NOTE: The #1 backup slot has been reserved, so the #2 backup slot is the next available.
Cheap Land in Tennessee over the Tennessee River
Dogwood Shores, just 17 minutes southeast of Kingston, is a high-end, non-HOA neighborhood surrounded on three sides by the Tennessee River, and this elevated lot within this peaceful enclave will provide beautiful views of the river valley from the second floor of your home!
- Great Neighborhood but No HOA!
- Just 4 minutes to Public Boat Ramp
- Elevated Lot Allows Beautiful River Valley Views
- Priced about 18% Below Market
- Paved Road Frontage
- All Utilities Available
PROPERTY: Welcome to Dogwood Shores, where nature meets opportunity! This remarkable 2.91 acre homesite is nestled in the heart of an idyllic residential neighborhood, enveloped on three sides by the breathtaking beauty of the Tennessee River. But here’s the cherry on top – say goodbye to HOA fees! That’s right – indulge in the tranquil ambiance of a riverside setting without worrying about HOA restrictions. Imagine the convenience of only a 4-minute drive to public river access on Texas Lane, where endless adventures on the water await you. Picture yourself basking in the warm sun, feeling the gentle caress of the river breeze on your skin, and making memories that will last a lifetime. How nice does that sound? Situated in a wooded landscape, this lot offers both privacy and convenience. A septic tank has already been installed, and with public water and power available along the paved road frontage on Little Dogwood Valley Road, you’ll have all the necessities at your fingertips. If you prefer the taste of fresh, natural water, you can also tap into the well house located right on-site. But let’s talk about your dream home. With the dissolved HOA, the only limit is your imagination. Release your creativity and design a home that perfectly reflects your unique vision. And the best part? The gentle slope near the high elevation point of the neighborhood provides the ideal foundation for a two-story home that will offer stunning panoramic views of the river valley below. Imagine waking up to those views every morning! For added convenience, there’s undeveloped Dennis Drive, which forms the southern boundary of the lot, offering easy access to all points of the property. Whether you’re looking to relax, explore, indulge in outdoor activities, or simply revel in the beauty of nature, this home site has it all. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to build your dream home in this picturesque Dogwood Shores neighborhood, all at an unbeatable Acretown price!
The best and most updated source of information on this property will always be at https://www.acretown.com/roane
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then Overlays.
- ADDRESS: 697 Dennis Drive, Kingston TN 37763
- SIZE: 2.91 acres
- GPS COORDINATES: 35.771685, -84.433898
- APN: 100P-A-020.00 + 100P-A-017.00
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: Lots 37, 39, 41, and 49, Block E, Sheet 3, Dogwood Shores – Unit 4, Plat Book 7, Page 104
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here (get County’s boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- MINERAL RIGHTS: any mineral rights we own will convey to buyer (we have no knowledge of severance of mineral rights by a previous owner)
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): starting at SW corner, 268′ N (along Little Dogwood Valley Rd) x 416′ E x 258′ S x 471′ W (along Dennis Drive) to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: only affects approx. 0.11 acres at north boundary line, no wetlands
- ELEVATION: 904 feet
- TERRAIN: gentle slope
- CONDITION: undeveloped, wooded
- ACCESS: 268 feet of direct frontage on Little Dogwood Valley Rd (paved road) + 471 feet of direct frontage on Dennis Drive (undeveloped)
- POWER: available along road frontage
- WATER: public water available along road frontage + well house on-site
- WASTEWATER: septic system has been installed (only 10 years old but condition not verified)
- TAXES: $168.00 in 2022
- HOA: none (previously dissolved)
- HOA FEES: none
- RESTRICTIONS: Dogwood Shores HOA has been dissolved and its rules most likely no longer apply since there is no entity to enforce them. Regardless, you may view those rules here.
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Kingston (Elementary) – Cherokee (Middle School) – Roane County (High School)
- NEAREST CITIES: Kingston < Knoxville
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Knoxville McGhee Tyson International (38 miles)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can (1) confirm its availability (our land does sell fast), and (2) ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS coordinates 35.771685, -84.433898.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizontal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Discover your own style of adventure, with access to Tennessee river just 18 minutes to the northwest, offering camping, hiking, bird watching, kayaking, boating, fishing, hunting and biking opportunities. Or head 48 minutes southeast toward Fort Loudoun State Historic Park, featuring one of the earliest British fortifications on the western frontier on the banks of Tellico lake and overlooking the Appalachian mountains. 17 minutes to the north lies the city of Kingston, featuring grocery stores, local eateries, fast food chains and medical clinics, while the nearest Walmart is in Lenoir City, 24 minutes to the northeast. If you need the full array of shopping options, urban excitement, or to cheer on one of the premier programs in college sports, the city of Knoxville, home of the Tennessee Volunteers, is just a half hour farther up.
NEARBY – Tennessee river Buck Creek Rd Boat Ramp (18 minutes), Fort Southwest Point (24 minutes), Paint Rock Wildlife Management Area (39 minutes), Roane County Park (29 minutes), Kingston City Park (24 minutes), Fort Loudoun State Historic Park (48 minutes), Frozen Head State Park (54 minutes), The Lost Sea Adventure (41 minutes), Tennessee National Golf Club (27 minutes).
- RETAIL – KenJo Markets, Food City, Rocky Top Markets, Everly Blu, Dollar General, Kingston Ace Hardware, and more.
- RESTAURANTS – Maple Creek Bistro, Don Eduardos Mexican Grill, Smokehouse Bar & Grill, Hardee’s, Taco Bell, McDonald’s, and more.
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, Kingston Health Associates, Summit Medical Group.
- RECREATIONAL – Fort Southwest Point, Kingston City Park, Kingston Boat Ramp, Lakeside Golf Course.
- RETAIL – Walmart, Food City, Ingles Markets, ALDI, Dollar General, Big Lots, Wilburn True Value Hardware, and more.
- RESTAURANTS – Chili’s Grill & Bar, Calhoun’s, Aubrey’s Lenoir City, Cinco Amigos, Joe’s Italian Cuisine, Sonic Drive-In, McDonald’s, and more.
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, UT Internal Medicine Lenoir City, Fort Loudoun Primary Care Walk-In Clinic, Vistara Pharmacy, CVS.
- RECREATIONAL – Lenoir City Park, Lenoir City Museum & Cotton, Yarberry Campground, Lenoir City Park Boat Ramp, Avalon Country Club.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
Rural 1st is America’s leading land lender for rural properties and they require as little as 15% down on a 10 or 15-year fixed land loan, with no PMI, and they prefer a credit score of 720 or better. Please contact Michael Wirth by phone or email at (502) 553-8152 or email@example.com. They do serve Tennessee.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.