Cheap Land in North Carolina near Rutherfordton
On the footsteps of the Blue Ridge mountains and just 13 minutes north of Rutherfordton, build your dream home in the nice, safe community of Hearthstone Ridge.
- Creek thru Property
- Nice, Safe Community
- Paved Road Frontage
- Priced about 38% Below Market
- Power Available Along Road
- Buildable, No Floodplain
- Only 40 mins from Chimney Rock State Park
PROPERTY: Welcome to Hearthstone Ridge, a beautiful and safe mountain community in the sunset shadow of the Blue Ridge mountains. This large, wooded 2.62 acre lot offers a perfect site for your next home. With 133 feet of direct frontage on Hearthstone Drive, a paved, year-round, private road that is lined with power. Take advantage of the mild slope and no floodplain by building in the front half of the property to overlook the peaceful creek meadow in back, and get all this for a low property tax bill – less than $100 last year! The iconic Chimney Rock State Park, where much of the movie “Last of the Mohicans” was filmed, probably offers the most dramatic mountain scenery in the state and it’s only a 40 minute drive down Hwy 74. The gentle beauty of Lake James State Park, only 36 mins away, awaits you with 22 miles of hiking trails, 14 miles of biking, paddling, swimming at Paddy’s Creek, fishing, camping, boat rentals, and more. The nearest big box shopping (including a Walmart and Lowe’s) is in Rutherfordton, 13 minutes south, and it’s also home to the popular, creek-and-waterfall lined Purple Martin Greenway Trail. Looking for the full array of shopping, dining, and city action? Asheville is less than an hour to the west. Come see all this property has to offer today at an unbeatably low Acretown price!
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then Overlays.
- SIZE: 2.62 acres
- ADDRESS (street # estimated – use GPS for navigation): 259 Hearthstone Drive, Union Mills NC 28167
- GPS COORDINATES: 35.458889, -81.946444
- APN: 1643806
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: HEARTHSTONE RIDGE PHASE 1 LOT 11 PLAT BOOK 28 PG 83
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- MINERAL RIGHTS: any mineral rights we own will convey to buyer – possible severance of mineral rights by a previous owner
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): starting at NW corner, 133′ E (along road) x 362′ SE x 258′ S x 226′ W x 464′ NW to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: none
- ELEVATION: 1042 feet
- TERRAIN: slight slope in front (near road), moderate-heavy slope in back (behind spring/creek)
- CONDITION: undeveloped, wooded
- ACCESS: 133 feet of direct frontage on Hearthstone Drive, a private paved road
- POWER: available
- WATER: none (well would need to be installed)
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $97.05 in 2021
- HOA: Hearthstone Ridge (website)
- HOA FEES: $435 per year
- RESTRICTIONS: download full rules here (summarized below)
- 1200 sf minimum home size
- modular homes w/all wood framing allowed
- setbacks: 35′ from street, 20′ from sides and rear, 35′ from creek
- no mobile homes
- no camping
- no farm animals
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Mt. Vernon-Ruth (Elementary) – R-S (Middle School) – R-S Central (High School)
- NEAREST CITIES: Union Mills < Rutherfordton < Asheville
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Rutherford County (8 mins), Charlotte International (1 hr 25 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- Assessor (828) 287-6219
- Treasurer (828) 287-6000
- Register of Deeds (828) 287-6155
- Planning & Zoning (828) 288-4501
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. IMPORTANT: you need a gate code to enter so call or text Scott for that code. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 35.458889, -81.946444.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizontal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
The iconic Chimney Rock State Park, where much of the movie “Last of the Mohicans” was filmed, probably offers the most dramatic mountain scenery in the state and it’s only a 40 minute drive down Hwy 74. The gentle beauty of Lake James State Park, only 36 mins away, awaits you with 22 miles of hiking trails, 14 miles of biking, paddling, swimming at Paddy’s Creek, fishing, camping, boat rentals, and more. The nearest big box shopping (including a Walmart and Lowe’s) is in Rutherfordton, 13 minutes south, and it’s also home to the popular, creek-and-waterfall lined Purple Martin Greenway Trail. Looking for the full array of shopping, dining, and city action? Asheville is less than an hour to the west.
NEARBY – Kiwanis Park (13 mins), Charles R. Summey Park (18 min), James F. Crowe Park (21 mins)
UNION MILLS (7 mins, nearest grocery store – Dollar General)
RUTHERFORDTON (13 mins, nearest Walmart)
- RETAIL – Walmart, Lowe’s, Staples, Tractor Supply Co, Harbor Freight, Food Lion, Walgreens
- RESTAURANTS – McDonald’s, Hardee’s, KFC, Shake Shop, and many others
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, Rutherford Hospital, CVS Pharmacy
- RECREATIONAL – Rutherfordton Trails, Ruff’ton Roots Community Garden, Purple Martin Greenway Trail, Kiwanis Park
ASHEVILLE (53 mins, nearest large city)
CHARLOTTE (1 hr 30 mins, nearest major metro)
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.