YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
Cheap Land in Florida near Ocala
Located on a paved public road in Marion Oaks, a peaceful suburb of Ocala, this very buildable property offers a perfect combination of forested privacy and quick access to retail . . . at a market-busting Acretown price.
- Access to Paved Road
- Ideal, Square-Shaped Residential Lot
- Zoning Allows up to Two Homes
- Power Available
- Peaceful, Lightly Populated Neighborhood
- Priced about 50% Below Market!
- Very Buildable: Flat, High, & Dry (No Floodplain)
PROPERTY: This wooded, 0.67 acre square lot in central Florida features 200 feet of frontage along Marion Oaks Lane, a paved public road. It is totally undeveloped, so you have a clean slate to build your new Florida dream home. It’s higher elevation also assures NO FLOODPLAIN or wetlands issues so, considering its flat terrain and power availability along the road to boot, it’s very buildable. In fact, it’s R-1 Residential zoning for this oversized lot allows up to two homes to be built here. Fortunately, you can look forward to lots of peace and privacy as the heavily forested neighborhood around here is only lightly populated and mostly undeveloped! Despite the slow pace, you’re still within 10 minutes of major retail like Winn Dixie and Walgreens, and a large host of restaurants. Drive less than a half hour up north to Ocala, the “Horse Capital of the World,” if you need to hit some big box stores like Walmart, Home Depot, and Target. For some outdoor adventures, the Silver Springs State Park, just 40 minutes northeast, offers boat launches, rentals, restrooms, and 14 miles of park to explore. It’s one of the largest springs in the entire country and produces millions of gallons of crystal clear water every single day. It’s stunning beauty and aquatic wildlife is perfectly captured through a ride on a glass-bottom boat. If you love water activities, canoes, kayaks, tubes, and boats of all sorts are available ALL throughout this area. In fact, Ocala National Forest, just an hour’s drive to the northeast and one of the most popular National Forests in the entire country, features 600 lakes, rivers and springs alone.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then Overlays.
- SIZE: 0.67 acres
- ADDRESS (street # estimated – use GPS for navigation): 763 Marion Oaks Lane, Ocala, FL 34473
- GPS COORDINATES: 28.964592, -82.185040
- APN: 8006-0617-01
- LEGAL DESCRIPTION: SEC 35 TWP 17 RGE 21 PLAT BOOK O PAGE 107 MARION OAKS UNIT 6 BLK 617 LOT 1
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: none (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- MINERAL RIGHTS: transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): 150′ wide (along road) x 200′ deep
- FLOODPLAIN: none, no wetlands
- ELEVATION: 72 feet
- TERRAIN: flat
- CONDITION: undeveloped, wooded
- ACCESS: 200 feet of direct frontage on Marion Oaks Lane, a paved public road
- POWER: available
- WATER: available
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $220.24 in 2021
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: R1 – Residential (summarized below; see full doc here)
- single family homes
- accessory units allowed (e.g. sheds, garages, etc)
- 10,000 sf minimum space (this lot = 29,185 sf)
- 85 feet minimum width (this lot = 200 feet)
- 4 units per acre (so 2 homes should be allowed on this lot)
- setbacks: 25′ front, 25′ rear, and 8′ side
- HOA: none
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Sunrise (Elementary) – Horizon Academy (Middle School) – Dunnellon (High School)
- NEAREST CITIES: Marion Oaks < Ocala < Orlando
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Marion County Airport (24 mins), Ocala International (28 mins), Orlando International (1 hr 18 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT 352-438-2300:
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 28.964592, -82.185040.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Major retail like Winn Dixie and Walgreens, and a large host of restaurants, are all within 10 minutes of this peaceful lot in Marion Oaks. Drive less than a half hour up north to Ocala, the “Horse Capital of the World,” if you need to hit some big box stores like Walmart, Home Depot, and Target. For some outdoor adventures, the Silver Springs State Park, just 40 minutes northeast, offers boat launches, rentals, restrooms, and 14 miles of park to explore. It’s one of the largest springs in the entire country and produces millions of gallons of crystal clear water every single day. It’s stunning beauty and aquatic wildlife is perfectly captured through a ride on a glass-bottom boat. If you love water activities, canoes, kayaks, tubes, and boats of all sorts are available ALL throughout this area. In fact, Ocala National Forest, just an hour’s drive to the northeast and one of the most popular National Forests in the entire country, features 600 lakes, rivers and springs alone.
NEARBY – Silver Springs State Park (40 mins), SummerGlen Golf Club (9 mins), Ross Prairie State Forest (17 mins), Florida Horse Park (20 mins), Sholom Park (25 mins), Eaton’s Beach (37 mins), Lake Panasoffkee (40 mins), Brick City Adventure Park (33 mins), Indian Lake State Forest (45 mins)
MARION OAKS (8 minutes, nearest grocery store)
- RETAIL – Winn-Dixie, Dollar General, Family Dollar, Dollar Tree, Walgreens, Parsons Boutique, Tractor Supply Co., many others
- RESTAURANTS – Dominos, McDonald’s, Cracker Barrel, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Popeyes, Subway, Zaxby’s, Dunkin’, many others
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, AdventHealth Medical Group Primary Care at Marion Oaks
- RECREATIONAL – Marion Oaks Community Center, SummerGlen Golf Club, Don Garlits Museum (16 mins)
- RETAIL – Walmart, Target, Paddock Mall, The Home Depot, Lowe’s Home Improvement, Publix Super Market at Grand Oaks Town Center, many others
- RESTAURANTS – Chili’s Grill & Bar, Lakis Restaurant, Moe’s Southwest Grill, Pie-O-Mine & Greens, The Cuban Stop, many others
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, pediatrician, dentists, animal/veterinary hospital, HCA Florida West Marion Hospital
- RECREATIONAL – Ocala National Forest (1 hour), E D Croskey Recreation Center, Lillian Bryant Park, Ocala Golf Club, Ocala Regional Sportsplex
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. In this case, we recommend calling Charles Heller of Florida Credit Union at (352) 377-4141 x 2926. He offers land loans for 20% down and no minimum credit score. You might also try Gary Leist of SouthState Bank at (352) 236-6448. They offer land loans for 25% down and prefer a credit score of at least 720.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.