Cheap Farm Land in Arkansas near Gould
This fertile, accessible, and unrestricted farmland lies just 3 minutes outside Gould and 12 minutes north of Dumas.
- No Restrictions
- Public Road Frontage
- Priced about 20% below market
- Just 3 minutes from Gould & grocery store
- Power Available
- Flat, Farmable & Buildable
PROPERTY: This 20 acres of flat, cleared pasture/cropland features about 660 feet of direct frontage on Duke Road, a public dirt road. There are no structures on site, but power does run along the road frontage so the whole package is ready for your development. It’s ready for anything, in fact, because there are no restrictions here! Fortunately, it lies outside the 100 year floodplain and inside the “reduced risk” area due to the effective levee systems in the area. Specific to this property, drainage ditches run along the north, east, and south boundary lines. The small town of Gould, just 3 minutes down Jackson Street, offers a Dollar General for your basic shopping needs but the city of Dumas, just 9 more minutes down Hwy 65, offers much more, including a Piggly Wiggly and over a dozen restaurants. Enjoy one of the state’s best natural features by driving 19 minutes east to access the beautiful and bountiful Arkansas River via the Pendleton Recreation Area. You can even reach the mighty Mississippi by driving about a half hour farther. With the vast network of streams, lakes, and rivers around here, this region is a fisherman’s paradise.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then Overlays.
- SIZE: 20 acres
- ADDRESS (street # estimated – use GPS for navigation): 100 Duke Road, Gould AR 71643
- GPS COORDINATES: 33.988444, -91.535139
- APN: 000-00664-000
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: S 1/2 NE 1/4 NE 1/4 of S36 T8S R5W, Lincoln County, AR
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: none (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- MINERAL RIGHTS: transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): 660′ x 1320′
- FLOODPLAIN: outside 100-year floodplain, inside “reduced risk area due to levee”
- ELEVATION: 167 feet
- TERRAIN: flat
- CONDITION: undeveloped, cleared pasture
- ACCESS: 660 feet of direct frontage on Duke Road, a public dirt road
- POWER: available
- WATER: none (well would need to be installed)
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $209.06 in 2021
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: no zoning, NO RESTRICTIONS – do what you want with your land!
- homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- no size/height restriction on homes/structures on the lot
- no setback requirements
- no time limit to build – leave the lot as-is for as long as you want or need
- RVs, campers, mobile homes, cabins, tiny homes all permitted
- animals, livestock, farming, etc permitted
- no HOA or CC+R’s
- or, simply leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature!
- homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- HOA: none
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Reed (Elementary) – Dumas (Middle School) – Dumas (High School)
- NEAREST CITIES: Gould < Dumas < Pine Bluff
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Clinton National (1 hr 12 mins), Memphis International (2 hrs 51 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 33.988444, -91.535139.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizontal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
The small town of Gould, just 3 minutes down Jackson Street, offers a Dollar General for your basic shopping needs but the city of Dumas, just 9 more minutes down Hwy 65, offers much more, including a Piggly Wiggly and over a dozen restaurants. Enjoy one of the state’s best natural features by driving 19 minutes east to access the beautiful and bountiful Arkansas River via the Pendleton Recreation Area. You can even reach the mighty Mississippi by driving about a half hour farther. With the vast network of streams, lakes, and rivers around here, this region is a fisherman’s paradise.
- RETAIL – Dollar General
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, dentist
- RECREATIONAL – Dales Memorial Park
- RETAIL – Piggly Wiggly, Family Dollar, WingTip Gear, TrueValue Hardware, Dumas Seed, many others
- RESTAURANTS – McDonald’s, Pizza Hut, Big Boy’s BBQ, Subway, Hubcap Dan’s Burgers, Shep’s Farmhouse, many others
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, hospital, family doctors, dentists, vet
- RECREATIONAL – Dumas Community Center, Snap Fitness Dumas, Desha County Museum
- RETAIL – Walmart, Lowe’s, Tractor Supply Co, Staples, Havertys Furniture, Dillard’s, JCPenney
- RESTAURANTS – Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, Domino’s Pizza, Wendy’s, Sonic Drive-In, Chick-fil-A, McDonald’s, Burger King, and many more
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, hospital, specialist, family doctors, pediatrician, dentists, animal hospital
- RECREATIONAL – Martin Luther King Jr Park, Pine Bluff Regional Park
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. In this case, we recommend Merchants & Farmers Bank in Dumas at (870) 382-4311. They specialize in farm land loans.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.