YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
Cheap Land in South Carolina near Columbia
Just outside the city limits of Columbia within the Highland Forest subdivision lies this buildable residential lot with all utilities available.
- Multiple Road Access Points
- All Utilities Available
- Very Buildable, Minimal Floodplain Encroachment
- Priced Well Below Market
- Peaceful Highland Forest subdivision
PROPERTY: This 8.68 acre wooded lot runs along the north side of the well-established Highland Forest subdivison and features three access points from three different roads within that subdivision — along a cul-de-sac on Caleb Court, another cul-de-sac on Aaron Drive, and then a road-width section of North Highland Forest drive. There are no structures on site, but all utilities are available so the whole package is very ready for your residential development, including mobile homes. The lot is somewhat flat towards the roads before sloping downward to north edge of the property where a floodplain enroaches on a sliver of the site. Despite being located within a well-respected neighborhood with access to utilities, you have no HOA dues. Downtown Columbia is less than 15 mintues away and it’s one of the great college towns of the South, offering Gamecocks sports for every season and about every big box retailer you can imagine. Within 10 minutes of the property are hot recreational spots like Drew Brees’ Surge Adventure Park, but plenty of everyday shopping options too, like Piggly Wiggly, Home Depot, and Family Dollar. When you’re ready for natural adventure, take the half-hour drive to beautiful and bountiful Lake Murray — the “Jewel of South Carolina” and the regions’s most popular outdoor adventure spot.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- SIZE: 8.68 acres
- ADDRESS (street # estimated): 740 N Highlands Forest Dr, Columbia SC 29203
- GPS COORDINATES: 34.095550, -81.008498
- APN: 11916-01-03
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: RESERVED #SU HIGHLAND FOREST #PR X-2809 (Block F, Lot 21)
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: see County parcel map here (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- full Highland Forest Subdivision plat available from Richland County Register of Deeds – Plat Book X, Page 2890
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- MINERAL RIGHTS: transferred with property
- FLOODPLAIN: affects some of the back part of the lot (approx. 1.07 acres)
- ELEVATION: 278 feet
- TERRAIN: rolling
- CONDITION: undeveloped, wooded
- ACCESS: via cul-de-sac on Caleb Court, via cul-de-sac on Aaron Drive, and 25 feet on N Highlands Forest Drive
- POWER: available
- WATER: available
- WASTEWATER: available
- TAXES: $116.78 in 2021
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: RS-MD (Residential – Medium Density), download full zoning doc here
- single-family homes
- mobile homes allowed if complies with Article VI of county’s Supplemental Use Standards (see page 38 of zoning doc above)
- some commercial uses allowed
- no livestock
- HOA: Highland Forest subdivision (no monthly dues)
- CELL COVERAGE: 5G available thru T-Mobile, 4G thru AT&T and Verizon (according to Signal Checker here)
- NEAREST CITY: Columbia
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Columbia Metropolitan (22 mins), Charlotte Douglas International (1 hr 20 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 34.095550, -81.008498.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Downtown Columbia is less than 15 mintues away and it’s one of the great college towns of the South, offering Gamecocks sports for every season and about every big box retailer you can imagine. Within 10 minutes of the property are hot recreational spots like Drew Brees’ Surge Adventure Park, but plenty of everyday shopping options too, like Piggly Wiggly, Home Depot, and Family Dollar. When you’re ready for natural adventure, take the half-hour drive to beautiful and bountiful Lake Murray — the “Jewel of South Carolina” and the regions’s most popular outdoor adventure spot.
NEIGHBORHOOD (within 10 minutes)
- RETAIL – Dollar General, Piggly Wiggly, Family Dollar, Columbia Place Mall (Bath & Body Works, Foot Locker, others), Lowe’s, Home Depot, Harbor Freight, many others
- RESTAURANTS – Red Rooster Sports Bar, Pizza Hut, Longhorn Steakhouse, McDonald’s, China Garden, Cracker Barrel, Big Boys Smokehouse, Sonic, Wendy’s, Hardee’s, many others
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, Columbia Regional
- RECREATIONAL – Oak Hills Golf Club, Drew Brees’ Surge Adventure Park, Spur at Northwoods Golf Club, Meadowlake Park
- RETAIL – almost every major retailer (Walmart, Costco, Target, Lowe’s, Home Depot, etc) plus boutique districts
- RESTAURANTS – entire spectrum of fast food and fine dining options
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, hospitals, specialists, dentists, animal hospitals
- RECREATIONAL – Lake Murray (30 mins), South Carolina Gamecocks, Riverbanks Zoo, South Carolina State Museum, EdVenture Childrens Museum, Congaree National Park, Three Rivers Greenway, Columbia Fireflies (minor league baseball), Broad River, Sesquicentennial State Park, Columbia Museum of Art
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: We recommend Palmetto Citizens Federal Credit Union in Columbia, phone # 803.732.5000. They require only 20% down and prefer credit scores of 575 or higher. You must first enroll as a member, which requires a $25 savings account deposit.
If you prefer the bank option, First Palmetto Bank, phone # 803.782.7030, was voted one of America’s Best Banks by Newsweek and they offer good deals on land loans as well.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.