YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
Cheap Land in West Virginia near the Gauley River
The scenic gorges and valleys of the Gauley River aren’t just for show. This area is so rich in wildlife and recreational opportunities that it was designated a National Recreation Area in 1988. Our mountain property shares its border with this natural playground for all the hiking, hunting, and whitewater kayaking you could ever want, and Charleston is only 80 minutes away so you’re not too far from big city action either.
- Creek (Bucklick Branch) runs through NW part of tract
- Accessible by road via logging road 22
- No Restrictions!
- Priced about 35% below market
- Less than a half-mile hike to the Gauley River & Anderson Landing
- Borders Gauley River National Recreation Area
PROPERTY: This 84 acre wooded, irregular shaped parcel is accessible by logging road 22, about 3 miles from the small village of Lockwood. The land stretches from the top of a mountain ridge all the way down to the border of the Gauley River National Recreation Area, a linear distance of about 3300 feet and a drop in elevation of about 880 feet. Given the lush, mountainous landscape, creek, and close proximity to a major river, these are fertile hunting grounds for deer and other wildlife. The land is totally off-grid and undeveloped and you can leave it that way or build your dream mountain cabin near the top of the ridge where you can look out at the majestic Gauley River Valley. Build where and whatever you want, in fact, because there are no restrictions here! With no nearby neighbors, you are completely engulfed by nature, and only a half-mile hike through a series of waterfalls and a rockwall-lined trail to Anderson Landing at the river.
Get the only available property bordering the Gauley River National Recreation Area at a tremendous discount!
Cheap Land In West Virginia near Summersville
Summersville is only 35 minutes away and provides for all of your basic needs, including a Walmart. There’s good, fast grub here too, featuring Pizza Hut, Hardee’s, Little Caesar’s, KFC, Starbucks, Wendy’s, Taco Bell, Bob Evans, McDonald’s, Tudor’s Biscuit World, and higher end fare like Fujiyama Japanese Steakhouse. Summersville’s signature attraction is Summersville Lake, West Virginia’s largest lake and known for its clean, clear water and massive, sheer sandstone cliffs. It comprises 2800 acres and 60 miles of shoreline and is one of the state’s top recreational destinations with an estimated one million visitors per year. Those visitors come to enjoy a variety of activities, like boating, swimming, hiking, biking, scuba diving (w/equipment from Sarge’s Dive Shop), rock climbing, and fishing. If you take your fishing pole, expect some small and largemouth bass, walleye, panfish, and catfish. The Gauley River which feeds it, just a half-mile to our property lines, offers excellent trout fishing too.
The Gauley River National Recreation Area encompasses 25 miles of this wild and beautiful river, and since it actually borders our property, you have immediate access! The several class 5+ rapids along this waterway make it one of the most thrilling whitewater experiences in the East. The masses of carved-out sandstone cliffs along the river banks also make this entire area popular among rock climbers. Indeed, you’re just steps away from all the mountain and river recreation you could ever want!
Head west from the property, back towards Charleston, and you’ll hit the small town of Belva just 27 minutes away. The Dollar General located here is the closest grocery store to the property, about 10 minutes closer than the Walmart in Summersville. If you just want a bite to eat or some snacks though, then the Drennen Dairy Bar in Drennen (where else?) is only 18 minutes up the logging road. After you’re done fueling up your body, you can fuel up your car at the Sunoco right there too.
Keeping heading west along Hwy 60 — an exceptionally tranquil and picturesque drive that traces the Kanawha (or New) River the whole way — and you’ll eventually hit the capital city of Charleston 80 minutes away. The Kanawha runs free for 97 miles and is the largest inland waterway in West Virginia. Charleston packs a nice punch when you’re ready for some city life. Enjoy concerts at Live on the Levee, explore Kanawha State Forest, or go for some fun in the sun at Magic Island.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 if you have any questions or would like to discuss an offer. There’s lots more info – including viewing instructions – below, so make sure to keep reading!
- SIZE: 84 acres
- POSTAL LOCATION (or PLUS CODE ADDRESS): 6XQH+X5W Lockwood, West Virginia
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot): 38.239984, -81.022061
- APN: 04-29-00030000
- LEGAL DESCRIPTION: 84 FXC Buck Lick
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: none (see County GIS parcel map here)
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: not conveyed with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): irregular
- FLOODPLAIN: none
- ELEVATION: 2010 feet
- TERRAIN: mountainous
- ACCESS: via logging road 22 from Lockwood, WV
- WASTEWATER MGMT: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- WATER: none (well would be necessary)
- POWER: none
- TAXES: $561.40 in 2020
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: no zoning, NO RESTRICTIONS – do what you want with your land!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- No size/height restriction on homes/structures on the lot
- No setback requirements
- No time limit to build – leave the lot as-is for as long as you want or need.
- RVs, Campers, Mobile Homes, Cabins, “Shouses”, tiny-houses all permitted.
- Animals, livestock, etc. permitted.
- No HOA or CC+R’s
- Or, simply leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- HOA/CC+R’s: none
- NEAREST CITIES: Lockwood < Summersville < Charleston
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: West Virginia International (Yeager) Airport (54 miles)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 38.239984, -81.022061.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: We’ll help you find the best 3rd party lender in the area.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why our properties are priced below market value, and the answer is really simple: we choose to sell to you at wholesale prices. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and discounted rates, and we strongly believe in passing this discount on to our buyers.
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.