YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
Cheap Land in California’s Central Valley – Kern County
Surrounded by nut orchards and with direct frontage on Weiser Road, this fenced, agriculturally-zoned property allows for a variety of residential and commercial uses.
- Extensive Direct Road Frontage
- Only 2 mins from Highway
- Very Relaxed Agricultural Zoning
- Priced about 43% Below Market
- Power Available
- Very Buildable: Flat, No Floodplain or Wetlands
- Fenced on three of four sides
PROPERTY: This clear, 40 acre property features about 660 feet of direct frontage on Weiser Road, a dirt public road. Dirt roads also front the lot’s east and north boundaries and a fence line runs along these three boundary lines too. Highway 33 is quickly accessible after just a couple minute jaunt down Weiser Road. There are no structures on site, but power does run along the road frontage so the whole package is ready for your development. In fact, given the very loose Agricultural (A) zoning, flat topography, and lack of floodplain or wetlands encroachments, you have a bounty of residential and commercial development options available to you. Nut orchards surround the lot and you’re offered a wonderful view of Wagon Wheel mountain to the west, so your peace and serenity is safe out here. You’re not too far away from civilization when you need it though, with a Family Dollar grocery store available only about 25 minutes away in the town of Avenal. Wasco, 43 minutes to the southeast and just outside the major city of Bakersfield, offers a wider selection shopping options, including a Walmart. The historic downtown of Bakersfield is just over an hour’s drive south. Bakersfield is home to the popular music genre that is known as the Bakersfield Sound and many well known country music artists. The Kern River flows right through this city and has always been popular among rafters, kayakers, and fishermen.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then Overlays.
- SIZE: 40 acres
- ADDRESS (street # estimated – use GPS for navigation): Weiser Rd, Lost Hills, CA 93249
- GPS COORDINATES: 35.701987, -119.922095
- APN: 043-370-19-00-7
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: SECTION 33 , TOWNSHIP 25 , RANGE 19 , East Half of East Half of SE quarter
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): 2640′ x 660′
- FLOODPLAIN: none, no wetlands
- ELEVATION: 522 feet
- TERRAIN: flat
- CONDITION: undeveloped, clear
- ACCESS: 660 feet of direct frontage on Weiser Rd (plus two other unnamed roads on two other sides)
- POWER: available
- WATER: none (well would need to be installed)
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $151.22 in 2021
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: Agriculture (A), summarized below & detailed here
- single family homes
- mobile homes OK
- RV’s, camping OK
- crops, livestock OK
- some commerical OK
- mineral exploration
- solar, wind
- single family homes
- HOA: none
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Lost Hills (Elementary) – A.M. Thomas (Middle School) – Wasco (High School)
- CELL COVERAGE: excellent
- NEAREST CITIES: Avenal < Wasco < Bakersfield
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Meadows Field – Bakersfield (1 hr 10 mins), Hollywood-Burbank (2 hours 20 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 35.701987, -119.922095.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Stay away from the hustle and bustle of the city. This property is only about 18 minutes from Lost Hills where you can hit El Toro Loco Supermarket, some restaurants, and other smaller retail options. Drive 39 minutes northeast to hike Kern National Wildlife Refuge and enjoy diverse wildlife and habitats. The historic downtown of Bakersfield is just over an hour’s drive south. Bakersfield is home to the popular music genre that is known as the Bakersfield Sound and many well known country music artists. The Kern River flows right through this city and has always been popular among rafters, kayakers, and fishermen.
NEARBY – The Lavender Garden (20 mins), Wonderful Park (18 mins), Kern National Wildlife Refuge (39 mins), Buttonwillow Raceway Park (33 mins), Buena Vista Aquatic Recreational Park (58 mins), Fort Tejon State Park (1 hr 22 mins)
LOST HILLS (18 minutes, nearest grocery store)
- RETAIL – El Toro Loco Supermarkets, Pannu Star Mart, 7-Eleven
- RESTAURANTS – El Dollar Taqueria, Mariscos Acapulco, Arby’s, McDonald’s, Jack in the Box, Pizza Hut Express, Subway, Dairy Queen Grill & Chill
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, Park Chan H MD
- RECREATIONAL – Buttonwillow Recreation & Park District
BAKERSFIELD/WASCO (45 minutes, nearest Walmart)
- RETAIL – Walmart, The Home Depot, Costco Wholesale, Stockdale Fashion Plaza, The Shops at RiverWalk, Bakersfield Plaza
- RESTAURANTS – Original Hacienda Grill, Uricchio’s Trattoria, Guild House Gourmet Luncheons, Lorene’s Downtown, Firestone Grill, and many more
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, pediatrician, dentists, heart center, animal/veterinary hospital
- RECREATIONAL – Kern River, Bakersfield Business and Recreation Club, Stockdale Country Club, Yokuts Park, and many more.
LOS ANGELES (2 hrs 43 mins, nearest major metro, Hollywood stars, the TV & movie industries, and gorgeous beaches all make LA a famous city and a popular vacation spot.)
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. In this case, we recommend calling Mission Bank in Bakersfield at (661) 859-2500. This property is zoned for Agriculture and they offer agricultural loans.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.