YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
Cheap Land in Kentucky near Somerset
Only 15 minutes from Somerset, one of Kentucky’s finest and most charming small cities, this UNRESTRICTED property in the Appalachian foothills offers multiple ridge top building opportunities off Cannonball Road, a paved, public road.
- No Restrictions
- Paved Road Frontage
- Priced about 42% Below Market
- Power Available
- Multiple, Buildable Ridge Top Spots
- Graded Driveway
- Abundant Wildlife & Beautiful Foothills
PROPERTY: This 26.2 acre lot is moderately wooded and it features about 2256 feet of direct frontage on Cannonball Road, a paved public road. A dirt driveway has been carved from the road and follows the ridgetops towards the back of the property. It runs through one relatively large flat spot back there, perfect for building. You could also choose to build in a couple other places along the road. With power running along road, and NO RESTRICTIONS to limit your ideas, build whatever you like! These rolling hills offer more than just a place to live though. With abundant deer and other wildlife romping through this distinctly Appalachian terrain, this makes for a great hunting and recreation tract as well. Downtown Somerset is only about a 15 minute drive west and offers major restaurants, big bix retail like Walmart and Lowe’s, and a wide spectrum of local shops. Cool down at Somersplash Water Park, boasting body slides, large tube slides, a massive wave pool, and more. General Burnside Island State Park, less than a half hour away, is a a popular stomping grounds for outdoor enthusiasts. Its wonderfully forested trails showcase some of Kentucky’s most beautiful lakes.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then Overlays.
- SIZE: 26.2 acres
- ADDRESS (street # estimated): 2624 Cannonball Rd, Somerset KY 42501
- GPS COORDINATES: 37.125443, -84.484773
- APN: 104-0-0-08.2
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: none (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- COUNTY GIS: here
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- MINERAL & TIMBER RIGHTS: yes, transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): irregular
- FLOODPLAIN: none, no wetlands
- ELEVATION: 1295 feet
- TERRAIN: hilly
- CONDITION: undeveloped, wooded, road carved along ridge
- ACCESS: approximately 2256 feet of direct frontage on Cannonball Rd, a paved public road
- POWER: available
- WATER: none (well would need to be installed)
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $345.00 in 2021 (based on previously pro-rated tax of $13.17 per acre. That calculation was made with a house in the equation. Since there’s no house here, expect the new taxes to be significantly lower than $345.00)
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: no zoning, NO RESTRICTIONS – do what you want with your land!
- homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- no size/height restriction on homes/structures on the lot
- no setback requirements
- no time limit to build – leave the lot as-is for as long as you want or need
- RVs, campers, mobile homes, cabins, tiny homes all permitted
- animals, livestock, etc permitted
- no HOA or CC+R’s
- or, simply leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature!
- homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- HOA: none
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Hopkins (Elementary) – Meece (Middle School) – Somerset (High School)
- NEAREST CITIES: Somerset < Lexington
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Lexington Bluegrass (1 hr 30 mins), Louisville International (2 hours 25 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- Assessor (606) 679-1812
- Treasurer (606) 679-1311
- Clerk/Recorder (606) 679-2042
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions. IMPORTANT: there are two driveways on this property and they are right next to each other at the road. If you’re facing the property, take the driveway on the left. The driveway on the right leads to the house and a clearing and that part is not for sale.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 37.125443, -84.484773.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizontal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
This hilltop parcel surrounds you with nature, fresh air, and tranquility but when you need the city, downtown Somerset is only about a 15 minute drive west and offers major restaurants, big bix retail like Walmart and Lowe’s, and a wide spectrum of local shops. Cool down at Somersplash Water Park, boasting body slides, large tube slides, a massive wave pool, and more. General Burnside Island State Park, less than a half hour away, is a a popular stomping grounds for outdoor enthusiasts. Its wonderfully forested trails showcase some of Kentucky’s most beautiful lakes.
NEARBY – Short Creek Cave (15 mins), Shopville Community Park (11 mins), SomerSport Park (17 mins), SomerSplash Waterpark (18 mins), Daniel Boone National Forest (1 hr 6 mins), Pulaski County Park (30 mins), General Burnside Island State Park (25 mins)
SOMERSET (16 minutes, “Spirit of Southern Kentucky,” nearest grocery store and Walmart)
- RETAIL – Walmart, Lowe’s, Harbor Freight, Tractor Supply Co, Ross, TJ Maxx, Hobby Lobby, Bath & Body Works, JCPenney, Family Dollar, Dollar General, Goodwill, Kroger, Aldi, Belk, many more
- RESTAURANTS – Starbucks, McDonald’s, Dunkin’, Arby’s, Chick-fil-A Somerset, Sonic Drive-In, Wendy’s, Dairy Queen Grill & Chill, many more
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital (one of the largest hospitals in the state)
- RECREATIONAL – Cumberland River, Rocky Hollow Recreation Center, Get Fit Athletic Club, The Center For Rural Development
LEXINGTON (1 hr 23 mins, “Horse Capital of the World,” nearest major metro)
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
Rural 1st is America’s leading land lender for rural properties and they require as little as 15% down on a 10 or 15-year fixed land loan, with no PMI, and they prefer a credit score of 720 or better. Please contact Michael Wirth by phone or email at (502) 553-8152 or email@example.com. They do serve Kentucky.
Here are two more options: (1) Shon Messmer of AgCredit at (270) 727-9375. His typical terms are 10% down on land-only, and 5% down on land+construction. (2) Bob Smith of Mercantile Bank of Michigan at (616) 560-8071, firstname.lastname@example.org. His typical terms are 10% down payment, 2.75% interest, and no PMI, and their minimum credit score = 690.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.