YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
Cheap Land near Dayton, Nevada in Gold Canyon Gorge
This vacant lot lies just 10 minutes north of Dayton inside the historic and picturesque Gold Canyon gorge in northern Nevada, and directly fronts the main highway in downtown Silver City, a small residential community steeped in mining history. Gold Creek meanders north-south down the center of the property, leaving plenty of build space on the east half of the lot.
- No Deed Restrictions
- Beautiful & Historic Mountain Setting
- Seasonal Creek (“Gold Creek”) on-site
- Extensive Direct Road Frontage
- Priced about 45% Below Market
- Just 10 minutes from Dayton & shopping
- Power & Water Available
PROPERTY: This 0.58 acre lot is mostly clear, dotted with sagebrush and featuring the cedar-lined Gold Creek, that runs on an approximate north-south line through the center of the property. A graded driveway, which is also accessible by the neighbor to the north, runs through the east half of this lot and leaves plenty of space on both sides for development. That driveway connects to Hwy 342, a paved public road which fronts this lot for 150 feet. The east half of the lot is generally flat, accessible to power & municipal water, and there are no structures on site (except for an old VW bug . . . inoperable but still a classic!) so the whole package is very ready for your development. Silver City was once a bustling Wild West mining town — site of the Comstock Lode’s first silver mill — but it’s now a tiny residential community of about 170 folks. The nearest grocery store is Smith’s and it’s just over a 10 minute drive down the same winding, picturesque canyon highway that fronts this property. When it’s time to hit the road on a weekend trip, pass by Dayton State Park, a quiet little area to take the family for a picnic or an overnight camping trip. Here, you have plenty of restaurants and retail options. Drive about 10 minutes further to Nevada’s capital of Carson City on the next day to experience more wonders. The historic downtown shopping district is a treasure trove for the antique lover and selective shopper searching outside box stores. Never fear though, Walmart is here too. If you love something more outdoor, you can head straight to Washoe Lake State Park, offering scenic mountain views on 8,053-acre preserve offering boating, hiking, camping & other activities; or a little farther to big and beautiful Lake Tahoe!
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then Overlays.
- SIZE: 0.58 acres
- ADDRESS (street # estimated – use GPS for navigation): 95 Main Street, Dayton, NV 89403
- GPS COORDINATES: 39.265459, -119.642479
- APN: 008-018-03
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: Lots 3,5,6,7,8 of Section 8, Block 4, Silver City, Nevada
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- MINERAL RIGHTS: not transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): starting at NE corner, 150′ south x 203′ west x 100′ north x 103′ east x 50′ north x 100′ east to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: 0.09 acres in the back half of the property (behind the creek)
- ELEVATION: 5101 feet
- TERRAIN: gentle slope
- CONDITION: undeveloped, mostly clear
- ACCESS: 150 feet of direct frontage on Hwy 342, a paved public road
- POWER: available along road from NV Energy (775) 834-4444
- WATER: available along road from Storey County Water District (775) 847-0958
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed and this lot meets the minimum lot size requirement of a quarter acre)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $153.54 in 2021
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: CC Commercial (front half) & NR Neighborhood Residential (back half)
- re-zoning is common
- download map and details here
- HOA: none
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Dayton (Elementary) – Dayton (Middle School) – Dayton (High School)
- NEAREST CITIES: Dayton < Carson City < Reno
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Dayton Airpark (15 mins), Reno-Tahoe International (45 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 39.265459,-119.642479.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
The nearest grocery store is Smith’s and it’s just over a 10 minute drive down the same winding, picturesque canyon highway that fronts this property. When it’s time to hit the road on a weekend trip, pass by Dayton State Park, a quiet little area to take the family for a picnic or an overnight camping trip. Here, you have plenty of restaurants and retail options. Drive about 10 minutes further to Nevada’s capital of Carson City on the next day to experience more wonders. The historic downtown shopping district is a treasure trove for the antique lover and selective shopper searching outside box stores. Never fear though, Walmart is here too. If you love something more outdoor, you can head straight to Washoe Lake State Park, offering scenic mountain views on 8,053-acre preserve offering boating, hiking, camping & other activities; or a little farther to big and beautiful Lake Tahoe!
NEARBY – Eagle Valley Golf Course (12 mins), Washoe Lake State Park (24 mins), Sandy Beaches (32 mins), Carson River Park (17 mins), ICave Rock – Lake Tahoe Nevada State Park (36 mins), Diamond Peak Ski Resort (51 mins), Lake Tahoe (36 mins)
- RETAIL – Smith’s Food and Drug, Dayton Valley Corner Store, many others
- RESTAURANTS – Roadrunner Cafe, Pizza Factory, Dayton Taphouse, many others
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, Carson Tahoe Dayton Medical Center
- RECREATIONAL – Silver City Community Center, River Vista Fitness
- RETAIL – Walmart, The Home Depot, Lowe’s, Grocery Outlet, Lifestream Health Foods, FoodMaxx, WEDCO inc, many others
- RESTAURANTS – Dickey’s Barbecue Pit, Z Bistro, Los Garcias Mexican Restaurant, Pho Country, La Capital Cafe and Grill, many others
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, pediatrician, dentists, animal/veterinary hospital
- RECREATIONAL – Carson River, Carson Aquatic Facility, Empire Ranch Golf Course and Event Venue, MAC Multi-Purpose Athletic Center Facility
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.