YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
5.28 ACRES right outside JOPLIN, MO
This private and spacious property has the best of both worlds: road frontage and easy access to 44 and 49, as well as space and privacy as most of the lot is tucked behind another wooded parcel. This lends to the feeling of seclusion and nature.
This lot is ideal for a home-site, or a recreational property. There is NO ZONING in Newton County, so you can do what you want with your land!
Though this lot feels rural and quiet, it is less than 20 minutes from Joplin, MO, a smaller vibrant city located right where Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri Meet. It’s located right in the Ozarks of Southwest Missouri at the intersection of 44, 49 and Historic Route 66. Joplin has a bustling downtown and is an up-and-coming city with a notably low cost of living.
There are great restaurants, hotels/RV parks/camp sites, and community events including sports, live music, performing arts, family-oriented programming, arts and outdoors! Here, you can also find many amenities and conveniences such as Wal Mart, grocery stores, banks, doctors offices and a hospital, schools, hardware stores, and churches. Joplin is also home to Missouri Southern State University, Kansas City University – Joplin, and Ozark Christian College.
There are tons of outdoor attractions within close proximity to the property…
This property is also located just over an hour from Springfield MO, and Tulsa OK – both exciting and vibrant cities with tons of attractions to visit.
This listing is priced to provide our buyer with extremely good value – this is the cheapest piece of land in the 5-acre range in the entire county, at $29,876.
Call Bob or Carly anytime to speak about this property at 760-607-3300.
- Address: This lot is in Newton County, just outside of Joplin, MO.
- Because this is a vacant lot, there is no physical address. You will navigate there using GPS coordinates. See below for viewing instructions.
- County: Newton County, Missouri
- Lot size: 5.28 acres
- APN: The Assessor Parcel Number is 06-7.0-36-000-000-009.000
- Annual Taxes in 2019: $164 in 2019
- GPS coordinates of the corners of the lot (*approximate*): 37.0221, -94.5948 37.022, -94.5969 37.0221, -94.597 37.0221, -94.5968 37.0225, -94.5963 37.0228, -94.5961 37.0232, -94.5958 37.024, -94.5952 37.0243, -94.5948 37.0236, -94.5941 37.0239, -94.5951
- GPS coordinates of the center-point of the lot: 37.023, -94.5954
- Parcel Dimensions: 634 ft.x 26 ft.x 53 ft,x 190 ft.x 116 ft.x 185 ft.x 333 ft.x 169 ft.x 327 ft.x 327 ft.x 697 ft. approx.
- Zoning: There is NO ZONING in Newton County – do what you want with your land!
- Build a home, shouse, tiny-home, bring a mobile, RV, camper, or simply leave it as is!
- There is no size restriction or height restriction for buildings.
- There are no setback restrictions
- There is no City or County fee to build on the property.
- Elevation: 951 ft.
- Terrain type: gently rolling with several flat areas ideal for a home-site.
- Property Access: Dirt Road
- Zip Code: 64804
- Closest city: Joplin, MO – 15 minutes, 8.5 miles; Springfield, MO – 1 h 15 min, 78.8 miles; Tulsa, Oklahoma – 1 h 35 min, 107 miles
- This property is NOT in a flood zone.
- Electric: There is electricity at the property line.
- Water: This property is not on public water. A well is required.
- Wastewater: A septic system would be required
- Assessor Website 417-451-8258
- Treasurer Website
- Recorder/Clerk Website417-451-8224
- GIS Website
- Tax Office contact # 417-451-8258
To View the Property:
- Click HERE to open this property on Google Maps. You can simply click “directions” and enter your starting point, and GoogleMaps will provide you with exact directions.
- The property is located on Greenwood Drive, and is accessed via either Apricot Drive or directly off 44.
- You are welcome to go and view the lot anytime that works for you. Seller does not need to accompany. Please make sure you call or text to let us know that you’re going to be heading out to see it though, so we can make sure we have our phone on us in case you have any questions. We’d appreciate at least a couple hours notice. Thanks in advance!
- Because this is vacant land, there is no physical address, and you’ll be navigating there using GPS coordinates.
- If you have trouble accessing the property using the link above – the neighbor’s address is 3132 Greenwood Drive, Joplin, MO. You can use their address to navigate to the lot. However please respect their privacy and their property. Do not park in their driveway.
Please note that we are not able to offer owner-financing, however you’re welcome to get a loan through another lender/bank, and we’ll coordinate with them.
- Here are some Local Lenders that lend on vacant land (or, you’re welcome to use any other lender that works for you):
- Garret Terry at MidMissouri Bank – 417-782-4810 – email@example.com
- Richard Huskey at SW Missouri Bank – 417-627-3939 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stephen Zornes at MidMissouri Bank – 417-629-2335 – email@example.com
- Generally speaking, the terms are likely to be close to:
- 20% down (either cash or collateralized asset)
- 3.25-6% interest
- 10-25 year term
- decent credit
- an appraisal may or may not be required depending on the lender
- depending on the down-payment amount, and whether it’s cash or another asset, monthly payments will be in the range of $130-180/mo
IMPORTANT! PLEASE NOTE: To walk the property lines, we highly recommend an app called OnX Hunt, which uses your phone’s GPS system to show you property boundary lines, and allow you to walk them in real-time. Because this is vacant land and there are no physical markers like homes, gates, driveways etc, it will be challenging to know where the property lines are without using the app. Onx Maps has a 7-day free trial, so you can download the app and use it for free. Just remember to cancel before the trial ends so you aren’t charged. If you have any questions about how to use OnX Hunt to walk the property lines, please call us before you go down to the property so we can walk you through it. This is a remote property – you may have a very difficult time without downloading maps and aerial images to your phone before leaving, GPS device is highly recommended.
Call Bob or Carly anytime to speak about this property at 760-607-3300.
Do Your Own Due Diligence: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP?
We are often asked why our properties are priced below market value, and the answer is really simple: we choose to sell to you at wholesale prices. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and discounted rates, and we strongly believe in passing this discount on to our buyers. All properties are sold free of all liens with clear title.
It is our hope that by providing excellent service to our buyers along with our unbeatable prices, our clients and buyers will spread the word, refer other buyers to us, and want to do business with us again in the future!