Cheap Land in Arkansas near Helena & Mississippi River
With all City of Helena utilities available and just minutes from national forests and the Mississippi River, this 14.78 acre parcel offers the rare mix of large, park-like acreage accompanied by the conveniences of the city.
- No Restrictions
- All Utilities
- Creek on-site
- Paved Road Frontage
- Priced Well Below Market
- Cheap Taxes (only $150 last year)
- Minutes to Mississippi River & Stunning National Forests
PROPERTY: Welcome to 14.78 acres of natural bliss! This gorgeous, gently rolling land inside the Helena-West Helena complex – which itself was settled in the shadows of Crowley’s Ridge (the area’s naturally protective barrier against flooding) – offers an abundance of features that make it the perfect dual-purpose residential and recreational property. Enjoy 812 feet of direct frontage on Springdale Road, a paved public road lined with all city utilities – power, water, sewer – to make your life as easy as possible. The ridge along the road frontage also acts as a great privacy and noise barrier, ensuring your peace and tranquility here. It’s extremely hard to find tracts like this inside the city limits and, best of all, you can do what you want with it – no restrictions apply! A survey is available to help guide your development too. Beyond its practical applications, this land will draw deer and other wildlife into the area thanks to the creek running through its southeast corner that ultimately feeds a pond on the north side of this property. Considering how cheap the taxes are here too (only $150 last year), you have nothing stopping you from enjoying this beautiful piece of nature today . . . all at an unbeatable Acretown price!
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Very Unique Lot to Area – this size with all these features is a truly rare find!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then Overlays.
- SIZE: 14.78 acres
- ADDRESS (street # estimated – use GPS for navigation): 1352 Springdale Rd, Helena AR 72342
- GPS COORDINATES: 34.548592, -90.612370
- APN: 704-05396-000 (unplatted)
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: PT SE1/4 NE1/4 SEC 6 T2S R5E ALL N OF SPRINGDALE RDB455 P502
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- MINERAL RIGHTS: any mineral rights we own will convey to buyer (we have no knowledge of severance of mineral rights by a previous owner)
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): starting at SE corner, 812′ west (along road) x 786′ north x 819′ east x 794′ south to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: roughly 2/3rds of an acre at the far SE corner of the parcel
- ELEVATION: 375 feet
- TERRAIN: gently rolling
- CONDITION: undeveloped, wooded
- ACCESS: 812 feet of direct frontage on Springdale Road, a paved public road
- POWER: available along road (Entergy Arkansas)
- WATER: available along road (Helena Water & Sewer)
- WASTEWATER: available along road (Helena Water & Sewer)
- TAXES: $150.67 in 2022 (via Phillips County Collector’s Office @ 870-338-5580, ARCountyData.com)
- HOA: none
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: no zoning, NO RESTRICTIONS – do what you want with your land!
- homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns are all OK
- no size/height restriction on homes/structures on the lot
- no setback requirements
- no time limit to build – leave the lot as-is for as long as you want or need
- RVs, campers, mobile homes, cabins, tiny homes are all OK
- animals, livestock, etc OK
- or, simply leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature!
- homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns are all OK
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: JF Wahl (Elementary) – Central (Middle School) – Central (High School)
- NEAREST CITIES: Helena-West Helena < Memphis, TN
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Memphis International (1 hr 24 mins)
- CITY GOVERNMENT (870) 817-7400:
- Assessor/Collector (870) 338-5580
- Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Clerk (email@example.com)
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 34.548528, -90.612867.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizontal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
When you’re ready for a nature escape, Helena River Park on the grand Mississippi River is just 10 minutes southeast, offering recreational opportunities, such as boating, canoeing, hiking, fishing, and birdwatching, while 30 minutes to the north lies St. Francis National Forest, home to the Mississippi River State Park, featuring campgrounds, day-use areas, swim beaches, boat ramps, hiking trails, and scenic views of Crowley’s Ridge and the Mississippi River. 6 minutes west is the city of Helena-West Helena, hosting a Walmart, several grocery stores, local restaurants, fast food chains, and medical clinics. Music lovers can find their fill in Memphis, the home of Blues, Soul, and Rock ‘n’ Roll, where you’ll also get all major retailers, just about one and a half hours to the north.
NEARBY – St. Francis National Forest (30 minutes), Mississippi River Boat Ramp (10 minutes), Mississippi River State Park (33 minutes), Helena Country Club Golf course (8 minutes), Delta Heritage Trail State Park (14 minutes), Memphis Rock ‘n’ Soul Museum (1 h 20 minutes), Beale Street Entertainment District (1 h 22 minutes).
HELENA-WEST HELENA (6 minutes, nearest grocery store and Walmart, county seat)
- RETAIL – Walmart, Rent-A-Center, Twin City Shopping Center, Stop & Shop, Citi Trends, Dollar General, Hart Shoes, Myrna’s Klassic Kollections, House of Fashion, Tony’s Grocery, Double Quick, and many more.
- RESTAURANTS – Downtown Bar & Grill, Delta Que & Brew, Teaden Chinese Restaurant, El Rio Lindo, Wendy’s, Burger Shack, Blue Shark, Pasquales Tamales, Taco Bell, Sonic Drive-In, Subway, Domino’s Pizza, McDonald’s, Blue Shark, and more.
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, Helena Regional Medical Center, Arkansas Heart Hospital Clinic, Helena Family Health Center, Bell Winston Clinic, Webber Family Practice, M-C Drug Store, Hickory Hill Pharmacy.
- RECREATIONAL – Delta Cultural Center, Helena River Park, Freedom Park, Helena Museum of Phillips County, Helena Country Club, Arkansas Welcome Center at Helena/West Helena.
MEMPHIS (1 h 22 minutes, nearest major city, Home of the Blues, Soul, and Rock ‘n Roll)
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.