YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
Cheap Land in Georgia near Hazlehurst & Altamaha River
You’ll find Hazlehurst, Georgia where the Ocmulgee and Oconee rivers meet to form the mighty Altamaha River, and you’ll find this ready-to-build property right in the thick of this natural beauty. Lying equidistant between Hazlehurst and it’s marquee outdoor adventure spot, Towns Bluff Park, this property is perfectly located for enjoying both city convenience and the freedom of the country.
- No Restrictions
- Direct Paved Road Frontage
- Priced approximately 41% below market!
- Power Available
- Only 7 mins to Hazlehurst & Major Retail
- Very Flat and Buildable
- Graded Driveway
- Partially Cleared
PROPERTY: This 9.3 acre rectangular lot is partially cleared and moderately wooded with a graded driveway, and it features about 258 feet of direct frontage on Towns Bluff Road, a paved public road. There are no structures on site, but the terrain is very flat, with no floodplain issues, and power does run along the road frontage so the whole package is very ready for your development. It’s ready for anything, in fact, because there are no restrictions here! This lightly populated countryside neighborhood is very peaceful but when you’re ready for city action, Hazlehurst is only 7 minutes away and offers mainstream shopping like Walmart and Piggly Wiggly. You’ve moved to the right place if you’re more outdoorsy though, because this is “Three Rivers” territory, hosting the confluence of the Ocmulgee and Oconee rivers to form the mighty Altamaha River. Fishing these waters will net you abundance of largemouth bass, sunfish, bluegill, and several different species of catfish. When you’re ready to kick it up a notch, take a two hour drive to the coast to visit one of the South’s crown jewel cities of Savannah, Georgia. Experience the peace and freedom of the country here, without sacrificing the city conveniences you’ve come to expect.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including viewing instructions – so please keep reading!
Priced about 41% Below the Market!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- SIZE: 9.3 acres
- ADDRESS (street # estimated): 528 Towns Bluff Rd, Hazlehurst, GA 31539
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot): 31.927258, -82.560107
- APN: 0069-023H
- ABBREVIATED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: LL 596 & 605
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): starting at NW corner 258 ft east x 1602 ft south x 258 ft west x 1580 ft north to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: none
- ELEVATION: 220 feet
- TERRAIN: mostly flat
- CONDITION: no structures, partially cleared with graded drive, partially wooded
- ACCESS: about 258 feet of direct frontage on Towns Bluff Rd, a paved public road
- POWER: available along road
- WATER: well would be necessary
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- CELL COVERAGE: 5G with AT&T and T-Mobile, 4G with Verizon (according to Signal Checker here)
- TAXES: $183.21 in 2020
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: no zoning, NO RESTRICTIONS – do what you want with your land!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- No size/height restriction on homes/structures on the lot
- No setback requirements
- No time limit to build – leave the lot as-is for as long as you want or need.
- RVs, Campers, Mobile Homes, Cabins, “Shouses”, tiny-houses all permitted.
- Animals, livestock, etc. permitted.
- No HOA or CC+R’s
- Or, simply leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- HOA: none
- NEAREST CITIES: Hazlehurst < Vidalia < Savannah
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Savannah/Hilton Head International (2 hours)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- Assessor 912-375-6624
- Clerk 912-375-6611
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 31.927258, -82.560107.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
This lightly populated countryside neighborhood is very peaceful but when you’re ready for city action, Hazlehurst is only 7 minutes away and offers mainstream shopping like Walmart and Piggly Wiggly. You’ve moved to the right place if you’re more outdoorsy though, because this is “Three Rivers” territory, hosting the confluence of the Ocmulgee and Oconee rivers to form the mighty Altamaha River. Fishing these waters will net you abundance of largemouth bass, sunfish, bluegill, and several different species of catfish. When you’re ready to kick it up a notch, take a two hour drive to the coast to visit one of the South’s crown jewel cities of Savannah, Georgia. Experience the peace and freedom of the country here, without sacrificing the city conveniences you’ve come to expect.
JEFF DAVIS COUNTY: Towns Bluff Park & Altamaha River (8 mins), Ocmulgee River, Oconee River
HAZLEHURST (7 minutes, nearest city & Walmart)
- RETAIL – Walmart, Piggly Wiggly, Tractor Supply Co, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, O’Reilly Auto, Three Rivers Meat Company, CVS, many others
- RESTAURANTS – McDonald’s, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Subway, Arby’s, Little Caesar’s, Insane Wangz, Pigout BBQ, Popeyes, Huddle House, Dairy Queen, many others
- MED SERVICES? Yes, Jeff Davis Hospital, Dentists, Vet
- RECREATIONAL – Jeff Davis Country Club & Golf Course, Twisted Pine Golf Course, Floyd Lake, Ocmulgee River, Oconee River
SAVANNAH (2 hours, nearest major metro, “one of the world’s friendliest cities”)
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.