YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
Cheap Land in Utah in East Great Basin Mountain Range
Part of the Indian Peak Range that overlooks the Hamblin Valley in southwestern Utah, this is a beautiful camping base for any adventurous outdoorsman, stargazer, or elk hunter. This property features its own 7100 ft mountain in the middle of the lot but hike just one-third of a mile to the south, through BLM land, and you’ll ascend to one of the tallest peaks in the entire area — a 7800+ ft beast whose summit presents you with an unbridled view of the broad expanses of the high desert valleys to the east and south. These are the same valleys that Jebediah Smith himself, the famous early 1800’s mountain man, explored as he blazed trails from Utah to California.
- Borders BLM land
- Priced Well Below Market
- Direct Road Frontage
- No Restrictions
- Perfect for Camping, Hiking, Stargazing, and Elk Hunting
PROPERTY: Owning this mountainous, rectagular 9.74 acre parcel is like owning your own little state park. Not only do you have your own mini-mountain on-site, but you have tremendous hiking and wildlife (like elk) all around you. Fortunately, you don’t have to hike to get here though, as the legal dirt road West 14600 North Street will take you right to the front property line and covers 330 feet of it. The property is undeveloped and is flatter towards the road, but then drastically slopes up to 7100+ ft peak in the center of the lot — that’s your everyday hike! As you hike further and towards the south border of the property, you’ll climb in altitude and then eventually cross into BLM land as you ascend to an impressive 7800+ ft peak that offers beautiful 360 views of the Indian Peak mountain range and the valleys below. This parcel is part of a tiny pocket of privately-owned land (“Wheelers View”) amidst an enormous sea of BLM land, so there is very little for sale in this area. This is obviously a perfect long-term camping spot but feel free to build here too. Build whatever want, in fact, because there are no restrictions! If you want to install a portable power system, it’s a great spot for solar. The nearest city for stocking up on basic supplies is an hour and 15 minutes away in Enterprise, where you can buy groceries at Family Dollar or Carter’s before heading out to one of the American West’s natural crown jewels — Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks. Cedar City, an hour and 40 minutes to the east, proudly stands guard as the tourist gateway to these two iconic parks, hosts big box stores like Walmart and Home Depot, and also serves as the Iron County seat. As if you needed more, Brian Head Ski Resort, Cedar Breaks National Monument, and dozens of other peaks, hiking trails, lakes, rivers, smaller parks and wildlife areas also dot this region, which is renowned as one of the most gorgeous high deserts in the world.
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
We could find no other tracts currrently for sale in this part of Iron County that bordered BLM land. The many benefits of having the BLM as your neighbor include access to more plentiful and diverse wildlife, no future neighbors, and simply more land in your backyard to explore and enjoy.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including viewing instructions – so please keep reading!
After opening this map, you may see more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- SIZE: 9.74 acres
- ADDRESS (street # estimated): 10105 W 14600 N, Beryl UT 84714
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot): 37.97249, -113.885846
- APN: 02-093-84
- LEGAL DESCRIPTION: E1/2 LOT 26, WHEELER VIEW SUBDIVISION (download land patent here)
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: reserved by the State of Utah; no water rights
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): rectangular, 330′ (along road) x 1285′
- FLOODPLAIN: not USGS surveyed — no wetlands exist on-site
- ELEVATION: 7179 feet
- TERRAIN: gradual slope w/abrupt foothill in center of lot
- CONDITION: not developed, moderately wooded (junipers and other evergreens)
- ACCESS: 330 feet of direct road frontage on 14600 St
- POWER: not available, off-grid (solar will work well here)
- WATER: not available
- WASTEWATER: not available (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $82.52 in 2021
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: no zoning, NO RESTRICTIONS – do what you want with your land!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- No size/height restriction on homes/structures on the lot
- No setback requirements
- No time limit to build – leave the lot as-is for as long as you want or need.
- RVs, Campers, Mobile Homes, Cabins, “Shouses”, tiny-houses all permitted.
- Animals, livestock, etc. permitted.
- No HOA or CC+R’s
- Or, simply leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- HOA: none
- NEAREST CITIES: Enterprise < Cedar City < Las Vegas, NV
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Cedar City Regional Airport (1 hr 40 mins), Las Vegas International (4 hours)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- Assessor (435) 477-8310
- Treasurer (435) 477-8360
- Recorder (435) 477-8350
- Clerk (435) 477-8340
- Planning & Zoning (435) 865-5350
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 37.97249, -113.885846.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
The nearest city for stocking up on basic supplies is an hour and 15 minutes away in Enterprise, where you can buy groceries at Family Dollar or Carter’s before heading out to one of the American West’s natural crown jewels — Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks. Cedar City, an hour and 40 minutes to the east, proudly stands guard as the tourist gateway to these two iconic parks, hosts big box stores like Walmart and Home Depot, and also serves as the Iron County seat. As if you needed more, Brian Head Ski Resort, Cedar Breaks National Monument, and dozens of other peaks, hiking trails, lakes, rivers, smaller parks and wildlife areas also dot this region, which is renowned as one of the most gorgeous high deserts in the world.
IRON COUNTY: Zion National Park (2 hrs 30 mins), Brian Head Resort (2 hrs 15 mins), Cedar Breaks National Monument (2 hrs 10 mins), Mt. Elenore, Steamboat Mountain
ENTERPRISE (1 hr 15 mins, nearest grocery store)
- RETAIL: Family Dollar, True Value Hardware, Carter’s Market, Sinclair Gas
- RESTAURANTS – The Cafe, Marvs Drive-In
CEDAR CITY (1 hr 40 mins, nearest Walmart, “Your Connection to the National Parks”)
- RETAIL – Walmart, Smith’s Food and Drug, Home Depot, Love’s Travel Stop, Walgreens, O’Reilly Auto, Ross, TJ Maxx, Sportsman’s Warehouse, Harbor Freight, many others
- RESTAURANTS – McDonald’s, Del Taco, Starbucks, Jack in the Box, Chipotle, Costa Vida, Applebees, Panda Express, Culver’s, Chick fil-A, IHOP, Arby’s, Taco Bell, Zaxby’s, Jimmy John’s, Burger King, Wendy’s, Subway, many others
- MED SERVICES – Cedar City Hospital, chiropractic clinic, pharamcies, rehab, animal hospital
- RECREATIONAL – Cedar Bowling Center, Cedar Ridge Golf Course, Frontier Homestead State Park Museum, Aquatic Center, Stephens Canyon, Rainbow Canyon, Fiddlers Canyon, Lake at the Hills, Iron Hills Trail System, Quichapa Lake, Red Hollow Trail, Thunderbird Garden Trail, Greens Lake Trail, many other trails
LAS VEGAS, NV (4 hours, nearest major metro)
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union in Cedar City and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.