YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
$89,800 to $64,500. Shop around – we had our competition beat at $89K, and now it’s a blowout at $64K!
Cheap Hunting & Residential Land in Harlan County, Kentucky
Hunting properties that border government forest land are highly sought-after across America, and very few of those properties also have power, water, and paved access available. This one of those very few! After this land was granted as an award for meritorious service during the Civil War, it stayed in that family until just recently, so it’s safe to say that this property is hitting the open market for the first time in history. Hunting land that checks all the boxes like this one — borders gov’t forest, paved access, utilities, river proximity — sells extremely fast. Don’t miss out!
- No Restrictions
- Priced about 50% below market
- Very Low Taxes (only $89 in 2020)
- Power & Water Available
- Paved Access
- Right across Highway from Poor Fork Cumberland River
- Borders Kentenia State Forest
PROPERTY: This wooded, mountainous, and “L” shaped 52 acre parcel offers something special for a premium hunting tract — over 200 feet of paved road frontage, which is provided by Highway 522. The property is undeveloped but a dirt driveway has been carved into the lot in switchback-style from the road. Bordering the north property lines is the Kentenia State Forest, a tax-exempt government space rich in deer and wildlife. It’s not just for hunting and recreation though — you can live here too, since power and water runs along the road frontage. Live here however you want, in fact, because there are no restrictions! You may want to build close to the road like the neighbors have done, or even up on one of the ridges above in order to take advantage of breathtaking views of the Poor Fork Cumberland River valley below. The river is less than 500 feet from the property line, across the highway, and is a quality source of bass and catfish. “Own a mountain, fish a stream, live the dream.” The city of Harlan is just 10 minutes down the road and offers an excellent mix of stores, restaurants, and services, including a Walmart.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to discuss an offer. There’s lots more info – including viewing instructions – below, so make sure to keep reading!
The Only Harlan County Hunting Tract on the Market that Borders State Forest!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- SIZE: 52 acres*
- ADDRESS (estimated): 2451 State Hwy 522, Baxter KY 40806
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot): 36.898622, -83.255799
- APN: 105-00-00-014.00
- LEGAL DESCRIPTION: Vacant Farm
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: none (see KML/property boundary file here – works with Google Earth)
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- TIMBER RIGHTS: transferred with property
- MINERAL RIGHTS: not transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): irregular
- FLOODPLAIN: none
- ELEVATION: 2046 feet
- TERRAIN: mountainous with some semi-flat ridges
- CONDITION: undeveloped, wooded
- ACCESS: 208 feet along paved Hwy 522
- POWER: available thru Kentucky Utilities (800) 981-0600
- WATER: available thru White Mountain Utilities (606) 573-1277
- WASTEWATER: septic system would be necessary
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $89.78 in 2020
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: no zoning, NO RESTRICTIONS – do what you want with your land!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- No size/height restriction on homes/structures on the lot
- No setback requirements
- No time limit to build – leave the lot as-is for as long as you want or need.
- RVs, Campers, Mobile Homes, Cabins, “Shouses”, tiny-houses all permitted.
- Animals, livestock, etc. permitted.
- No HOA or CC+R’s
- Or, simply leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- HOA: none
- NEAREST CITIES: Harlan < Kingsport, TN < Knoxville, TN
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Tucker-Guthrie Memorial Airport (11 mins), Knoxville McGhee Tyson Airport (118 miles)
- HARLAN COUNTY:
* according to the deed’s metes and bounds description, the tract is 70 acres, but we’ll play it conservative and stick to the 52 acres that our mapping software indicates, and we’re pricing it based on 52 acres. If the property does total 70 acres in actuality, then enjoy the 18 “bonus” acres on us!
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 36.898622, -83.255799.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
- RETAIL – Walmart, Big Lots, Food City, CVS, Tractor Supply Co, Cash Saver, Family Dollar, Mountain Outdoors, Auto Parts stores, others
- RESTAURANTS – McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Subway, Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut, Hardee’s, Arby’s, Dairy Queen, Little Caesars, Rax, others
- SERVICES – Harlan Hospital, Post Office
- RECREATIONAL – Cumberland River, Poor Fork Cumberland River, Black Mountain Adventures, Martins Fork Lake, Cranks Creek Lake
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Hearthside Bank in Harlan offers land loans. The loan officer there is Ron Frazier (606) 573-2019. They require 35% down (65% financed) with a minimum credit score of 640 and debt-to-income maximum of 36%. Current interest rates for land are 5.7%.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why our properties are priced below market value, and the answer is really simple: we choose to sell to you at wholesale prices. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and discounted rates, and we strongly believe in passing this discount on to our buyers.
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.