YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
Cheap Land in Florida near Orange Lake & Ocala National Forest
Sandwiched between the Ocala National Forest and Orange Lake inside Florida’s Horse Country lies this build-ready 2+ acre lot. Great fishing isn’t just limited to the Orange though, because this entire region is dotted with a multitude lakes, ponds, and crystal clear streams. Various national and state forests and wildlife areas also surround you here, but so do major cities like Ocala and Gainesville, so you’re never too far from the urban conveniences you want and the natural adventure you love.
- Road Access
- Power Available
- Build-friendly flat, square shape
- No Floodplain
- Priced about 35% below market
PROPERTY: This wooded, 2.27 acre square parcel in central Florida features 321 feet of frontage along NE 194th Street. It is totally undeveloped, so you have a clear slate to build your new Florida dream home. Power runs along the road frontage and the land is extremely flat and buildable with NO FLOODPLAIN issues. The lightly populated neighborhood, as well as the large expanses of fields and farms immediately to your west, and horses on your neighbor’s land to the north, assures your peace and privacy but when you’re ready for action there’s plenty waiting for you in the nearby cities of Ocala and Gainesville.
One of the cheapest per-acre prices for similar-sized lots in the county!
Cheap Land near Ocala, the Horse Capital of the World
The nearest grocery stores are in the small town of Citra, just 10 minutes away and your choices there are between Family Dollar and Dollar General. Other basic retail and services include a pizza place (Five Star Pizza), a few churches, and a couple diners. The major draw to this area, however, comes from nature, with Lochloosa Lake and Orange Lake on the north and northwest sides of Citra, respectively. Surrounding those lakes are several wildlife reserves and management areas, like Paynes Prairie, Longleaf Flatwoods, Grove Park, and Lochloosa Wildlife Managment Area. Of course, a series of trails have been carved into the earth here to ensure your enjoyment of these lands and the wildlife they protect. Believe it or not, such wildlife includes a wide spectrum of creatures ranging from bison, black bears, and bald eagles, to thousands of other smaller animal species and insects. And, yeah, gators too!
Orange Lake, which serves as the hub for all these protected lands, is the largest lake in the North Central region of Florida at about 12,500 acres. Much like its sister lake, Lochloosa, it offers anglers largemouth bass, bluegill, sunfish, and crappie.
About 25 minutes in the opposite direction (to the east) lies the massive Ocala National Forest. The Ocala is a unique and fascinating forest that offers an accommodating climate for year round recreating. The mild winters are fine for family camping while a summer canoe trip down a palm-lined stream is a cool way to spend an August day. There are huge springs, twisting streams and lakes for fishing and water skiing. The cool crystal-clear water of Juniper Springs, Alexander Springs, Salt Springs and Silver Glen Springs entice many visitors to take a cool dip. Spend a weekend here and it’s easy to understand why this forest is one of the most heavily used National Forests in the United States. On your way there, stop at Makin’ Tracks Trail Rides in Fort McCoy and scout this beautiful area on horseback. This IS the Horse Capital of the World, after all.
The center of this horse mecca is Ocala to the south, and it’s also where you’ll find the closest Walmart, just over 30 minutes away. Ocala not only hosts world class golf, horse, and other recreational opportunities, but it’s natural attractions are incredibly uniquie. Silver Springs State Park is one of the largest springs in the entire country and produces millions of gallons of crystal clear water every single day. It’s stunning beauty and aquatic wildlife is perfectly captured through a ride on a glass-bottom boat. The Marjorie Harris Carr Cross Florida Greenway also stretches across this area and offers over 300 miles of walking, biking, and horse trails. Triple Crown thoroughbred winners American Pharoah and Affirmed once called Ocala home and thus helped solidify the city’s reputation as the Horse Capital of the World.
Gainesville, home of the Florida Gators, is only a 40 minute drive to the northwest. There’s much more than elite-level sports to enjoy here though, as you’ll also get to experience world-class theaters, year-round springs, swimming and diving, craft breweries, live music, a butterfly rainforest, botanical gardens and more.
If you’re still looking for more, then don’t forget that central Florida is home to the Happiest Place on Earth, Disney World, and you’re only an hour and 45 mins away!
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 if you have any questions or would like to discuss an offer. There’s lots more info – including viewing instructions – below, so make sure to keep reading!
- SIZE: 2.27 acres
- POSTAL LOCATION (or PLUS CODE ADDRESS): CXM5+2CJ Island Grove, Florida 32113
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot): 29.432582, -82.041474
- APN: 04715-000-00
- LEGAL DESCRIPTION: SEC 19 TWP 12 RGE 23 PLAT BOOK UNR ROLLING GREEN ACRES NE 1/4 OF SW 1/4 OF GOVT LOT 18 LESS N 30 FT THEREOF FOR RD ROW AKA PARCEL 10 OF GOV LOT 18 OF ROLLING GREEN ACRES UNR PLAT
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: none (download GIS map here)
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): square, starting at NW corner 321 ft (along NE 194th St) east x 336 ft south x 321 ft west x 336 ft north to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: none
- ELEVATION: 72 feet
- TERRAIN: flat
- ACCESS: 321 feet of direct frontage along NE 194th St
- POWER: available (power pole right across the street)
- WATER: none (well would need to be installed)
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $275.09 in 2021
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: General Agricultural A-1
- Mobile/manufactured homes permitted
- Setback requirements: 25 feet from front, side, and rear property lines
- HOA: none
- NEAREST CITIES: Citra < Ocala < Gainesville
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Gainesville Regional Airport (45 mins), Daytona Beach International Airport (86 miles), Orlando Sanford International Airport (112 miles)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT 352-438-2300:
- Assessor 352-368-8300
- Treasurer 352-368-8200
- Clerk 352-671-5607
- Planning & Zoning 352-438-2600
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 29.432582, -82.041474.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why our properties are priced below market value, and the answer is really simple: we choose to sell to you at wholesale prices. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and discounted rates, and we strongly believe in passing this discount on to our buyers.
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.