YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
Cheap Land in Tennessee near Fayetteville
Just 11 minutes north of Fayetteville, one of Tennessee’s most charming small towns and site of two Hallmark movies, lies this partially cleared 65-acre tract with power on-site, small pond, and legally accessible via driveway off Fishing Ford Road. Buy it to stay, play, or both!
- No Restrictions
- Small Pond
- Legal Access via Driveway to Paved Road
- Priced about 27% Below Market
- Very Buildable: Mostly Flat, No Floodplain, No Zoning
- Power Pole On-Site
- Only 11 mins to Fayetteville (with Walmart)
- Greenbelt-Certified (for reduced property taxes)
- Abundant Deer & Wildlife
PROPERTY: This 65 acre lot is a mostly wooded tract with some cleared space towards the SE corner, where a driveway has been cut and branches off another deeded-access driveway that runs about 1200 feet to South Fishing Ford Road, a paved public road. Your future development here has been primed with a power pole and shed on site, and the lot is generally flat with no floodplain, so the whole package is very buildable. It’s ready for anything, in fact, because there are no restrictions here! Just beyond the clearing near the front of the lot lies a small pond, a natural attraction for deer and other wildlife in the area, and it’s shared between this lot and the neighbor’s. Turn north from the pond and wander down a trail that bisects the more forested, north part of the property. The overall neighborhood is sparsely populated and very peaceful. The charming small town of Fayetteville is only an 11 minute drive south and offers a harmonious mix of local shops and boutiques, with major retailers like Walmart. Kayakers, floaters, and fishermen can easily access the Elk River there, or take in a movie at the historic Lincoln Theatre. Head 20 minutes east of Fayetteville to get to Lynchburg, famous as the home to the Jack Daniels distillery and, of course, a critical stop on the Tennessee Whiskey Trail that runs through these parts. Lynchburg also serves as the gateway city to Tims Ford Lake and State Park, the recreational epicenter for this entire region.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- SIZE: 65.05 acres
- ADDRESS (street # estimated; do not use for navigation): 333 S. Fishing Ford Rd, Petersburg, TN 37144
- GPS COORDINATES: 35.246407, -86.635362
- APN: 036-001.00
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: GBA7/649
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: none (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- MINERAL RIGHTS: transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): starting at NE corner, 2237′ south x 1379′ east x 394′ south (to driveway) x 134′ NW x 1004′ SW x 3515′ NW x 1510 east to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: none
- ELEVATION: 802 feet
- TERRAIN: mostly flat
- CONDITION: undeveloped, some clearing, mostly wooded, power pole on-site
- ACCESS: via driveway to S. Fishing Ford Rd (deeded)
- POWER: available via on-site power pole
- WATER: ???
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES (2020): $486.00
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: no zoning, NO RESTRICTIONS – do what you want with your land!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- No size/height restriction on homes/structures on the lot
- No setback requirements
- No time limit to build – leave the lot as-is for as long as you want or need.
- RVs, Campers, Mobile Homes, Cabins, “Shouses”, tiny-houses all permitted.
- Animals, livestock, etc. permitted.
- No HOA or CC+R’s
- Or, simply leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- HOA: none
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Unity (Elementary & Junior High), Fayetteville (High)
- CELL COVERAGE: 5G thru AT&T and T-Mobile, 4G thru Verizon (according to Signal Checker here)
- NEAREST CITIES: Fayetteville < Lynchburg < Nashville
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Ellington Airport (32 mins), Nashville International (1 hr 30 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 35.246407, -86.635362.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
The charming small town of Fayetteville is only an 11 minute drive south and offers a harmonious mix of local shops and boutiques, with major retailers like Walmart. Kayakers, floaters, and fishermen can easily access the Elk River there, or take in a movie at the historic Lincoln Theatre. Head 20 minutes east of Fayetteville to get to Lynchburg, famous as the home to the Jack Daniels distillery and, of course, a critical stop on the Tennessee Whiskey Trail that runs through these parts. Lynchburg also serves as the gateway town to Tims Ford Lake and State Park, the recreational epicenter for this entire region.
- RETAIL – Walmart, Tractor Supply Co, Dollar General, Magnolia Mall on the Square, Walgreens, Fayetteville Lumber, Smith Furniture
- RESTAURANTS – Arby’s, Zaxby’s, Popeye’s, McDonald’s, Taco Bell, Dairy Queen, Sonic, Little Caesars, Long John Silver’s, Subway, Rick’s BBQ, Pritchard’s Distillery, Southern Pride Distillery, many other local eateries
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, Lincoln Health Center, family doctors, specialsts, dentist
- RECREATIONAL – Lincoln Theatre, Star Wheels Skate Center, Elk River, Stone Bridge Park, Sacred Stone Events
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
Rural 1st is America’s leading land lender for rural properties and they require as little as 15% down on a 10 or 15-year fixed land loan, with no PMI, and they prefer a credit score of 720 or better. Please contact Michael Wirth by phone or email at (502) 553-8152 or email@example.com. They do cover Tennessee.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.