Cheap Land in Louisiana near Lafayette
Build your next home at this trouble-free spot along a paved street, just 8 minutes north of downtown Breaux Bridge.
- Paved Street Access
- No Deed Restrictions or HOA
- Surveyed, Flat & Buildable
- Only 8 mins from Breaux Bridge & Walmart
PROPERTY: These freshly surveyed 4.98 acres are platted on cleared, flat farmland, providing a trouble-free platform for your next home. Only approximately 0.84 acres at the lot’s NW corner lie within the 100-year floodplain – with the remaining 4+ acres classified as Zone X (reduced risk of flood due to levee) – so you can rest assured that your new investment will be very safe. Located on Jeffery Broussard Road, with easy access via a driveway easement through Lot 2, this property offers the convenience of a paved public road lined with power. The flexible R-2 Mixed Residential zoning allows for a wide variety of homes and other uses, including mobiles, modulars, and duplexes, providing you with tremendous freedom. When you’re ready to venture outside your confines, scenic retreats await nearby, with Acadiana Park Nature Station 17 minutes to the southwest, a 150-acre tranquil oasis offering hiking, camping and boating opportunities within a natural wooded landscape, or head 18 minutes south to explore the swamps of Cajun Country in Lake Martin, featuring an abundance of wildlife like alligators, herons, owls, egrets and more among huge moss-draped cypress trees. All your essential shopping needs are satisfied only 8 minutes away in Breaux Bridge, which offers a Walmart, several grocery stores, local eateries, fast food options, and medical centers. Want more? Just 10 minutes farther is Lafayette, one of Louisiana’s most vibrant cities. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity at an unbeatable Acretown price – let your imagination run wild, and let this property become the foundation of your next dream!
The best and most updated source of information on this property will always be at https://www.acretown.com/stmartin8-1
This is one of four offerings in this subdivision:
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Owner Financing Market!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then Overlays.
- ADDRESS (street # estimated – use GPS for navigation): 1067A Jeffery Broussard Rd, Breaux Bridge LA 70517
- Lot 1 = 4.98 acres
- Lot 2 = 1.16 acres
- Lot 3 = 1.16 acres
- Lot 4 = 1.16 acres
- GPS COORDINATES:
- Lot 1 = 30.320764, -91.890189
- Lot 2 = 30.320400, -91.890047
- Lot 3 = 30.319990, -91.889847
- Lot 4 = 30.319581, -91.889644
- APN (parent tract): 05002B2243
- LEGAL DESCRIPTION (parent tract): 8.47 AC: PLOT #A# PER PLAT OF SURVEY #174915COB: 736-218-174915 1636-223-462244 1642-090-464439 1735-552-498508 1760-297-508984 1806-588-527444 1806-590-527445 1807-089-527575
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here
- GOOGLE EARTH BOUNDARY (KML) FILE: Lot 1 Lot 2 Lot 3 Lot 4
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- DIMENSIONS (approximate):
- Lot 1 = starting at NE corner, 693′ south x 315′ west x 693′ north x 315′ east to POB
- Lot 2 = starting at NE corner, 162′ south x 315′ west x 162′ north x 315′ east to POB
- Lot 3 = starting at NE corner, 162′ south x 315′ west x 162′ north x 315′ east to POB
- Lot 4 = starting at NE corner, 162′ south x 315′ west x 162′ north x 315′ east to POB
- Lot 1 = Zone X (reduced flood risk due to levee) + approx. 0.84 acres at NW corner inside 100-year floodplain
- Lot 2 = Zone X (reduced flood risk due to levee)
- Lot 3 = Zone X (reduced flood risk due to levee)
- Lot 4 = Zone X (reduced flood risk due to levee)
- ELEVATION: 24 feet
- TERRAIN: flat
- CONDITION: undeveloped, cleared farmland
- Lot 1 = driveway access easement through Lot 2 to Jeffery Broussard Rd, a paved public road
- Lot 2 = 162 feet of frontage on Jeffery Broussard Rd, a paved public road
- Lot 3 = 162 feet of frontage on Jeffery Broussard Rd, a paved public road
