YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
Cheap Land in Mississippi near Heidelberg
Heidelberg is one of Mississippi’s most prolific producers of natural resources like oil, timber, and livestock, and this property is located just 20 minutes from Lake Claude Bennett, a 71-acre lake popular with both bass fishermen and water sports enthusiasts. Historic Laurel, Mississippi, where the hit HGTV show “Home Town” is based, lies just 23 minutes to the south.
- No Restrictions
- Spring-fed Pond
- Cleared Half-Acre Site Ready for New Home
- All Utilities On-Site (power, water, sewer)
- Paved Road Frontage
- Priced about 32% Below Market
- Flat + No Floodplain = Very Buildable
PROPERTY: This 22.3 acre generally flat lot features a 28,000+ square foot clearing and driveway at the far northwest corner. The mobile home displayed in some of the photos has since been removed. The rest of the land is wooded, with a spring-fed pond near the southeast corner of the lot, about 85 feet from the road. That road is County Road 35, a paved public street, and it offers about 1200 feet of direct frontage to this parcel. All utilites are available and there are no floodplain encroachments, so the whole package is very ready for further development. It’s ready for anything, in fact, because there are no restrictions here! With this much flat, dry acreage, paved road frontage, and utility availablity inside a county that’s buoyed by a vibrant natural resource industry, this would also be a great investment for anyone looking to subdivide and sell. A high school and elementary school shares your southern boundary, with a church and a three homes on the other side of the street. So, even though you’re only one minute from the freeway (US 59), the area is not highly developed — a win-win for both quick access to travel and a more peaceful, rural lifestyle. Heidelberg is your local town about 5 minutes down the road and you can grocery shop at Dollar General or Family Dollar or grab a bite to eat. Lakes, rivers, and natural springs are bountiful in Jasper County, and Lake Claude Bennett, just 20 minutes to the north, is sure to delight any fisherman or water sports lover. Historic downtown Laurel is about the same distance in the other direction and is one of the most charming towns in the entire state – a fact not lost on the folks that run HGTV, who now film the hit show “Home Town” here. As a regional shopping hub offering big box retailers like Walmart and Lowe’s, it’s also highly practical.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- SIZE: 22.3 acres
- ADDRESS (street # estimated): 1655 County Road 35, Heidelberg, MS 39439
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot): 31.926616, -88.995875
- APN: 0123-17-000-013.00
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: NW SW LESS 9.70A LYING N & E O F H & P RD & LESS 8A M/L SE/C W OF RD LESS R/W DB 110/583 02/13/04 DB 53-169 07/09/81
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: none (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): starting at NE corner, 1202′ SE (along road) x 613′ west x 522′ south x 573′ west x 1320′ north x 313′ east to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: none
- ELEVATION: 416 feet
- TERRAIN: generally flat
- CONDITION: mostly wooded & undeveloped, pond (3500 sf), half-acre clearing w/utilities @ NW corner
- ACCESS: approximately 1202 feet of direct road frontage along County Road 35
- POWER: available thru Southern Pine (electric) & Centerpoint Energy (gas)
- WATER: available thru Philadelphia Water
- WASTEWATER: available
- CELL COVERAGE: 5G thru T-Mobile, 4G thru Verizon and AT&T (according to Signal Checker here)
- TAXES: $82.73 in 2021
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: no zoning, NO RESTRICTIONS – do what you want with your land!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- No size/height restriction on homes/structures on the lot
- No setback requirements
- No time limit to build – leave the lot as-is for as long as you want or need.
- RVs, Campers, Mobile Homes, Cabins, “Shouses”, tiny-houses all permitted.
- Animals, livestock, etc. permitted.
- No HOA or CC+R’s
- Or, simply leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- HOA: none
- NEAREST CITIES: Heidelberg < Laurel < Jackson
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Hattiesburg-Laurel Regional (40 mins), Jackson-Medgar Evers International (90 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- Assessor/Treasurer (601) 727-4971
- Clerk/Recorder (601) 727-4941
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 31.926616, -88.995875.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Heidelberg is your local town about 5 minutes down the road and you can grocery shop at Dollar General or Family Dollar or grab a bite to eat. Lakes, rivers, and natural springs are bountiful in Jasper County, and Lake Claude Bennett, just 20 minutes to the north, is sure to delight any fisherman or water sports lover. Historic downtown Laurel is about the same distance in the other direction and is one of the most charming towns in the entire state – a fact not lost on the folks that run HGTV, who now film the hit show “Home Town” here. As a regional shopping hub offering big box retailers like Walmart and Lowe’s, it’s also highly practical.
JASPER COUNTY/NEARBY: Lake Claude Bennett (20 mins), Lake Eddins (25 mins) Breckenridge Farms (25 mins), Dunn’s Falls Park (30 mins), Landrum’s Homestead & Village, Archusa Water Park (30 mins), Clarkco State Park & Lake
HEIDELBERG (6 minutes, nearest grocery store)
- RETAIL: Dollar General, Family Dollar, King One Stop, Napa Auto Parts
- RESTAURANTS – Fly Gyz Grill, R&S Seafood
LAUREL (23 minutes, nearest Walmart)
- RETAIL – Walmart, Lowe’s, Harbor Freight Tools, Tractor Supply Co, Dollar General, Walgreens, Kroger, many others
- RESTAURANTS – McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Chick-fil-A, Texas PitMaster BBQ, Edgar’s Steakhouse, Applebee’s, Church’s, Taco Bell, Hardee’s, Pizza Hut, Raising Cane’s, Checkers, Arby’s, Burger King, Popeye’s, Dickey’s BBQ, many others
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, South Central Regional Med Center, family doctors, specialists, dentists, animal hospital
- RECREATIONAL – Historic Downtown Laurel (Pinehurst, Leontyne Price, Trustmark parks), Tallahalla Creek, Boston Park, Country Lanes Bowling
JACKSON (1 hr 40 mins, nearest major metro)
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. In this case, we think Merchants & Planners Bank in Heidelberg is your best option. Call Bill at (601) 787-3431. They offer land loans for 35% down, don’t have minimum credit scores, and their current land loan interest rate = 4.5%, as of 7/25/22.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.