YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
Cheap Land in Palestine, Texas
Equidistant from Dallas, Houston, and Shreveport, Louisiana lies Palestine, Texas, one of the best small cities within this proud state. It boasts a rich history, with 23 historical sites on the National Register of Historic Places, and its colorful past has fostered a vibrant tourism industry here. Fortunately, this lot sits outside the town’s historic district, which frees up its development potential.
- Buy one of three 1+ acre lots or the whole 3.19 acres
- Enormous profit potential from buying the whole 3.19 acres and re-selling smaller lots
- Priced about 45% Below Market
- Paved Road Access
- All Utilities Available
- No Deed Restrictions
PROPERTY: This 3.19 acre lot is lightly wooded, and it features about 485 feet of direct frontage on paved Magnolia Street. The lot is very flat and there are no structures on site, but all utilities — power, water, sewer, trash, internet — are available so it’s very build-ready. It’s ready for anything, in fact, because there are no restrictions here! This particular neighborhood is very close to Walmart but not too close — just 5 minutes down the road inside the most hottest shopping district in the city. When you’re ready for natural adventure, Big Lake Bottom Wildlife Area is a short 25 minute drive to the west, or try one of the city’s many other lakes and parks.
If you don’t want the whole package, then we’ll break you off a piece! Choose from the north, middle, or south section, or even a single lot. Just let us know what you’re looking for. Here are our asking prices for each section:
- North, 1.26 acres, $27,700 – largest & most flexible layout
- Middle, 1.03 acres, $24,700 – quietest
- South, 0.90 acres, $23,400 – most road frontage
- Want just a single quarter-acre lot? Let us know and we’ll make a deal.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to discuss an offer. There’s lots more info – including viewing instructions – below, so make sure to keep reading!
Buy a piece of it or the whole thing for massive savings either way!
Consider this: quarter-acre lots in Palestine are selling for about $12K. The City of Palenstine will allow the development of one home or duplex per lot, so a buyer can look forward to the revenue stream from at least 9 different quarter-acre+ lots in the future ($108K in projected revenues, and probably more when including the “back” parcels). Business models based on volume buying and small-piece selling are probably the most reliable, time-tested profit generators throughout history, and this is classic example!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- SIZE: 3.19 acres
- POSTAL ADDRESS: 1143 S. Magnolia Street, Palestine TX 75801
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot): 31.749849, -95.630344
- APN: R28521
- LEGAL DESCRIPTION: BROYLES BLOCK C LOT 8, 10, 11A, 11B, BLOCK D LOT 1, 3-10 & ALLEY
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: not transferred with property
- FLOODPLAIN: none
- ELEVATION: 515 feet
- TERRAIN: flat
- CONDITION: undeveloped, lightly wooded
- ACCESS: about 485 feet of direct frontage on paved Magnolia Street
- POWER: available
- WATER: available
- WASTEWATER: available
- TAXES: $493.01 in 2021
- ZONING/RESTRICTIONS: MUN – Mixed Used Neighborhood (download full zoning doc here, specifc uses start on page 40)
- accomodates residential, recreational, office, retail, and public uses
- permitted: single-family homes, townhomes, duplex units, guest homes (incl. tiny homes), airbnb, various retail and office
- not permitted: mobile homes, tiny homes as primary residence, farm animals
- setbacks for primary residence: 25 feet from front, 6 feet side, 20 feet from rear
- HOA: none
- NEAREST CITIES: Palestine > Dallas > Houston
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Dallas-FtWorth International (2 hours), Houston International (2 hours 20 mins)
- CITY GOVERNMENT (Public Works 903-731-8423)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 31.749849, -95.630344.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
- RETAIL – Walmart (just 5 mins away), Lowes, Hobby Lobby, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Kroger, Ace Hardware, Walgreens, CVS, Tractor Supply Co, many others
- RESTAURANTS – Starbucks, McDonald’s, Panda Express, Wendy’s, Applebee’s, Dairy Queen, Chili’s, Whataburger, Chick-fil-A, Wingstop, Taco Bell, Sonic, Burger King, King Buffet, Pizza Hut, KFC, Jack in the Box, Stadium Sports Bar, Church’s, Domino’s, many others
- SERVICES – Hospital, Banks and Credit Unions, Vet, Dentist, Post Office, many others
- RECREATIONAL – Reagan Park, Texas State Railroad Depot, Davey Dogwood Park, Big Lake Bottom Wildlife Area, Palestine Community Forest
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them. Look below for our recommendation . . .
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Shelby Savings Bank in Palestine offers great deals on land and personal loans. Call Preston at (903) 723-3164. They typically require 15% down and credit scores are considered but not a central part of their approval process. Their typical debt-to-income maximum is 40%. Preston is very helpful and will try to find you the best and lowest cost loan for your specific situation.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why our properties are priced below market value, and the answer is really simple: we choose to sell to you at wholesale prices. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and discounted rates, and we strongly believe in passing this discount on to our buyers.
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.