Cheap Land in Georgia near Magnolia Springs State Park
Just around the corner from Magnolia Springs State Park – between Waynesboro and Millen – this very buildable lot with utilities on-site and no restrictions offers great privacy, but keeps you close enough to the city and shopping when you need it.
- No Restrictions
- Direct Frontage on Paved Road
- Power On-Site
- Priced about 29% Below Market
- Very Buildable: Flat, No Floodplain
- Only 11 mins to Magnolia Springs State Park; 6 mins to downtown Millen
- Perfect Combination of Access & Privacy
PROPERTY: This 5 acre lot is moderately wooded but cleared paths for a driveway have been blazed by the power company, and it features about 63 feet of direct frontage on Perkins Road, a paved public road. An on-site power pole services the lot and the old, abandoned mobile home. A well and septic tank also served the home at one point and they still exist on-site. This lot’s flat topography and no floodplain encroachments will help jump-start your re-development. It’s ready for anything you have in mind, in fact, because there are no restrictions here! When you’re ready for natural adventure, the crystal clear waters of Magnolia Springs State Park await you only 11 minutes down the road, offering hiking, biking, picnicking, and boating on its 28-acre lake. Just 6 minutes in the other direction is the town of Millen, which features a wide selection of local eateries, fast food chains, and grocery stores, plus a medical center. The nearest Walmart is in Waynesboro, 22 minutes to the north, but if you need the full array of big box retailers, then Augusta is only about 35 minutes further up.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- SIZE: 5.0 acres
- ADDRESS (street # estimated): 924 Perkins Rd, Millen GA 30442
- GPS COORDINATES: 32.861080, -81.930780
- APN: 022-256
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: 5.0 AC FROM 022-251
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: none (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- MINERAL RIGHTS: transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): starting at NW corner (road) 245′ east x 364′ north x 816′ east x 254′ south x 787′ west x 179′ south x 303′ west x 63′ north to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: none, no wetlands
- ELEVATION: 225 feet
- TERRAIN: generally flat
- CONDITION: wooded, power pole and abandoned mobile home in center of lot
- ACCESS: 63 feet of direct frontage on Perkins Rd, a paved public road
- POWER: available with on-site power pole
- WATER: well exists but condition not guaranteed
- WASTEWATER: septic system exists but condition not guaranteed
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $101.23 in 2021
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: no zoning, NO RESTRICTIONS – do what you want with your land!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- No size/height restriction on homes/structures on the lot
- No setback requirements
- No time limit to build – leave the lot as-is for as long as you want or need.
- RVs, Campers, Mobile Homes, Cabins, “Shouses”, tiny-houses all permitted.
- Animals, livestock, etc. permitted.
- No HOA or CC+R’s
- Or, simply leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- HOA: none
- CELL COVERAGE: 5G thru AT&T and T-Mobile, 4G thru Verizon (according to Signal Checker here)
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Jenkins County Elementary – Jenkins County Middle – Jenkins County High
- NEAREST CITIES: Millen < Waynesboro < Augusta
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Augusta Regional (45 mins), Savannah Hilton Head International (1 hr 30 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- County Commissioner (478) 982-5263
- Assessor (478) 982-4939
- Clerk (478) 982-4683
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 32.861080, -81.930780.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
When you’re ready for natural adventure, the crystal clear waters of Magnolia Springs State Park await you only 11 minutes down the road, offering hiking, biking, picnicking, and boating on its 28-acre lake. Just 6 minutes in the other direction is the town of Millen, which features a wide selection of local eateries, fast food chains, and grocery stores, plus a medical center. The nearest Walmart is in Waynesboro, 22 minutes to the north, but if you need the full array of big box retailers, then Augusta is only about 35 minutes further up.
- RETAIL – B&T’s Food Market, Holley’s Family Market, Dollar General, Farmers Home Furniture, NAPA Auto Parts, many others
- RESTAURANTS – Dairy Queen, Popeyes, McDonald’s, Subway, Huddle House, Panda, many others
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, Jenkins County Medical Center, primary care doctors, pharmacy
- RECREATIONAL – Lincoln State Park, Ogeechee River
- RETAIL – Walmart, Tractor Supply Co, Dollar Tree, Walgreens, CVS, O’Reilly’s Auto Parts, many others
- RESTAURANTS – Dairy Queen, Subway, Sonic, Popeyes, Huddle House, Pizza Hut, McDonald’s, Zaxby’s, Wendy’s, Burger King, Taco Bell, KFC, Dunkin, many others
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, Burke Medical Specialists
- RECREATIONAL – Waynesboro Pond Park, Waynesboro Greenway Trail, Waynesboro Amusement Park
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
Rural 1st is America’s leading land lender for rural properties and they require as little as 15% down on a 10 or 15-year fixed land loan, with no PMI, and they prefer a credit score of 720 or better. Please contact Michael Wirth by phone or email at (502) 553-8152 or firstname.lastname@example.org. They do cover the state of Georgia.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.