YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
Cheap Land in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina
About 4500+ feet towards the sky and at the edge of America’s most visited national park — Smoky Mountains National Park — lies this vacant slice of the Blue Ridge mountains. Ascend just a little farther up the mountain, only two-and-a-half miles away, to go skiing at one of America’s southernmost ski resorts — Cataloochee Ski Resort — or descend just 3 miles to the mountain resort town of Maggie Valley for some family fun and great local dining.
- Surrounded by Smoky Mountain adventure
- Ski Resort only two-and-a-half miles away
- Pre-existing Driveway Access
- Amazing Views!
- Priced about 35% Below Market
- Power & Water Available
PROPERTY: This 1.09 acre lot is wooded with a paved driveway that allows access to Scenic View Drive, a winding mountain road that fronts this property for about 946 feet and switches back around its southern tip to give this property its triangular shape. The driveway is a deeded easement that was granted to the neighbor many years ago so it may be used by by either landowner. There are no buildings on site but power and water does run along the road frontage so it’s ready for your development. Despite being part of a landowners association (Smokey Shadows Estates), annual dues are extremely low (only $100 for road maintenance) and the property comes with just one restriction (no mobile homes). While the property is sloped overall, it does offer a flatter pad site within it to build your dream mountain retreat, much like the neighbors have done along the same road. This is a beautiful, peaceful, high end neighborhood and you can become a part of it at a discount price. When you’re ready for natural adventure, the Cataloochee Ski Resort is right up the road but your options here, on the edge of Smoky Mountain National Park, are nearly limitless. The closest hike is probably Waterrock Knob (from Soco Gap) just 12 minutes away through the resort town of Maggie Valley, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg when you’re looking for outdoor fun. For water lovers, the scenic Lake Junaluska is only 20 minutes away in Waynesville, a large town that offers a Walmart and other major retail. Live here and enjoy the serenity and beauty of the mountains without sacrificing the conveniences of the city.
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to discuss an offer.
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- SIZE: 1.09 acres*
- POSTAL ADDRESS (ESTIMATED): 745 Scenic View Rd, Maggie Valley, NC 28751
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot): 35.540251, -83.099799
- APN: 7687-06-6785
- LEGAL DESCRIPTION: #4 UNIT 21 SMOKEY SHADOWS ESTATES
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here (also, get boundary/KML file here – works with Google Earth)
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): triangular, from NW corner 299′ east x 436′ south (along road ) x 510′ north (along road)
- FLOODPLAIN: none
- ELEVATION: 4562 feet
- TERRAIN: sloped (but buildable)
- CONDITION: wooded, driveway
- ACCESS: paved driveway built and used by neighbor (legally) that connects to Scenic View Drive
- POWER: available (details coming soon)
- WATER: available (details coming soon)
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- CELL COVERAGE: currently 4G (according to Signal Checker here)
- TAXES: $121.91 in 2020
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: no mobile homes
- HOA/LOA: Smokey Shadows Estates ($100 per year for road maintenace)
- EASEMENT: neighbor’s driveway cuts across NW corner of property (legal recorded easement)
- NEAREST CITIES: Maggie Valley < Waynesville < Asheville < Knoxville, TN
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Asheville Regional Airport (1 hour), Knoxville McGhee Tyson (2 hours)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
* potential bonus acreage: MapRight actually calculates it at 1.20 acres but we’ve priced it based on the deeded acreage of 1.09.
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 35.540251, -83.099799.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
HAYWOOD COUNTY: Smoky Mountains of North Carolina, Cataloochee Ski Area, Sunburst Falls, Graveyard Fields, Black Balsam Knob, Sam’s Summits Loop Trail, Mount Pisgah, Mount Cammerer, Mouse Creek Falls, Shining Rock Wilderness, Mount Sterling, Blue Ridge Parkway (“America’s Favorite Drive”), Lake Junaluska, Smoky Mountain Sk8way & Fun Zone, Tube World
- RETAIL: Soco Grocercies & Meat, Dollar General, Suttons Trading Post, Maggie Valley ABC Store, Maggie Mountaineer Crafts, Maggie Valley Skis and Trees, many others
- RESTAURANTS – Cafe Italiano Pizzeria, Snappy’s Italian, Pop’s Biscuits, Burgers, & BBQ, Brickhouse Burgers & Pizza, Joey’s Pancake House, Mountaineer Restaurant & Fireside Cottages, Cataloochee Ranch, Ammons Drive-In & Dairy Bar, Maggie Valley Restaurant, Pavino’s Pizzeria, Salty Dog’s Seafood & Grill, Legends Sports Grill, Organic Beans Coffee, many others
- RECREATIONAL – Heritage Trout Waters, Maggie Valley Carpet Golf, Stompin’ Grounds, Mountain View Creek Park, Dale’s Wheels Through Time Museum
- RETAIL – Walmart, Lowe’s Home Improvement, Tractor Supply, Publix, PetSmart, Best Buy, Walgreens, CVS, Staples, many others
- RESTAURANTS – Shoney’s, Little Caesars, Chick-fil-A, Waffle House, Starbucks, Wendy’s, Zaxby’s, Kobe Express, Taco Bell, Huddle House, Clyde’s, Bojangles, Dickey’s BBQ, many others
- SERVICES: Haywood Regional Medical Center, banks, Animal Hospital, dentist, post office
- RECREATIONAL – Lake Junaluska (& Golf Course), Waynesville Parks & Rec
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Land loans typically require about 15-25% down. At this price level though (under $20K), your best and easiest option may be to acquire a personal loan from your bank, using collateral like your car or home.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.