Cheap Land in Virginia near Martinsville
Just down the street from the Smith River to the north and Martinsville Speedway to the east, and a few minutes from downtown Martinsville, this lot offers a creek and the peaceful seclusion you want, without sacrificing the city conveniences you need.
- Creek On-site
- Broad # of Uses: Farming, Mobile Homes OK
- Priced about 18% Below Market
- Peaceful, Secluded Neighborhood
- 5 Minutes from Major Shopping + Smith River
- Paved Road Frontage
- Power Available
PROPERTY: Welcome to your private little paradise, nestled in the foothills of Virginia’s Blue Ridge mountains. This incredible 2.25-acre property is a lush wooded landscape that offers refreshing views from its ridge top, and the creek that runs through the front half of the lot adds even more tranquility to this unique retreat. The loose agricultural zoning on this land allows for a wide variety of residential and commercial uses – including mobile and tiny homes – to take full advantage of these natural surroundings. With 193 feet of direct frontage on Dug Mountain Rd, a secluded, paved public road lined with power, you get the benefits that come with living close to town (5 minutes away from Martinsville city amenities like big box shopping and the Martinsville Speedway) without sacrificing your peace and privacy. You definitely get that exclusive neighborhood feel here without any of those HOA fees or restrictions. And don’t forget about easy access to outdoor recreation – launch your kayak into the beautiful Smith River just 6 minutes down the street! For a bigger splash and some great bass and walleye fishing, Philpott Lake is only 20 minutes to the northwest. This really is an opportunity not to be missed – grab it today and an unbeatable Acretown price!
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree! And Creek Lots are Hard to Find!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then Overlays.
- SIZE: 2.25 acres
- ADDRESS (street # not official – use GPS for navigation): 401 Dug Mountain Rd, Martinsville VA 24112
- GPS COORDINATES: 36.648306, -79.902222
- APN: 180820000
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: OLD STUART RD TRACT 2
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: none (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- MINERAL RIGHTS: any mineral rights we own will convey to buyer (we have no knowledge of severance of mineral rights by a previous owner)
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): starting at SW corner, 193′ NE (along road) x 501′ to SE x 243′ SW x 536′ NW to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: none
- ELEVATION: 892 feet
- TERRAIN: sloped w/flatter build sites
- CONDITION: undeveloped, wooded
- ACCESS: 193 feet of direct frontage on Dug Mountain Rd, a paved public road
- POWER: available
- WATER: well would need to be installed
- WASTEWATER: septic system would need to be installed
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $24.98 in 2022
- HOA: none
- DEED RESTRICTIONS: none
- ZONING: A-1 Agricultural (summarized below, see full rules here)
- mobile/manufactured homes OK as primary home
- two-family homes & duplexes OK
- general farming, farm animals OK
- many commercial uses OK if approved by Zoning Board
- setbacks: 35′ from road, 15′ from side, 50′ from rear
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Rich Acres (Elementary) – Martinsville (Middle School) – Magna Vista (High School)
- NEAREST CITIES: Martinsville < Greensboro
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Martinsville Airport (10 mins), Greensboro-Piedmont International (47 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- Assessor (276) 634-4610
- Henry County GIS
- Treasurer (276) 634-4675
- Real Esate (276) 634-4695
- Planning & Zoning (276) 634-4620
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 36.648306, -79.902222.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizontal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Recreational opportunities abound here, with the scenic Smith River, just 5 minutes away, and picturesque Philpott Lake, nestled among the foothills of Virginia’s Blue Ridge mountains, 20 minutes to the northwest. This regional mecca spans 3,000 acres and offers boating, swimming, picnicking, hiking, biking, hunting, fishing, and wildlife observation. NASCAR enthusiasts will love living so close to Martinsville Speedway only 8 minutes away. This lot lies on the edge of the city of Martinsville, which hosts a Walmart, several big box stores, local eateries, fast food chains, and medical centers, but if you’re looking for the full spectrum of retailers, you can find them in Greensboro, just about an hour to the south.
NEARBY – Philpott Lake Philpott Marina (20 minutes), Smith River South Martinsville Canoe Launch (5 minutes), Martinsville Speedway (8 minutes), Tee’em Up Horse Pasture Driving Golf Course (8 minutes), Fairy Stone State Park (22 minutes), Mayo River State Park (25 minutes), Hanging Rocks State Park (42 minutes).
MARTINSVILLE (6 minutes, nearest grocery store and Walmart, county seat)
- RETAIL – Walmart, Lowe’s, Food Lion, Martinsville Plaza, Mountainview Shopping Center, Patrick Henry Mall, Stop & Shop Food Mart, Kroger, Community Market, Aldi, Marshalls, Big Lots, Dollar General and many more.
- RESTAURANTS – Wild Magnolia, Skips Restaurant, Third Bay Cafe LLC, Applebee’s Grill + Bar, Mi Ranchito, La Plazita, Checkered Pig BBQ & Ribs, Taco Bell, Hardee’s, Arby’s, McDonald’s, and many more.
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, Hamdy Medical Center, MedExpress Urgent Care, PATHS Community Medical Center, Children’s Medical Center, Ltd., Martinsville Family Medicine, CVS, Walgreens, Cavaliers Pharmacare.
- RECREATIONAL – Virginia Museum of Natural History, Southside Park, Jack Dalton Park, Forest Park Country Club, and more.
GREENSBORO (57 minutes, nearest major city)
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: At this price range (less than $20K), we recommend pursuing a personal loan from your bank or credit union as the easiest and quickest way to secure financing.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.