Cheap Farmland in North Dakota 90 minutes from Bismarck
Agriculture is a staple industry in North Dakota and, according to AgWeek, the average farmland value has risen to $3,124 per acre, and specifically $3,270 in SE region of North Dakota, where Kidder County is located. At our incredibly low Acretown price of $1,718 per acre, you’re getting a market-busting deal in one of the hottest farmland markets in the Midwest!
- No Restrictions
- Fertile – 63% classified for growing crops, 34% grazing, 3% wetland/other
- Priced about 45% below the current farmland market!
PROPERTY: This cleared and relatively flat 160 acre quarter-section of prime farmland in the SE region of North Dakota is priced to move immediately. A 1.3 mile farm road does connect the property to the main public road (41st Ave SE), but access to that farm road still needs to be agreed upon with the neighbor or, failing that, access is available along the section line, as is legal in South Dakota. Two well-defined waterways through the property keep it nicely drained and they empty into a wetland that comprises most of the quarter-section to the north of this property. Fortunately, only roughly 4 acres of that wetland actually encroaches on our quarter-section though. In fact, as displayed in the map directly below, the tract is predominantly characterized as cropland. Carrington, ND, 39 minutes away, hosts the nearest grocery store but the nearest major city is North Dakota’s capital city of Bismarck about 90 minutes to the southwest.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including viewing instructions – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- SIZE: 160 acres
- GOOGLE “PLUS CODE” ADDRESS: 86V2885V+WQ Bowdon, ND 58418
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot): 47.309818, -99.655596
- APN: 37010010
- LEGAL DESCRIPTION: NE 1/4 of Section 10, Township 144 North, Range 71 West, Kidder County, ND
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: none (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): square, 2640 feet on each side
- FLOODPLAIN: not USGS surveyed; two waterways flow thru property and empty into wetland that comprises 3.71 acres of far NW corner of property
- ELEVATION: 1964 feet
- TERRAIN: generally flat
- CONDITION: cleared, no structures
- ACCESS: 1.3 mile farm road extends to property from 41st Ave SE; currently, no legal access agreement in place w/neighbor
- POWER: none
- WATER: none
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- CELL COVERAGE: available in 5G thru T-Mobile, 4G thru Verizon & AT&T (according to Signal Checker here)
- TAXES: $852.66 in 2020
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: no zoning, NO RESTRICTIONS – do what you want with your land!
- Highest and best use is agriculture
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- Animals, livestock, etc. permitted.
- HOA: none
- NEAREST CITIES: Carrington < Steele < Bismarck
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Bismarck Airport (90 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- Assessor (701) 475-2206
- Treasurer (701) 475-2442
- Recorder/Clerk (701) 475-4548
coming soon . . .
At this moment, there is no legal access to the property, but click here to open the destination in Google Maps.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 47.306876, -99.650886.
HOW TO ACCESS THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
- RETAIL: Dollar General, Central City Lumber, OK Tire Store, Cows & Co. Creamery
- RESTAURANTS – Subway, Casey’s, Prairie Inn, Pizza Ranch, CBS Bar & Grill, Simple Coffee,
- MED SERVICES? Yes, St. Alexius Emergency Care, dentist, drug stores
- RECREATIONAL – Foster County Fairgrounds, Cross Roads Golf Club
- RETAIL – Walmart, Costco, Tractor Supply Co, Ross, TJ Maxx, Menards, Hobby Lobby, Best Buy, Lowe’s, Target, Scheels, Harbor Freight, Sams Club, many others
- RESTAURANTS – Starbucks, McDonald’s, Domino’s, LongHorn Steakhouse, Olive Garden, Papa John’s, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, Chick-fil-A, Denny’s, Big Boy, Pier Bar & Grill, Paddle Trap, Culvers, many others
- MED SERVICES? Yes, emergency care, specialists, dentists, drug stores, vets
- RECREATIONAL – Fort Lincoln, Dakota Zoo, Gateway to Science, Missouri River
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.