcel is located in Bridgeport, within Warren County, MO.
This lot is under 30 minutes from Warrenton, MO which has all the amenities that you could hope to access – including a WalMart, Walgreens, hardware/lumber store, Doctors, and numerous shops/restaurants. The town of Hermann, which also has many amenities, is just a 12 minute drive away.
Additionally, it’s just 90 minutes from downtown St Louis, 90 minutes from downtown Columbia MO, 1 hour from central Jefferson City… Close enough that even a day-trip is easily justifiable if you can’t get away for the whole weekend.
- Address: Because this is a vacant lot, there is no physical address to the property. You will navigate to it using GPS coordinates (see below for viewing instructions)
- Lot size: 4.78 Acres
- APN: The Assessor Parcel Numbers is 08-07.0-0-00-028.002.000
- Legal Description: SEC/TWN/RNG/MER:SEC 07 TWN 46 RNG 04 SEC 7 TWP 46 N R 4 W PT SW SE
- All property owners in Warren County are entitled to hunting tags from the Missouri Department of Conservation.
- Annual Taxes in 2019: $74.77
- There is no HOA or CC+Rs – NO restrictions – Do what you want with your property.
- GPS coordinates of the corner where the property starts 38°45’37.57″N, 91°24’14.94″W
- Zoning: Agricultural
- Septic System required. This lot is not on public sewer.
- Electric: This area is serviced by Ameren, however there is not power in the immediate area. Therefore costs for setting power up on the lot will vary depending on your plans for it, so it is best for you to contact them directly to speak about that in detail. They can be reached at 1-800-552-7583. Solar energy is probably a cheaper and easier option for this lot.
- Water: You will need to install a well or holding tank; this lot is not on public water.
- Depending on your plans for the lot, you’ll want to refer to the Warren County Building Department (e.g. permits, construction questions) and/or the Planning/Development Department. If you have specific questions about your plans for the lot, please contact these departments – it’s much easier and more efficient for you to have these conversations with them directly.
- See below for a detailed video about the property and surrounding area.
As we mentioned above, this property is located off of Tower Road and down a private, gated road. For the purpose of viewings and out of respect for our neighbors, please do not attempt to drive down the private road. Instead, please park on Tower Road, and walk the 500 +/- yards in to the property.
This is a VACANT lot, therefore there is no physical address. You will be navigating to the property using GPS coordinates.
You can CLICK HERE to open a GoogleMaps link with 2 destinations: the gate at Tower Road where you enter the private road, and the coordinates of the property itself. When you open this link, simply click “directions”, and enter your starting point. GoogleMaps will direct you to the lot.
In order to walk the property lines and gain an understanding of the property boundaries, we highly suggest that you download the app OnX Maps. You’ll enter the APN #, and the app will use your phone’s GPS to show you the property boundaries so you can walk them in real-time. Because the lot is wooded, it will be difficult to find and walk the property lines without using this app.
OnX Maps has a 7 day free trial, so you can download the app before you head out, and use it for free. Just make sure you delete it before the trial period ends, or you’ll be charged.
Please download both the directions and the OnX Map BEFORE you head out to the property, as cell phone service can be spotty, and if you’re relying on signal, you may lose your directions.
You can go view the property at your convenience. Seller does not need to accompany. However, please call us to let us know you’ll be heading there so we can help with directions or any other questions when you are viewing the lot.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP?
We are often asked why our properties are priced below market value, and the answer is very simple: we choose to sell to you at wholesale prices.
We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and discounted rates, and we strongly believe in passing this discount on to our buyers.
It is our hope that by providing excellent service to our buyers along with our unbeatable prices, our clients and buyers will spread the word, refer other buyers to us, and want to do business with us again in the future!
We conduct thorough due diligence on our properties, and all of our transactions are closed by licensed and insured local Title Companies, and the titles are insurable by nationally recognized Title Insurance Companies.
While we make every effort to provide our buyers with all of the information we can find on the lot, we encourage you to do your own due diligence and double check anything that is of upmost importance to you.