YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
Riverfront Camping Property For Sale In Missouri – Sportsman’s Paradise
If you’re looking for a truly recreational property to lock down your connection with nature, this land is your land. Surrounding 100% by the Mark Twain National Forest, you’ll be completely off the grid but completely ON the famous Gasconade River, (“one of the world’s crookedest rivers“) brimming with smallmouth and largemouth bass and other boating activities like canoeing, kayaking, and tubing. Welcome to your own private and secluded getaway . . . a perfect choice for anyone who’s been searching for camping lots for sale in Missouri.
You could even take this property one step further than camping and build that dream off-grid cabin near the property’s high elevation of about 1202 feet, one of the highest points in the area, opening up beautiful views of the river valley and surrounding hillsides.
Mark Twain himself once said, “Buy land, they’re not making it anymore” and riverfront land like this, at this price, is something that’s definitely not being made anymore.
Just a few minutes away from the small, unincorporated town of Nebo, this property offers the best of both worlds: it’s off the beaten path, and we can pretty much guaranteed that you’ll be able to find the privacy, peace, and quiet that you’re looking for . . . but it’s also located just 30 minutes from Lebanon (“Crossroads of the Ozarks”), a city of 15,000 residents and offering all the necessities and modern conveniences you could need in antique stores, dining, downtown shopping, outlet malls, and a Walmart. Load up on building supplies at Lowe’s or Harbor Freight, tour Bennett Spring State Park — one of the state’s oldest parks, and famous for its trout — or even travel back in time, courtesy of the Route 66 Museum.
It’s also located about an hour from the Lake of the Ozarks, home to Lake of the Ozarks State Park, the largest state park in Missouri, and one of the American Midwest’s premier party hotspots over the 4th of July.
Springfield is the nearest major metropolitan city (population 462,000), about 90 minutes away to the southwest and, of course, is flush with shopping, dining, nightlife, and almost every urban a menity imaginable. Children enjoy the Discovery Center of Springfield, featuring interactive exhibits on dinosaurs and human DNA, as well as train rides and the Dickerson Park Zoo, with animals from all over the world. Adults flock to outdoor concerts, fine dining, exciting nightlife, but the Wonders of Wildlife National Museum & Aquarium, opened in 2017 and now considered “America’s Best Aquarium” by USA Today, is an unforgettable experience for the entire family. Don’t miss Fantastic Caverns for truly unique “cavern-coasting,” or the Pythian Castle if you want to scratch a Harry Potter itch.
Call Scott directly at 760.607.3300 if you have any questions or would like to discuss making an offer. There’s lots more info – including viewing instructions – below, so make sure to keep reading!
- Price: $19,770
- Size: 4.21 Acres
- APN: This property is split into 2 separate parcels. The acreages, APNs, and Legal Descriptions are as follows:
- 2.8 acres; 50-0600-00-22-33-13; 22-33-13 2.80 AC N 165 FT OF NWNW1/4 RBGR
- 1.41 acres; 19-5.0-22-000-000-007.000
- Dimensions (lots not surveyed — very approximate measurements; starting at NW corner of each tract and moving clockwise):
- 2.8 acres: 1032 ft east, 201 ft south, 941 ft west, 205 ft north, returning to the NW corner)
- 1.41 acres: 302 ft east, 849 ft south, 863 ft northwest, returning to the NW corner)
- Located outside Falcon, MO
- Zip Code: 65470
- GPS Coordinates (center of lot, approximate): 37.5609, -92.3564
- Elevation: approximately 1202 ft.
- Terrain: moderately sloped, wooded
- Access: currently by foot (or even boat), but National Forest Service will grant road access upon approval of application (see below)
- Sewer: septic system necessary
- Water: well necessary
- Electricity: none. Local power company is LaClede Electric Co-Op, (573) 774-2281
- 2020 Taxes: $14.00 total
- 2.8 acre property: $8.47
- 1.41 acre property: $5.53
- Taxes on this property are current. There are no back-taxes or liens on it.
- Zoning: NONE – do what you want with your land!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- No size/height restriction on homes/structures on the lot
- No setback requirements
- No time limit to build – leave the lot as-is for as long as you want or need.
- RVs, Campers, Mobile Homes, Cabins, “Shouses”, tiny-houses all permitted.
- Animals, livestock etc permitted
- Or, simply leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- This property is not in an HOA and is not subject to any CC+Rs.
- LaClede County Assessor – (417) 532-7163
- LaClede County Treasurer – (417) 532-4301
- LaClede County Clerk – (417) 532-5471
- LaClede County Recorder – (417) 532-4011
- LaClede County Planning and Zoning Department – (417) 532-5930
- GIS Website
- Nearest Airports: The Waynesville St. Robert Regional Airport is just 40 minutes away, the Springfield-Branson National Airport is 80 minutes away, and the St Louis International Airport is about two and a half hours away.
To build road access, the National Forest Service grants easements to owners to access their property through National Forest Land. They want to make sure every landowner can get to their property one way or another and will work with you every step of the way to make sure this happens. Check out this quick overview that they have published regarding this process, and the basic steps are as follows:
(1) File an application (SF299_EXPIRES_02282023) with the local Forest Service office, showing your plan/map (Road Permit OMPLAN Final) for access (2) The Forest Service then analyzes your application, which carries a minimum $131 Cost Recovery fee (more complex cases, where engineers must get involved, are more expensive). This process typically takes 6-9 months but a more accurate estimate will be provided by the Forest Service after an initial review of your application. (3) Once approved, the annual easement permit costs $104 per year.
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there. At a minimum, we recommend that you download and print this one-page printable Property Summary:
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: click HERE to open the destination in GoogleMaps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and GoogleMaps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 37.561056, -92.356901.
You’ll need to turn right on FR-380, about 1.3 miles south of Nebo, then turn right on FR-380A, and that will take you to a parking lot about a half-mile down. From there, you will walk about another half-mile down a trail to the northeast edge of the northern parcel. OnXHunt (details below) is a virtual necessity if you want to find the exact location of this property.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES: to walk the property lines, we highly recommend an app called OnX Hunt, which uses your phone’s GPS system to show you property boundary lines, and allow you to walk them in real-time. You can follow THIS LINK to open the lot on OnXHunt (you’ll need to be logged in already to open it). Make sure to save it as an Offline Map before you head out so that you can use the app even if you lose cell service. Because the lot is wooded and surrounded on 3 sides by wooded lots, this is by far the best method to follow the boundary lines of the property. We highly recommend ensuring you have this all taken care of before you head out there!
They have a 7-day free trial, so you can download the app and use it for free. Just remember to cancel before the trial ends so you aren’t charged. If you have any questions about how to use OnX Hunt to walk the property lines, or download the directions, please call us before you go down to the property so we can walk you through it.
If you’re interested in making an offer… Call Scott directly at 760.607.3300 if you’d like to discuss making an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: we are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: we do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why our properties are priced below market value, and the answer is really simple: we choose to sell to you at wholesale prices. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and discounted rates, and we strongly believe in passing this discount on to our buyers.
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.