Cheap Land in South Carolina near Georgetown
Just 22 minutes north of the charming, historic coastal village of Georgetown, this property allows the freedom you’ve been looking for, with a boat launch right down the street.
- Very Light Restrictions – mobile homes OK
- Legal Road Frontage
- Power Available
- Very Buildable: Flat, Partially Cleared, No Floodplain or Wetlands
- Just 3 mins from Boat Launch
- Just 22 minutes to Georgetown
- Priced about 30% Below Market
PROPERTY: Reach for the freedom of the countryside and escape the hustle and bustle of city life. This 1 acre lot 22 minutes north of Georgetown, SC is an ideal residential tract – partially cleared, flat, no floodplain or wetlands encroachments, and easy zoning that allows for up to four mobile homes (if you so choose). The 140 feet of frontage that you’re afforded on Clyde Lane, a public gravel road, offers power for your lot too. When you’re ready to get on the water, the nearest boat launch is less than a mile away at Cowhead Landing. The idyllic, waterfront town of Georgetown – “the best kept Secret in South Carolina” – offers major shopping options like Walmart and Tractor Supply Co, but you’ll fall in love with its historic Southern charm and oak lined streets. If you want to crank it up a notch, drive an hour east to Myrtle Beach and immerse yourself in beautiful, sunny beaches and thrilling entertainment. Don’t miss out on your chance at this peaceful retreat for an unbeatable Acretown price!
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then Overlays.
- ADDRESS (street # estimated – use GPS for navigation): 130 Clyde Lane, Georgetown SC 29440
- SIZE: 1.0 acres
- GPS COORDINATES: 33.576194, -79.420972
- APN: 02-0403-037-00-00
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: REAR OF ST RD (County Tax District #2 Map #403 Parcel #37)
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here (only Tract 1 in the document)
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: none (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- MINERAL RIGHTS: any mineral rights we own will convey to buyer (we have no knowledge of severance of mineral rights by a previous owner)
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): 140′ (along road) x 260′
- FLOODPLAIN: none, no wetlands
- ELEVATION: 41 feet
- TERRAIN: flat
- CONDITION: undeveloped, wooded
- ACCESS: 140 feet of direct frontage on Clyde Lane, a public gravel road
- POWER: available along road
- WATER: well would need to be installed
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $64.54 in 2021
- HOA: none
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: VR10 – Residential (summarized below; see full rules here)
- mobile homes OK
- up to 4 homes per acre
- several commercial uses OK
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Brown’s Ferry (Elementary) – Carvers Bay (Middle School) – Carvers Bay (High School)
- NEAREST CITIES: Georgetown < Myrtle Beach < Charleston
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Georgetown Airport (30 mins), Charleston International (1 hr 25 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can (1) confirm its availability (our land does sell fast), and (2) ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 33.576194, -79.420972.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizontal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Natural adventure awaits, with Francis Marion National Forest 42 minutes to the southwest, offering biking, camping, fishing, hiking, hunting and wildlife viewing, or head 45 minutes west towards Lake Moultrie and Lake Marion, providing boating, camping, and epic striped bass fishing opportunities. If you’re in the mood for a beach getaway and some thrilling nightlife, Myrtle Beach is just one hour east. Try the beachfront boardwalk, Family Kingdom amusement park, or the famous SkyWheel. The idyllic, waterfront town of Georgetown – “the best kept Secret in South Carolina” – is just 22 minutes south and offers major shopping options like Walmart and Tractor Supply Co, but you’ll fall in love with its historic Southern charm and oak lined streets. If you’re looking for the full range of mega retailers, Charleston is just an hour and a half southwest.
NEARBY – Francis Marion National Forest (42 minutes), Pawleys Island Nature Park (34 minutes), Lake Moultrie Richardson’s Boat Ramp (45 minutes), Lake Marion Wilson’s landing (1 hour), Myrtle Beach State Park (1 h 3 minutes), Cherry Hill Country Club (13 minutes), Pump House Landing Boat Ramp (12 minutes).
- RETAIL – Walmart, Tractor Supply Co, Nortira’s Grocery, Food Lion, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Georgetown Plaza, Citi Trends, Tomlinson’s Georgetown, and many more.
- RESTAURANTS – Ball & Que Restaurant, SoCo Grille, Aunny’s Country Kitchen, Buzz’s Roost, The Gator Grill, Hardee’s, Wendy’s, Taco Bell, and many more.
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, Tidelands Health Family Medicine at Georgetown, Palmetto Emergency Physicians, Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital, CVS, Walgreens, and more.
- RECREATIONAL – East Bay Park, Morgan Park, Rice Museum, South Carolina Maritime Museum, Georgetown Historic District, and more.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: At this price range (less than $20K), we recommend pursuing a personal loan from your bank or credit union as the easiest and quickest way to secure financing.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.