YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
Cheap Land in Kentucky with 2,000 sf Berm House
The first brave pioneers to venture west of the Appalachians came down the Ohio River and settled the beautiful hills around it. This is your chance to follow in their footsteps, except most of the building has already been done here. With a 2,000 square foot, open floor plan berm house, power poles, septic, & cistern, you’ve got a massive jump start in building your own homestead. With the Ohio River only 11 minutes away and Brandenburg’s generous retail offerings just 20 minutes to the east, you’ll never have to go far to find what you’re looking for.
- 2000 sf Berm House w/Open Floor Plan
- No Restrictions
- Power w/Septic & Cistern Pre-installed
- Direct Road Frontage
- Survey Available
- Priced at least 20% Below Market
- 11 mins to Ohio River boat ramp
PROPERTY: This 14.34 acre square-ish lot is mostly wooded but improved with a berm house, power poles, septic, cistern, and a cleared driveway leading the way off Spring Creek Lane, a private dirt road that runs 1000 feet to the paved, public Jarbo Sinks Road. The berm house frame, exterior walls, and roof are completely built and power was hooked up in the early stages, but it was never totally finished and has never been lived-in, and since there are no restrictions on the property, it’s 100% ready for your customization! Berm houses are famous for staying naturally cool in the summer and warm in the winter and you won’t find a more durable type of home against the elements. The lot is sloped but still very buildable and this rolling Ohio River Valley neighborhood is very lightly populated and very peaceful. Fishermen and water enthusiasts will enjoy living only 11 minutes from the Wolf Creek boat ramp on the mighty Ohio River. Don’t have a boat? No problem, catch riverboat ride about 20 minutes away in Brandenburg, a historic, quaint valley town that features weekend concerts in Riverfront Park. Ready to kick it up a notch? Party down in Louisville, just one hour to the east, placing you solidly within that “Goldilocks” zone — close enough to the big city when you need it, but firmly planted in the country for all the peace and serenity you crave.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including viewing instructions – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
Since there are no “half-finished berm houses” on the market in Kentucky, or probably anywhere in the country, it’s difficult to comp this property but we found a similar-sized barn property in the area and it’s priced at $160K, or $10,667 per acre. The other two comps are raw land — no insfrastructure — priced around $6,400 per acre. Our property has major advatanges that these others do not, specifically the 2,000 sf berm house, connected power and pre-installed septic and cistern, which are improvements worth thousands of dollars more. To sell this property quickly though, we’ve priced it below the price for raw land!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- SIZE: 14.34 acres
- ADDRESS (street # estimated): 195 Spring Creek Lane, Rhodelia KY 40161
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot): 38.018912, -86.382621
- APN: 029-00-00-008
- LEGAL DESCRIPTION: SPRING CREEK AC 8 (14+AC) & HOUSE
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): starting at SW corner 820 ft NE x 1124 ft SE x 783 ft SW x 622 ft NW (along road) to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: none
- ELEVATION: 625 feet
- TERRAIN: gently sloping
- CONDITION: mostly wooded, improved with berm house
- ACCESS: approximately 622 feet of direct road frontage on Spring Creek Lane, a private dirt road, which leads to the paved Jarbo Sinks Rd
- POWER: available with on-site pole; power was connected to house when constructed
- WATER: 1500 gallon cistern has been installed
- WASTEWATER: septic system has been installed
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- CELL COVERAGE: 5G thru T-Mobile, 4G thru AT&T and Verizon (according to Signal Checker here)
- TAXES: $877.65 in 2021
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: no zoning, NO RESTRICTIONS – do what you want with your land!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- No size/height restriction on homes/structures on the lot
- No setback requirements
- No time limit to build – leave the lot as-is for as long as you want or need.
- RVs, Campers, Mobile Homes, Cabins, “Shouses”, tiny-houses all permitted.
- Animals, livestock, etc. permitted.
- No HOA or CC+R’s
- Or, simply leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- HOA: none
- NEAREST CITIES: Brandenburg < Radcliff < Louisville
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Louisville International (1 hour)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- Assessor (270) 422-2178
- Clerk (270) 422-2152
- Planning & Zoning (270) 422-4676
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions. This takes you to the head of the dirt driveway and the house is about 300 feet further down.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 38.018912, -86.382621.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Fishermen and water enthusiasts will enjoy living only 11 minutes from the Wolf Creek boat ramp on the mighty Ohio River. Don’t have a boat? No problem, catch riverboat ride about 20 minutes away in Brandenburg, a historic, quaint valley town that features weekend concerts in Riverfront Park. Ready to kick it up a notch? Party down in Louisville, just one hour to the east, placing you solidly within that “Goldilocks” zone — close enough to the big city when you need it, but firmly planted in the country for all the peace and serenity you crave.
MEADE COUNTY: Wolf Creek Boat Ramp @ Ohio River (11 mins), Otter Creek Outdoor Recreation Area, Fort Knox Water Park, River Front Park, Meade County History Museum, Meade Olin Park, Doe Valley Lake & Campground
PAYNEVILLE (10 minutes, nearest grocery store – Dollar General)
BRANDENBURG (20 minutes, nearest restaurants & general retail)
- RETAIL: Kroger, Sav-A-Lot, Dollar General, Wilson’s Bait & Tackle, O’Reilly Auto Parts, Meade County Farmers Market, Big O Tires, hardware store, many others
- RESTAURANTS: Jailhouse Pizza, Daily Grind Coffee Shop, KFC, Huddle House, McDonald’s, Papa John’s, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, Little Dave’s Roadhouse, Lumber Jack’s Lodge, many others
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, hospital, family doctors, pediatricians, dentist, pharmacy, vet
- RECREATIONAL: Buttermilk Falls Trailhead, Meade Olin Park, Riverfront Park (weekend concerts)
HARDINSBURG (30 minutes, nearest Walmart)
- RETAIL: Walmart, IGA, Dollar General, Sav-A-Lot, Tractor Supply Co, O’Reilly Auto, Gentry’s, Bluegrass Lumber,
- RESTAURANTS: Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, Burger King, Subway, McDonald’s, Hardee’s, Pizza Hut
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, hospital, family doctor, pharmacy
LOUISVILLE (1 hour, nearest major metro, “Home of the Kentucky Derby . . . the fastest two minutes in sports”)
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.