Cheap Land in Nebraska near Fairbury
Just 11 minutes south of the Jefferson County seat of Fairbury lies these 6 lots originally platted in 1887 as part of the future city of Thompson, Nebraska. Fairbury, which once hosted the western headquarters for one of the Great Plains mightiest railroad companies — Rock Island Railroad — is still the heart of this region and the source of public water for many miles around.
- Priced below Market
- Direct Frontage on Paved Public Road
- Power & Water Available
- Very Flat & Buildable
- Seasonal Stream
PROPERTY: The 2.81 acres of cleared farmland here is made up of 6 different tracts, with the largest tract weighing at 1.12 acres. The 0.76 acre piece right next to it features about 295 feet of direct frontage on Highway 8, a paved public road. There are no structures on site, but power and water does run along the road frontage so the whole package is very ready for your development. It’s ready for just about anything, in fact, because the AGR (Agricultural Residential) zoning applied to these tracts comes with very few restrictions. The lot is generally flat but it varies slightly enough to feature a little seasonal, “blue-line” stream running east-west through the main pieces. Otherwise, it’s very buildable and this countryside neighborhood (named “Thompson” when it was originally platted in 1887) is very small and peaceful. Campers, fishermen, and nature lovers will enjoy living just 6 minutes from Buckley State Recreation Area & Lake, but you’re still close to all the city conveniences you need, with Fairbury and its Walmart just 11 minutes to the north. The capital city of Lincoln, home of the Nebraska Cornhuskers, is 80 minutes away and offers all the sports and big city excitement you’re looking for.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including viewing instructions – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- SIZE: 2.81 acres total
- GOOGLE “PLUS CODE” ADDRESS: 3P9V+W69 Thompson, Nebraska 68352
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot): 40.069797, -97.256890
- 480057508 = 0.12 acres (hereafter referred to as tract “08”, on the other side of the highway)
- 480056609 = 0.76 acres (hereafter referred to as tract “09”)
- 480058547 = 1.12 acres (hereafter referred to as tract “47”)
- 480057753 = 0.58 acres (hereafter referred to as tract “53”)
- 480058377 = 0.23 acres (hereafter referred to as tract “77”)
- SHORT LEGAL DESCRIPTIONS
- “08” = FR OF LOT 1 THRU 6 BLK 8 OT THOMPSON 10 S8 F8 1B A
- “09” = FR OF LOTS 5 THRU 20 & ALL OF LOTS 21 THRU 24 BLK 1 OT THOMPSON 10 S8 F8 1B A
- “47” = LOTS 1 THRU 14 BLK 2 OT THOMPSON 10 S8 F8 1B A
- “53” = LOTS 1 THRU 4 & FR OF LOTS 5 THRU 10 BLK 7 OT THOMPSON 10 S8 F8 1B A
- “77” = LOTS 26 THRU 28 BLK 2 OT THOMPSON 10 S8 F8 1B A
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here (check it out . . . from 1887!)
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate)
- “08” = starting at NW corner, 60 ft east x 6 ft south x 174 ft sw x 34 ft north x 108 ft ne to POB
- “09” = starting at NW corner, 212 ft east x 293 ft sw x 73 ft west x 255 ft north to POB
- “47” = rectangle, 140 ft x 462 ft
- “53” = rectangle, 140 ft x 126 ft
- “77” = rectangle, 140 ft x 99 ft
- FLOODPLAIN: none
- ELEVATION: 1381 feet
- TERRAIN: generally flat
- CONDITION: cleared farmland, no structures
- ACCESS (approximate): 295 feet of direct frontage along Highway 8, a paved public road
- POWER: available along road
- WATER: available from Little Blue Public Water Project 402-729-6134 x 3 (see map here)
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- CELL COVERAGE: 5G thru T-Mobile, 4G thru AT&T and Verizon (according to Signal Checker here)
- TAXES: $136.42 in 2020, for all five tracts combined
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: zoned AGR – Agricultural Residential District (read full document here, specifically pages 23-27)
- single family homes, farms, irrigations projects, public parks, schools, and churches allowed
- mobile homes allowed
- many other uses may be permitted (check full document)
- setbacks for home:
- front: 58 feet from center line of road
- side: 25 feet from property line
- rear: 25 feet from property line
- HOA: none
- NEAREST CITIES: Fairbury < Lincoln < Kansas City
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Lincoln Airport (1 hour 20 mins), Kansas City International (3 hours)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 40.069797, -97.256890.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary files (called a KML or KMZ file) here: 08, 09a, 09b, 47, 53, and 77. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Campers, fishermen, and nature lovers will enjoy living just 6 minutes from Buckley State Recreation Area & Lake, but you’re still close to all the city conveniences you need, with Fairbury and its Walmart just 11 minutes to the north. The capital city of Lincoln, home of the Nebraska Cornhuskers, is 80 minutes away and offers all the sports and big city excitement you’re looking for.
- RETAIL: Walmart, Dollar General, Bedlan’s Sporting Goods, pet store, tire store, many others
- RESTAURANTS – McDonald’s, Griffey’s Steakhouse, Casey’s, Pizza Hut, many others
- MED SERVICES? Yes, urgent care, family doctors, dentists, vet
- RECREATIONAL – Little Blue River, Rock Island Railroad Depot, Fairbury City Park, Jefferson County Speedway, Softball Complex, Crystal Springs Campground
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.