Cheap Land in Florida near Etoniah Creek State Forest
If you draw a triangle between Gainesville and northern Florida’s two major beach cities — Jacksonville and Daytona Beach — this build-ready lot sits almost exactly in the center, and it’s surrounded by natural splendor. George’s Lake, Etoniah Creek State Forest, and Belmore Nature Preserve are all less than 5 minutes away!
- Pre-subdivided into Two Equal Lots
- Cleared and Leveled Home Pads and Driveways ($8K investment)
- Approved Perc Test
- Paved Road Access
- Power Lines along Road Frontage
- Just 4 mins to George’s Lake Boat Ramp & many other parks
- No Floodplain
PROPERTY: This 9.53 acre square-shaped lot is mostly wooded but comes with two different cleared & leveled homepad+driveway sites, and it’s actually subdivided into two 4.75-acre lots to accomodate each of those sites. You could buy the whole 9.53 acres and sell off the indivdidual subdivisions for a nice profit, or just buy one of the two lots and still realize tremendous savings. Overall, it features about 700 feet of frontage on the well paved and maintained Coral Farms Road. There are no structures on site, but power does run along the road frontage and the lot is very flat and dry (no floodplain) with an approved perc test, so the whole package is very ready for your development. It’s ready for just about anything, in fact, because it’s zoned for Agriculture, which imposes very few restrictions. This lake and park-dotted neighborhood is slow paced, lightly populated and very peaceful. When you’re ready to go fishing, the George’s Lake boat ramp is only 4 minutes away, or walk down the road to go hiking in Etoniah Creek State Forest. There’s no denying that you’re firmly planted “in the country” here, but Walmart and all major retail is only 25 minutes away in Palatka. With Jacksonville just an hour down the road, this puts you in that “Goldilocks” zone — close enough to the big city when you need it, but far enough away for the peace, serenity, and natural adventure you crave.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including viewing instructions – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- SIZE: 9.53 acres
- POSTAL ADDRESS: 1263 Coral Farms, Florahome, FL 32140 + 1255 Coral Farms, Florahome, FL 32140
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot): 29.797357, -81.869240
- APN: 14-08-24-0000-0021-0000 (in some databases, also add 14-08-24-0000-0021-0022)
- LEGAL DESCRIPTION: PT OF E1/2 OF SEC OR57 P25 (EX OR676 P1042 OR803 P1120 OR906 P126)
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: none (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): from N corner, 619′ southeast x 700′ southwest (along road) x 608′ northwest x 701′ northeast to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: none
- ELEVATION: 155 feet
- TERRAIN: flat
- CONDITION: cleared & leveled homesite and driveway, remaining is undeveloped & wooded
- ACCESS: 700 feet of direct frontage on Coral Farms Rd (paved) with access via two different graded driveways
- POWER: available (details coming soon)
- WATER: well would be necessary
- WASTEWATER: none (perc test-approved – download here)
- CELL COVERAGE: 5G w/TMobile, 4G w/Verizon & AT&T (according to Signal Checker here)
- TAXES: $634.64 in 2020
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: Agriculture
- least-restrictive zoning in the county (see full document here)
- mobile homes are allowed
- livestock is allowed
- campgrounds are allowed with permit
- HOA: none
- NEAREST CITIES: Florahome < Palatka < Jacksonville < Daytona Beach
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Jacksonville International (1 hour 15 mins), Daytona Beach International (1 hours 30 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 29.797357, -81.869240.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
PUTNAM COUNTY: Florida Trail, Ravine Gardens State Park, Ocklawaha River, Dunns Creek State Park, Etoniah Creek State Forest, Welaka State Forest, Rice Creek Conservation Area, Riverfront Park, Lake Broward, George’s Lake, Belmore Wildlife Management Area
FLORAHOME (7 minutes, nearest grocery store)
- RETAIL: Dollar General, Circle K, The Book Garden
- SERVICES – Post Office, four churches
- RECREATIONAL – Florahome Trail Head
- RETAIL – Walmart, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Harbor Freight, Tractor Supply Co, Publix, CVS, Walgreens, O’Reilly Auto Parts, Marshalls, Petsense, Aaron’s, Staples, Big Lots, many others
- RESTAURANTS – Dairy Queen, McDonald’s, Dunkin Donuts, Wendy’s, Dominos, Zaxby’s, Sonic, Sonny’s BBQ, Woody’s BBQ, KFC, Hungry Howie’s, Popeyes, Huddle House, Pizza Hut, Chili’s, Burger King, Hardee’s, Corky Bell’s Seafood @ Gator Landing, many others
- SERVICES – Putnam Hospital, Paltaka Municipal Airport, vet, many banks
- RECREATIONAL – Ravine Gardens State Park, Palatka Golf Course, Riverfront Park, St. Johns River, Horseshoe Point, Putnam County Speedway
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Capital City Bank in nearby Palatka offers good deals on land loans, and you’ll want to speak with Dameon Church, (386) 643-6360, firstname.lastname@example.org. They typically ask for 25% down, 1% origination fee, $200 doc prep fee, and best current interest rates are 5.15% for a 3-year loan. They encourage credit scores of at least 630 but will work with lower scores at higher interest rates. Maximum debt-to-income ratio is 45%.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.