This property won’t last long! The last parcel in this area went pending in less than a week above asking price.
Calling all fishers, hunters, hikers, campers, outdoor enthusiasts, and folks that just love great views – you’re going to love this property in Southeast Wyoming! This is your chance to own a little piece of the last frontier! This area is known for amazing fishing and antelope hunting!
A rare find for Wyoming – this property has direct access to a reservoir which is just moments away from the property: Wheatland Reservoir Number 3 (2,370 acres) is located on the western side of the Laramie Mountains. It’s one of the most productive and popular fishing destinations in southeast Wyoming, and is open year-round for fishing, camping, boating, hunting, and wildlife viewing, and features a boat ramp, ample parking, and restroom facilities. When fishing, anglers can expect to catch a variety of fish including Channel Catfish, Lake Trout, Smallmouth Bass and Yellow Perch, and Walleye; the current fisheries management consists of stocking 80,000 seven-inch rainbow trout and 7,500 brown trout annually.
All of Wyoming’s wildlife roam the prairie here: Elk, antelope, mule deer, waterfowl, coyotes and prairie dogs. This lot is also located in Unit 7 for elk hunting, considered a top trophy bull unit. Antelope roam freely across the prairie and tags are easily accessible for residents (Unit 42). Deer tags are also readily available to either residents or non-residents, general tags for resident and Region J for non-residents.
The surrounding area is a mix of BLM, state and private land. If 35 acres isn’t large enough for you, there are 10,000+ acres of state and federal public lands all within a 2-hour drive of the property, including Miracle Mile of Platte River! Whether you are looking for a fishing base camp, a place to hunt, a place to camp, additional property to run your expanding herd, this property is for you!
Medicine Bow is just a 43 minute drive away, which is a beautiful small town where you can access basic amenities, such as a gas station, a health center, a hotel, church, and more.
Laramie is located just over an hour away, and is another beautiful and historic town located right on the Laramie River. It is a larger town than Medicine Bow, and has many more basic and important amenities. There’s a WalMart, a Golf Course, larger shopping centers/grocery stores, restaurants and hotels, a hospital, and much more. Laramie is a stunning town defined by natural beauty and easy access to the outdoors. Home to the University of Wyoming, it combines the vibrancy of a college-town with Western history and outdoor adventure.
The town of Casper, WY is also nearby, just 2 hours away. Located right on the North Platte River and right by Casper Mountain, there is an abundance of outdoor activities to choose from including white-water rafting, snow-shoeing, biking, skiing/snowboarding, fishing, and hiking. The historic downtown area has many options for shopping, dining and nightlife, as well as a versatile outdoor space complete with a stage for concerts, performances and community events. There are also hotels, bed and breakfasts, RV parks, and campsites in the area.
This property is also close to the Medicine Bow-Routt National Forest and Thunder Basin National Grassland (more info HERE) which cover nearly 2.9 million acres from north central Colorado to central and northeastern Wyoming. From mountain ranges to grasslands and crystal clear streams, the national forests and national grassland provide abundant and unique opportunities for visitors. Year-round recreation opportunities abound in the Forests and Grassland. These activities include hiking, biking, camping, horse riding, OHV riding, fishing, hunting, sightseeing, photography and a wide array of winter sports
- Address: This is a piece of vacant land, and does not have a physical address. It is known as MED BOW PH4 TR24B
ROCK RIVER, WY 82083
- County: Albany County, WY
- Lot size: 35.01 Acres
- APN: The Assessor Parcel Number is 05-2274-33-4-04-010.00
- Legal Descriptions: MED BOW RNCH PH4 TR 24B
- Annual Taxes in 2019: $102.83 in 2019
- There is no HOA or CC+Rs.
- GPS coordinates of the corners of the lot (*approximate*): 41.8373, -105.7095; 41.8379, -105.7067; 41.8323, -105.7067; 41.8322, -105.7095.
- GPS coordinates of the center-point of the lot: 41.8348, -105.7081.
- Zoning: Agricultural
- This lot is build-able, and zoning permits one single-family home with as many accessory units as desired (barn, shed, commercial building, garage, RV shed, etc).
- Mobile Homes also allowed
- Camping and RVs are allowed on the property with a permit.
- Terrain type: Flat
- Property Access: Dirt Road
- Zip Code: 82329
- Closest city: Laramie, WY
- Closest small town: Medicine Bow, WY
- This property is NOT in a flood zone.
- Electric: There is no power in the area where the property is located. The best option for this lot would be a solar alternative.
- This property is not on public water or sewer. A well and septic system would be required.
- Assessor Website – (307)-721-2511
- Treasurer Website – (307) 721-2502
- Recorder/Clerk Website – (307) 721-2541
- Zoning Department Website – (307) 721-2568
- GIS Website
To View the Property:
- You are welcome to go and view the lot anytime that works for you. Seller does not need to accompany. Please make sure you call or text to let us know that you’re going to be heading out to see it though, so we can make sure we have our phone on us in case you have any questions. We’d appreciate at least a couple hours notice. Thanks in advance!
- You will access the property from Nine-Mile Rd which will take you to Byerly Road.
- Click HERE to open this property on Google Maps. Simply enter your starting point, and GoogleMaps will provide step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and GoogleMaps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
- Cell phone reception can be spotty, so we highly recommend downloading, printing, or writing down the directions. If you download them on your phone, GoogleMaps will be able to use your phone’s GPS system to provide instructions even without cell service.
IMPORTANT! PLEASE NOTE: To walk the property lines, we highly recommend an app called OnX Hunt, which uses your phone’s GPS system to show you property boundary lines, and allow you to walk them in real-time. Because this is vacant land and there are no physical markers like homes, gates, driveways etc, it will be challenging to know where the property lines are without using the app. Onx Maps has a 7-day free trial, so you can download the app and use it for free. Just remember to cancel before the trial ends so you aren’t charged. If you have any questions about how to use OnX Hunt to walk the property lines, please call us before you go down to the property so we can walk you through it. This is a remote property – you will have a very difficult time without downloading maps and aerial images to your phone before leaving, GPS device is highly recommended.
Call Bob or Carly anytime to speak about this property at 760-607-3300.
Do Your Own Due Diligence: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP?
We are often asked why our properties are priced below market value, and the answer is really simple: we choose to sell to you at wholesale prices. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and discounted rates, and we strongly believe in passing this discount on to our buyers. All properties are sold free of all liens with clear title.
It is our hope that by providing excellent service to our buyers along with our unbeatable prices, our clients and buyers will spread the word, refer other buyers to us, and want to do business with us again in the future!