YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
Cheap Land in Georgia in the Blue Ridge Mountains
Located atop the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains and the gateway to the Smokies, Ridges of Rabun is a protected mountainside community that offers breathtaking views. Black Rock Mountain State Park is only 7 miles away, as is a vast array of other outdoor adventure opportunities.
- Priced about 18% below market
- Surrounded by Natural Beauty – Trails, Waterfalls, Rivers, Parks
- HOA-protected Community
- Paved Road Access
- Major Retail & Walmart only 10 mins away
- Power & Water Available
- Natural Spring Runs thru Property
- Very Quiet – end of cul-de-sac
PROPERTY: This mountainous 2.71 acre lot inside the HOA-protected Ridges of Rabun community features about 310 feet of direct frontage on paved Green Meadows Drive, and features a natural spring that cascades all the way down the property. There are no structures on site but despite the overall slope of the property, a somewhat flatter pad site does exist towards the front and west side of the property to accomodate a home. Since power and water run along the road frontage, the whole package is very build-ready. The immediate neighborhood is still only lightly built-out and very peaceful. You have a laundry list of natural adventure spots to explore though. Black Rock Mountain State Park, to name just one, is only 15 minutes down the road through Clayton. Clayton is a very quaint mountain town not unlike the other charming and rustic towns along this gap through the Blue Ridge Mountains, garnished with local boutiques, lodges, vineyards, and antique shops. Still, big box retail like Walmart and Home Depot is there when you need it as well. With downtown Atlanta only two hours away, this property places you in that “Goldilocks” zone — close enough to the big city when you need it, but far enough away to enjoy unbridled peace and natural beauty.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to discuss an offer. There’s lots more info – including viewing instructions – below, so make sure to keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- SIZE: 2.71 acres
- POSTAL LOCATION (or PLUS CODE ADDRESS): XJ6P+78P Dillard, Georgia 30537
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot): 34.960701, -83.364162
- APN: 048-141
- LEGAL DESCRIPTION: LOT 41 LL145 LD2
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): starting at NW corner, 501′ east x 425′ southwest x 310′ northwest (along road) x 217′ north to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: none
- ELEVATION: 2400 feet
- TERRAIN: mountainous
- CONDITION: undeveloped, moderately wooded
- ACCESS: about 310 feet of direct frontage on Green Meadows Drive
- POWER: available
- WATER: available
- WASTEWATER: none, septic system would be necessary
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $193.96 in 2020
- HOA: Ridges of Rabun
- $27.50 per month
- managed by Robin @ Empire South Realty Advisors – (855) 209-5166 – email@example.com
- HOA RESTRICTIONS:
- one single-family home per lot
- no mobile homes or trailers (unless during construction)
- animals: dogs only
- minimum home size: 2,000 square feet
- setbacks: 25 feet from the front, 15 feet from the sides and rear
- maximum construction time for exterior: 6 months
- download full rules here
- NEAREST CITIES: Dillard < Clayton < Gainesville, GA
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Athens Ben-Epps (1 hr 30 mins), Atlanta International (2 hours)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- IMPORTANT – GATE CODE REQUIRED: please call or text Scott at 314-639-9777 for the gate code
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 34.960701, -83.364162.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
- RETAIL – Piggly Wiggly, Dollar General, Ace Hardware, Porch & Pillow, antique mall, others
- RESTAURANTS – The Dillard House, Annette’s Cafe, Valley Cafe, The Hush Oyster Bar, Los Arcos, Cupboard Cafe, others
- SERVICES – Mountain Valley Med Center, Rabun County Bank, Post Office
- RECREATIONAL – Becky Branch Falls, Black Rock Mountain State Park, Chattooga Wild & Scenic River, Coleman River Scenic Area, Dick’s Creek Falls, Ellicott Rock Wilderness Area, Holcomb Creek Falls, Popcorn Overlook, Rabun Beach Rec Area, Sandy Bottom Rec Area, Southern Nantahal Wilderness Area, Tallulah Gorge State Park, Tate Branch Rec Area, Warwoman Dell Rec Area, Willis Knob Horse Camp
RABUN COUNTY: Moccassin Creek State Park, Lake Burton, Lake Rabun, Tiger Mountain Vineyards, Foxfire Museum, Rabun Bald, 12 Spies Vineyards, Stonewall Creek Vineyards, Black Rock Mountain Parkway, Seed Lake, Mud Creek Falls, Tallulah Falls Lake, Pinnacle Knob, Oceana Falls, L’Eau d’Or Falls, Ada-Hi Falls Trail, Stonewall Falls & White Twister, Screamer Mountain, Upper Moccasin Creek Falls, Tempesta Falls, Cascade Falls, Estatoah Falls, Addis Gap, Ammons Creek Falls, Beegum Gap, Stonewall Creek Falls, Dick’s Knob, Hemlock Falls, Black Rock Lake Trail, Nacoochee Dam, Oakey Mountain ATV Trails, Blue Ridge Gap, Angel Falls, Sky Valley Overlook, Lookoff Mountain, Glassy Mountain, Double Spring Knob, Timpson Falls, Crow Creek Falls, Lake Toccoa, Stekoa Falls, Tugaloo Lake
- RETAIL – Walmart, Verizon, Home Depot, Dollar Tree, Wander North Georgia, Ingles Market, Pot Shoppe, Walgreens, CVS, Impressed Clothing, many others
- RESTAURANTS – Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Chick-fil-A, Wendy’s, McDonald’s, Waffle House, Zaxby’s, Sunday Diner, Rumor Hazit, Fortify Kitchen & Bar, many others
- SERVICES – Med Center, YourTime Fitness, banks, vet, Post Office
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why our properties are priced below market value, and the answer is really simple: we choose to sell to you at wholesale prices. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and discounted rates, and we strongly believe in passing this discount on to our buyers.
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.