- Lot 4 = 162 feet of frontage on Jeffery Broussard Rd, a paved public road
- POWER: available at street
- WATER: well would need to be installed
- WASTEWATER: septic would need to be installed
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $24.88 paid in 2022 for entire 8.47 acres
- HOA: none
- DEED RESTRICTIONS: none
- ZONING: R-2 – Mixed Residential (summarized below; see full doc here)
- one single family home per lot
- mobile homes OK
- duplexes OK
- setbacks: front = 25 feet, side = 20% of lot width, rear = 20% of lot depth
- one single family home per lot
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Teche (Elementary) – Cecilia (Middle School) – Cecilia (High School)
- NEAREST CITIES: Breaux Bridge < Lafayette
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Lafayette Regional (22 mins), Louis Armstrong New Orleans International (1 hr 49 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can (1) confirm its availability (our land does sell fast), and (2) ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS coordinates 30.320764, -91.890189.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here: Lot 1 Lot 2 Lot 3 Lot 4
- You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizontal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Scenic retreats await, with Acadiana Park Nature Station 17 minutes to the southwest, a 150-acre tranquil oasis offering hiking, camping and boating opportunities within a natural wooded landscape, or head 18 minutes south to explore the swamps of Cajun Country in Lake Martin, featuring an abundance of wildlife like alligators, herons, owls, egrets and more among huge moss-draped cypress trees. When the Gulf of Mexico beckons, Cypremort Point State Park is just over an hour to the south, home to a man-made beach offering opportunities for picnicking, water sports, wildlife viewing and observing stunning sunsets over the Vermilion Bay. 8 minutes to the southwest is the city of Breaux Bridge, hosting a Walmart, several grocery stores, local eateries, fast food chains and medical centers, but if you’re looking for all the big box stores, you can find them in Lafayette, just 15 minutes ahead.
NEARBY – Acadiana Park Nature Station (17 minutes), Cypress Island Preserve (22 minutes), Cajun Country Swamp Tours (18 minutes), Vermilionville Historic Village (21 minutes), Atchafalaya National Wildlife Refuge (43 minutes), Lake Fausse Pointe State Park (41 minutes), Zoosiana (34 minutes), Cypremort Point State Park (1 h 17 minutes), Chicot State Park (1 hour), Palmetto Island State Park (1 h 13 minutes), Milford Wampold Memorial Park (1 hour), Parc des Ponts Breaux Teche Boat Ramp (11 minutes), Farm d’ Allie Golf Club (17 minutes).
- RETAIL – Walmart, B&S Minit-Mart, Rees Street Market, Super 1 Foods, Piggly Wiggly, Cato Fashions, Dollar General, Home Furniture Plus Bedding, and many more.
- RESTAURANTS – Buck & Johnny’s: Eclectic Italian with a Cajun Flair, Myran’s Maison De Manger, Le Cafe, Jeaux Biffs, Chicken On The Bayou & Boudin Shop, Wendy’s, McDonald’s, and more.
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, Physician Group of Acadiana, Henderson Family Medicine, Sunshine Pediatric and Family Clinic, Fast Pace Health Urgent Care, Cardiovascular Institute of the South, Hebert’s Pharmacy, Walgreens.
- RECREATIONAL – Acadiana Park Nature Station, Parc Hardy, Bayou Teche Experience, Cajun Fast Track, Cajun Country Swamp Tours, Louisiana Swamp Tours, Parc des Ponts Breaux Teche Boat Ramp, Farm d’ Allie Golf Club.
OWNER FINANCING: We’re making it easy for you! We’re financing these lots for 20% down ($21,980) over a 10-year term at 11.5% fixed rate interest, which equals a monthly payment of $1236.12 + $25 monthly service fee = $1261.12 per month. If you’re looking for a shorter term, please contact us. These lots are being offered as a standard land contract, where ownership is transferred and recorded upon final payment.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.