YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
Cheap Land in Tennessee near the Tennessee River
Johnny Cash probably wouldn’t have sang about Jackson, Tennessee if it wasn’t the perfect model of a Southern railroad town. The much smaller town of Sardis lies in its shadows here in west Tennessee, and that’s where your new home could be. The area’s thick woods and winding finger system of creeks and streams that feed the historic Tennessee River just 15 minutes away play host to a thriving deer population in these parts. Country living here doesn’t mean leaving behind modern-day conveniences though, because you’re only 25 minutes to the Walmart and other retail in Savannah, which lies on the banks of river and serves as the seat of Hardin County.
- No Restrictions
- Priced about 10% below market
- Just 15 Minutes from the Tennessee River (Saltillo Boat Ramp)
- Power & Water Available
- Money-making opportunity: road-divided into three sections (one large, two small, for possible future sale)
- Direct Road Frontage on all Three Sections
PROPERTY: This 24.53 acre wooded, mostly rectangular parcel is divided into three sections by Hwy 421 and the Hannah Loop. The main, east section comprises 22.5 acres and features 368 feet of direct frontage on Hwy 421. Just across that road lies the “middle” section of 1.5 acres, plenty large enough for another homestead and featuring 206 feet of main road frontage. The smallest, west section of the property comprises just over a half-acre but its 200 feet of depth off Hannah Loop road still allows for a nicely-sized home and yard shrouded in trees for peace and privacy. So, this property, as a whole, doesn’t just make a nice, large homesite, but also makes an excellent investment as three potential homesites for sale. Fortunately for our buyer, we’re just pricing it like one property right now so they can take those profits down the line . . . if they choose to go that route. All sections are relatively undeveloped but some driveways have been carved into the east section, as well as a 5.7 acre twiggy tree field on the far east side. There are no structures on site (the current mobile home there will be moved soon), but power and water does run along the road frontage so it’s ready for your development. It’s ready for anything, in fact, because there are no restrictions here! The land is extremely flat and buildable and peaceful neighbors include a church that stands sentinel just about 500 feet up the road. When you’re ready for some of that iconic Tennessee River valley recreation, the Saltillo Boat Ramp is just 15 minutes away.
Cheap Land In Tennessee near Savannah
The nearest grocery store is the Dollar General, 8 minutes away in Milledgeville. You’ll also find a Shell gas station, the Milledgeville Cafe, and a Post Office to ensure your most basic needs are covered. For a much more complete selection of goods and services, you can make the 20 minute drive towards the Tennesse River to Adamsville. The “Biggest Little Town in Tennessee”, which was first surveyed by Davy Crockett, offers a Piggly Wiggly, Sonic Drive-In, a few pizza places and diners, drug store, fitness gym, and industrial supply stores.
The nearest Walmart is in Savannah, the seat of Hardin County 25 minutes away. Savannah lies along the east banks of the Tennessee River and, despite its small population of about 7K, offers a large array of urban conveniences. Restaurants include Taco Bell, Wendy’s, Sonic, Yamato Steak House of Japan, and Huddle House (a very cool spot at the bridge). Lowe’s Home Improvement has set up shop here too, as well as Dollar General, UPS Store, Kroger, and Tractor Supply Co. For a little entertainment, you can even go bowling.
If natural outdoor entertainment is more your speed, then you’re in the right place, because the historic, majestic Tennesse River is right at your fingertips. It’s the largest tributary of the Ohio River and stretches for 652 miles, and was once a major Southern highway for riverboats. Of course, you can pull a prodigious amount of fish out of these waters too. Musky, bass, catfish, trout . . . you name it, and the Tennessee probably has it! In fact, the Conservation Fund considers the Tennessee River Basin to be the single most biologically diverse river system for aquatic organisms in the United States. You can enjoy the entire valley by camping, hiking, biking, rock climbing, or even bird-watching. Where Savannah greets this big river was also a stop along the tragic Trail of Tears in the mid-1800’s. Another bloody chapter of American history was written over a decade later at nearby Pittsburg Landing, known as the Battle of Shiloh. At the time, it was the bloodiest battle of the American Civil War.
The City of Jackson, the heart of West Tennessee, is prominent in Southern folklore and it’s 55 minutes away. It was near to Johnny Cash’s heart and easy to see why. It’s the place where country and rock fused together to form Rockabilly and features a thriving downtown live music scene today. This city of almost 70K also features a large shopping complex that features major retailers like Hobby Lobby, Kohl’s, Marshalls, Ross, TJ Maxx, Sam’s Club, Target, JC Penney, Aaron’s, Harbor Freight, Best Buy, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Office Max, PetSmart, Home Depot, and Lowe’s. Everything you could ever need!
Memphis, home of the Blues, Soul, & Rock ‘N Roll, is just over two hours to the west. With more than 60 unique attractions across the city, Memphis is an authentic, affordable destination whether you’re looking for relaxation, excitement or classic memory-making. With legendary music attractions and civil rights sites, an award-winning zoo, world-famous Beale Street and the mighty Mississippi River at the heart of signature Memphis experiences, you’ll find plenty to do here.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 if you have any questions or would like to discuss an offer. There’s lots more info – including viewing instructions – below, so make sure to keep reading!
- SIZE: 24.53 acres
- POSTAL LOCATION (or PLUS CODE ADDRESS): 2270 Hwy 421, Sardis TN 38371
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot): 35.400089, -88.298900
- APN: 01200101
- LEGAL DESCRIPTION:
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: none (see County GIS parcel map here)
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): irregular
- FLOODPLAIN: none
- ELEVATION: 499 feet
- TERRAIN: flat
- ACCESS: east section – about 368 feet of direct frontage on Hwy 421 (main section); middle section – about 206 feet of direct frontage on Hwy 421 + 284 feet on Hannah Loop; west section – about 280 feet on Hannah Loop
- WASTEWATER MGMT: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- WATER: available thru Sardis Water District (731) 858-2641
- POWER: available thru Lexington Electric (731) 968-3662
- TAXES: $245.00 in 2020
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: no zoning, NO RESTRICTIONS – do what you want with your land!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- No size/height restriction on homes/structures on the lot
- No setback requirements
- No time limit to build – leave the lot as-is for as long as you want or need.
- RVs, Campers, Mobile Homes, Cabins, “Shouses”, tiny-houses all permitted.
- Animals, livestock, etc. permitted.
- No HOA or CC+R’s
- Or, simply leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- HOA: none
- NEAREST CITIES: Savannah < Jackson < Nashville, Memphis
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: McKellar-Sipes Regional (1 hour), Memphis International (2 hours 15 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 35.400089, -88.298900.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will probably come from Hardin County Bank. They have no minimum credit score but rather focus on your income and employment history and typically ask for 15-20% down payment for the loan. Contact Trevor Bishop by phone at (731) 925-9001.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why our properties are priced below market value, and the answer is really simple: we choose to sell to you at wholesale prices. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and discounted rates, and we strongly believe in passing this discount on to our buyers.
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.