Cheap Land In Missouri
If you’re looking to get away from it all, this remote and private property in Iron County, Missouri is for you. Nestled in an area abundant with turkeys and deer, this large, 40 acre parcel is custom made as an off-grid hunting retreat.
The feeling of quiet, privacy and remoteness is enhanced due to the fact that this parcel is surrounded by forest with 50 foot tall trees – all the parcels that surround it are wooded, with no improvements or structures.
Hunting and Timber Land For Sale In Iron County Missouri
This property is just 15 minutes from Annapolis, MO, which is a small town where you can access basic amenities such as a market, dollar store, post office, etc..
For everything else, Farmington is just under an hour away. Here, you can find almost everything you could need: Walmart, Walgreens, Lowe’s, doctors, many restaurants, hotels, activities and even a Hobby Lobby. If you prefer some relaxation try the Parkland’s abundance of wineries or fine dining establishments. Most offer musical entertainment on weekends between April and October.
If you’re in the mood to live it up in the big city, St. Louis is just about 2 hours away and, of course, the “Gateway to the West” also serves as the gateway to any activity your heart could desire.
This property is within close proximity to several of Missouri’s best outdoor recreation spots. Just a few minutes away you can find:
- Johnson’s Shut-Ins State Park – The wilderness qualities and geology of the park and the surrounding St. Francois Mountains make a special place to visit. Its rugged character provides the perfect backdrop for camping, hiking, picnicking, splashing in the shut-ins, exploring nature or just relaxing.
- Mark Twain National Forest – Missouri’s only national forest! It’s characterized by large permanent springs, caves, rocky barren glades, old volcanic mountains and nationally-recognized streams. It also has many beautiful rivers, lakes, and streams, offering a number of water activities, including boating and canoeing, and fishing. As for hiking, there are a wide variety of trails covering some 742 miles of the Ozarks. Trails differ greatly in length and difficulty. A few are restricted to hikers only, but many are open to mountain bikes and horses, and two areas are set aside for ATV and motorcycle enthusiasts. Mark Twain National Forest offers many campgrounds with spacious, secluded sites in a forested setting. Many are beside sparkling lakes or clear rivers. Some are located at trailheads.
- Roger Pryor Pioneer Backcountry– Missouri’s largest privately-owned forest. The foundation donates its lease of the more than 50 miles of the Trails of the Roger Pryor Pioneer Backcountry to the Missouri Department of Natural Resources for the enjoyment of visitors to Missouri State Parks.
- Ozark National Scenic Riverway – Some of the best floating rivers you’ll find anywhere – namely the Current and Jacks Fork Rivers! The clean, clear waters of the two beautiful rivers provide excellent opportunities for johnboating, canoeing, swimming, fishing, tubing, hiking and bird watching. Hunting is also allowed within the Riverways’ boundaries, except around developed areas. The landscape is predominantly rural with oak-pine forests and occasional open fields. Fishing, hunting, and johnboating continue to gain in popularity. However, camping, canoeing, floating in tubes and sightseeing are the most popular recreation activities at Ozark NSR. Horseback riding, picnicking and hiking are also popular activities. Most hiking is done in the spring and fall seasons.
Call Scott directly at 760-607-3300 if you have any questions or would like to discuss making an offer. There’s lots more info – including viewing instructions – below, so make sure to keep reading!
- 40.00 Acres
- Iron County, Missouri; 63620
- Nearest cities/towns: Annapolis, Fredericktown, Farmington
- APN: 16-5.0-22-00-00-000-003.0000
- Legal Description: SECTION: 22; TWP: 31; RNG: 4E; BLOCK: ; LOT: ; DEEDED ACRES: 40.000 22-31-4E SW1/4NW1/4 BP;437-705
- GPS Coordinates (center of lot): 37.358011, -90.601211
- Dimensions (approximate – lot not surveyed): 1204 feet x 1282 feet x 1242 feet x 1281 feet
- This property is NOT in a flood zone.
- Elevation: 754 Ft
- Terrain: rolling
- Access: dirt ranch road, but legal road access will require a private easement(s) agreement
- Wastewater: Septic system necessary
- Water: Well necessary
- Electricity: none. Local power company is Black River Electric Co-Op (573)223-4153
- Annual Taxes: $17.54 in 2020
- Zoning: NONE – do what you want with your land!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- No size/height restriction on homes/structures on the lot
- No setback requirements
- No time limit to build – leave the lot as-is for as long as you want or need.
- RVs, Campers, Mobile Homes, Cabins, “Shouses”, tiny-houses all permitted.
- Animals, livestock etc permitted
- No HOA or CC+R’s
- Or, simply leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- Iron County Website + Contacts
There is no legal road access to this property at the moment. Some ranch roads exist throughout the area but, to use those for access to this property, you would need to negotiate an agreement with the owner(s) of those roads. One such road leads to the southeast corner of this property and runs 1.2 miles to the southeast before connecting with Bob Brown Road. Another ranch road runs close to the southwest corner of this property and eventually connects to State Highway F about 1.5 miles away but, again, this is a privately owned road and would require the buyer to negotiate an access agreement with the owners in order to use it.
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there. At a minimum, we recommend that you download and print this one-page printable Property Summary:
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: click HERE to open the destination in GoogleMaps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and GoogleMaps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 37.358011, -90.601211.
OnXHunt (details below) is a virtual necessity if you want to find the exact location of this property.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES: to walk the property lines, we highly recommend an app called OnX Hunt, which uses your phone’s GPS system to show you property boundary lines, and allow you to walk them in real-time. You can follow THIS LINK to open the lot on OnXHunt (you’ll need to be logged in already to open it). Make sure to save it as an Offline Map before you head out so that you can use the app even if you lose cell service. Because the lot is wooded, and surrounded by wooded lots, this is by far the best method to follow the boundary lines of the property. We highly recommend ensuring you have this all taken care of before you head out there!
They have a 7-day free trial, so you can download the app and use it for free. Just remember to cancel before the trial ends so you aren’t charged. If you have any questions about how to use OnX Hunt to walk the property lines, or download the directions, please call us before you go down to the property so we can walk you through it.
Call Scott directly at 760.607.3300 if you’d like to discuss making an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: we are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: we do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why our properties are priced below market value, and the answer is really simple: we choose to sell to you at wholesale prices. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and discounted rates, and we strongly believe in passing this discount on to our buyers.
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.