Cheap Land in Indiana near Hardy Lake
Just 6 minutes from Hardy Lake and five minutes south of the small town of Deputy, this peaceful property is ready for your vision and offers the utilities to help make it happen.
- Power & Water Available
- No Deed Restrictions – mobile homes OK
- Very Buildable, No Floodplain
- Paved Road Frontage
- Only 6 mins from Hardy Lake!
- Priced about 11% Below Market
PROPERTY: Nestled on 2.3 acres of mostly wooded land, this former homesite offers endless possibilities for its next home. With power and water along the road frontage and an old septic tank on-site, you’ll experience a very seamless transition into your new life here. Boasting an impressive 266 feet of paved public road frontage on Henry Road, this property provides convenience and accessibility. No deed restrictions and easy Agriculture zoning open up a world of residential uses, from traditional homes to mobile homes, and even the potential for some commercial activities. With no floodplain or wetlands issues to interfere, let your imagination run wild as you bring your vision to life. Enjoy the tranquil surroundings of a peaceful neighborhood, providing a haven for relaxation and rejuvenation. For those seeking water-born adventures and some good fishing, you’re in luck. Hardy Lake, one of the region’s most vibrant recreational hotspots, is just a mere 6 minutes away. Imagine spending your days hiking scenic trails, hauling in largemouth bass, or simply enjoying a picnic by the shore. Just 22 minutes east, on the scenic Ohio River, lies the charmingly historic town of Madison, a true midwestern gem where you can choose one of several exhilarating boat trips or just stroll the vibrant downtown boasting galleries, quaint shops and cafes, antique stores, and the state’s oldest year-round farmer’s market. Plant your flag here today – don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity at an unbeatable Acretown price!
The best and most updated source of information on this property will always be at https://www.acretown.com/jeffersonin
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then Overlays.
- ADDRESS: 1023 N. Thomas Drive, Deputy IN 47230
- SIZE: 2.30 acres
- GPS COORDINATES: 38.751821, -85.639875
- APN: 39-06-28-000-021-005-001
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: 004-00563-05 SE SW 28-4-8 2.298A 4-31-8.8 1023 N THOMAS DR
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: none (get County’s boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- MINERAL RIGHTS: any mineral rights we own will convey to buyer (we have no knowledge of severance of mineral rights by a previous owner)
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): starting at SW corner, 266′ east (along road) x 24′ north x 67′ east x 70′ NE x 294′ north x 300′ SW x 289′ south to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: none, no wetlands
- ELEVATION: 670 feet
- TERRAIN: gently rolling
- CONDITION: undeveloped, wooded, former homesite
- ACCESS: 266 feet of direct frontage on W. Henry Road, a paved public road
- POWER: available along road
- WATER: available along road
- WASTEWATER: septic tank was installed with previous mobile home but condition not verified
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to any non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $357.60 in 2022
- HOA: none
- DEED RESTRICTIONS: none
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: AG – Agriculture
- one single-family or two-family home per parcel
- mobile homes, tiny homes, bardominiums allowed
- 600 sf minimum size for residential (no minimum for non-residential)
- setbacks: 50 feet from road, 20 feet from side, 10 feet from rear
- farming allowed (crops, livestock)
- several commercial uses allowed (like bed-and-breakfast, campground, kennels, day care)
- see full zoning regs here (starting at page 18)
- one single-family or two-family home per parcel
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Deputy (Elementary) – Madison Consolidated (Middle School) – Madison Consolidated (High School)
- NEAREST CITIES: Scottsburg < Madison < Louisville, KY
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Madison Municipal (18 mins), Louisville International (51 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
coming soon . . .
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can (1) confirm its availability (our land does sell fast), and (2) ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS coordinates 38.751821, -85.639875.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizontal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Bask in the small-town charm of America’s heartland while still enjoying easy access to multiple metropolitan centers. You’ll be minutes away from the convenient services and eateries of Scottsburg and its surrounding natural recreation areas, as well being centrally located between the cultural hubs of Louisville, Cincinnati, and Indianapolis. A mere 6 minutes to the northwest is the 741-acre Hardy Lake, where you can enjoy hiking, swimming, water-skiing and camping. This impressive state park also houses a raptor rehabilitation center and educates visitors about Indiana’s native populations of hawks, owls, falcons and vultures. 22 minutes east, on the scenic Ohio river, lies the charmingly historic town of Madison, a true midwestern gem where you can choose one of several exhilarating boat trips offered by Rockin’ Thunder River Tours, visit a stunning example of Greek Revival architecture at historic Lanier Mansion, or just stroll the vibrant downtown boasting galleries, quaint shops and cafes, antique stores, and the state’s oldest year-round farmer’s market. If you’re up for a longer trip (just over an hour and a half northeast), you won’t want to miss the world-renowned Cincinnati Zoo and Botanic Garden, known for its innovative rehabilitative work with endangered species, and its seamless blending of exotic flora and fauna. While you’re there, take in a Reds or Bengals game, tour one of the many breweries or museums, or experience the thrill of live dance or theater at their many performance venues.
NEARBY – Hardy Lake State Park (11 minutes), Clifty Falls State Park (20 mins), Scott County Heritage Center and Museum (17 mins), Rockin’ Thunder River Tours (24 mins), Lanier Mansion State Historic Site (22 mins), Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden (1 hr, 47 mins)
DEPUTY (5 mins, nearest grocery store – Family Dollar & Dollar General)
- RETAIL – Walmart, Save A Lot, Jay C, Stella’s Closet, The Hello Love Design Company, Goodwill
- RESTAURANTS – Sante Fe Mexican American, Cracker Barrel, The Square Bistro, Puerta Vallarta Mexican Restaurant, Denny’s, Waffle House, Burger King, Taco Bell, Wendy’s, Flipdaddy’s, Hardee’s, many more.
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes – hospital, doctors, specialists, dentists, veterinarian
- RECREATIONAL – Scott County Family YMCA, Family Fitness, Beechwood Park, Lake Iola
LOUISVILLE, KY – (48 minutes, nearest international airport and major metropolitan area offering a vibrant arts and live entertainment scene, home to many world class bourbon distilleries, fine dining and comfort food galore, sporting events, museums, and much more.)
OWNER FINANCING:We do offer owner-financing so if you’re interested in that route, please call, text (314-639-9777) or email (email@example.com) and we’ll be happy to provide the details.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for third-party financing will come from Rural 1st and their details are below:
Rural 1st is America’s leading land lender for rural properties and they require as little as 15% down on a 10 or 15-year fixed land loan, with no PMI, and they prefer a credit score of 720 or better. Please contact Michael Wirth by phone or email at (502) 553-8152 or firstname.lastname@example.org. They do serve Indiana.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.