YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
LIQUIDATION ALERT! We had our competition beat at $119K, and now it’s a blowout at $79K!
Cheap Waterfront Land in Texas on Matagorda Bay
Along the Texas Coastal Plains once explored by the legendary expeditionist Sieur de La Salle in 1684 lies Matagorda Bay and its various inlets. The water systems here are known for great fishing and shrimp farms, but the beauty of these shorelines is enough to draw you in and never let go.
- 200+ feet of Beachfront
- On the Point of the Peninsula
- 84 feet of Road Frontage
- Power & Water Available
- Discount Priced about 37% Below Market
- Flat & Buildable Shelf 10 feet above Sea Level
- Beautiful, Peaceful Setting but less than half-hour from Major City & Walmart
PROPERTY: This 1.1 acre square-ish parcel is perfectly located on the point of a small peninsula that runs out into Carancahua Bay, an inlet of Matagorda Bay, and features about 207 feet of beach frontage and about 84 feet of direct road frontage on Five Mile Trail. You have 300+ feet of depth, from the road to the beach, to provide an ample amount of building space too and the topography is well-suited for building since the majority of the property rests on a very flat shelf about 10′ above sea level. The beach portion of the property lies beneath this shelf. The land is undeveloped, grassy, and lightly wooded but power and water is available in the neighborhood. The neighborhood overall is still highly undeveloped except for the Cape Shores community dock just down the beach. The undeveloped neighboring lot that shares our north boundary line, and comprises the other half of this peninsula’s point, just sold for $229K. Jump on this beachfront property at a huge Acretown discount!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow and Realtor and You’ll Agree!
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 if you have any questions or would like to discuss an offer. There’s lots more info – including viewing instructions – below, so make sure to keep reading!
- SIZE: 1.10 acres
- POSTAL LOCATION (or PLUS CODE ADDRESS): PJ64+6WG Port Alto, Texas 77465
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot): 28.710574, -96.392680
- APN: R47089
- LEGAL DESCRIPTION: CAPE SHORES, LOT 43, ACRES 1.1
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download excerpt of Cape Shores master survey here
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: not conveyed
- EASEMENT: natural gas pipeline runs underneath and clips the NW corner of the property (no building within 75 feet); drainage easement also runs along the north property line (see easement map here)
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): starting at NW corner, 323 ft (north line) x 84 feet (along road) x 338 feet (south line) x 207 feet (along beach) to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: Zone VE (buildable)
- ELEVATION: 10 feet
- TERRAIN: flat shelf with sharp drop to sea level near beach
- CONDITION: undeveloped, lightly wooded
- ACCESS: 84 feet of direct road frontage on Five Mile Trail
- POWER: available thru Jackson Electric Co-Op 361-972-6151
- WATER: available thru Lolita Water Department 361-874-4369
- WASTEWATER: septic system would be necessary (OnePump Septic Services 361-212-2245)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $2,354.57 in 2020
- HOA: Cape Shores (download CC+R’s here, download HOA architectural rules here)
- $295.00 per year (already paid for this year)
- see development permit fee schedule here)
- setbacks for buildings: 50′ from front and rear property lines, 10′ from side property lines
- 1200 square feet minimum living space
- aerobic septic systems required
- no camping
- no farm animals
- no mobile homes
- NEAREST CITIES: Palacios < Port Lavaca < Victoria
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Palacios Municipal Airport (12 mins), Victoria Regional Airport (55 mins), Hobby Airport (2 hours)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 28.710574, -96.392680.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
- RETAIL – Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Ace Hardware, two auto parts stores, lumber yard, multiple gas station/c-stores, grocery store
- RESTAURANTS – Dairy Queen, Sonic, multiple other local restaurants (seafood, Mexican, etc)
- SERVICES – Medical Center, Post Office
- RECREATIONAL – City by the Sea Museum, South Bay Marina, East Bay Park
- RETAIL – Walmart, HEB, Ace Hardware, Walgreens, Tractor Supply Co, Buc-ee’s, auto parts stores, many others
- RESTAURANTS – Whataburger, McDonald’s, Domino’s, Lavaca BBQ, Pit Devil BBQ, many others
- SERVICES – Memorial Medical Center, Post Office
- RECREATIONAL – Halfmoon Reef Lighthouse, Lighthouse Beach, Fishing Pier Park, Bayfront Peninsula Park
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: City State Bank of Palacios offers land loans in this area and their phone # is 361-972-2585.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why our properties are priced below market value, and the answer is really simple: we choose to sell to you at wholesale prices. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and discounted rates, and we strongly believe in passing this discount on to our buyers.
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.