Cheap Land in Virginia near Philpott Lake
This residential and recreational property just north of Henry, Virginia lies in the sunset shadow of the Blue Ridge mountains. With a cabin, water, septic, and nearby power, plus ATV trails along its rolling terrain, stunning mountain valley views, and a natural spring, this property checks a lot of boxes. If you’re looking for more adventure (or maybe a fish dinner), head to Philpott Lake only a half hour to the southwest, or any number of hiking trails that further expose you to the beauty of this area.
- No Restrictions
- Natural Spring On-Site
- Extensive Direct Road Frontage
- Mobile Home/Hunting Cabin On-Site
- Well & Septic Installed, Power connected
- Priced about 27% Below Market
- Amazing Blue Ridge Mountain Views
PROPERTY: This 6.53 acre lot is moderately wooded but with a cleared yard, driveway, cabin, and small barn. It features about 584 feet of direct frontage on Log Cabin Drive, a public gravel road that was built on a ridge line. The power isn’t currently active but it is connected to the cabin and utilities are further provided via a water well and septic system. If you want to improve any structure or add more to the site, build ’till your heart’s content because there are no restrictions here! The lot is flat at the road and ridge and that’s where all the structures stand. You’ll be walking downhill as you venture away from the road and house towards the back of the lot, and in the middle of the property where the terrains bottoms out, a natural spring trickles along and eventually empties into a pond on the neighboring parcel. One of the highest vista points in the entire area lies along the back property line, and it benefits from a steep drop of the bordering tract to deliver amazing views to the north once the timber is cleared. To explore all of this, fire up your ATV and run down some of the trails that have already been blazed here. The neighborhood is lightly populated and very peaceful. When you’re ready for natural adventure, Philpott Lake is only 30 minutes down the road and this recreational hotspot offers great camping, hiking, and bass fishing. Stock up on basic supplies at the Henry Dollar General just about 15 minutes away to the south, or enjoy a wide array of restaurants and retail — including a Walmart — in Rocky Mount, a 30 minute drive to the north. Rocky Mount is a great launching spot for a float down the Pigg River, the perfect elixir to a lazy hot summer day.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including viewing instructions – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- SIZE: 6.53 acres
- ADDRESS (street # estimated): 2256 Log Cabin Drive, Henry VA 24102
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot): 36.889536, -79.958936
- APN: 1010003617
- LEGAL DESCRIPTION: LOG CABIN ESTATES TRACT 19 SEC 3
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: none (get boundary/KML file here – works with Google Earth)
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): 584 ft west (along road) x 693 ft north x 398 ft east x 756 ft south to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: none (and no wetlands)
- ELEVATION: 1441 feet
- TERRAIN: rolling
- CONDITION: developed w/mobile home, barn, driveway, woods, trails
- ACCESS: 584 ft of direct road frontage on Log Cabin Drive
- POWER: connected
- WATER: well installed
- WASTEWATER: septic system installed and connected
- CELL COVERAGE: 5G thru T-Mobile, 4G thru Verizon and AT&T (according to Signal Checker here)
- TAXES: $139.08 in 2020
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: no zoning, NO RESTRICTIONS – do what you want with your land!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- No size/height restriction on homes/structures on the lot
- No setback requirements
- No time limit to build – leave the lot as-is for as long as you want or need.
- RVs, Campers, Mobile Homes, Cabins, “Shouses”, tiny-houses all permitted.
- Animals, livestock, etc. permitted.
- No HOA or CC+R’s
- Or, simply leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- HOA: none
- NEAREST CITIES: Rocky Mount < Martinsville < Roanoke
- NEAREST AIRPORT: Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional (1 hour), Greensboro-Piedmont Triad International (1 hours 15 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
coming soon . . .
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 36.889536, -79.958936.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
When you’re ready for natural adventure, Philpott Lake is only 30 minutes down the road and this recreational hotspot offers great camping, hiking, and bass fishing. Stock up on basic supplies at the Henry Dollar General just about 15 minutes away to the south, or enjoy a wide array of restaurants and retail — including a Walmart — in Rocky Mount, a 30 minute drive to the north. Rocky Mount is a great launching spot for a float down the Pigg River, the perfect elixir for a lazy hot summer day.
FRANKLIN COUNTY: Philpott Lake (30 mins), Blue Ridge Parkway (“America’s Favorite Drive”) & Smart View Recreation Area (53 mins), Providence Raceway (15 mins), Brooks Mill Winery, Booker T Washington National Monument, Smith Mountain Lake (52 mins), Salthouse Branch, Jamison Mill Park, Horseshoe Point Park, Turkeycock Mountain, Cahas Mountain Overlook (1 hour)
HENRY (17 minutes, nearest grocery store – Dollar General and M&L Mart)
- RETAIL – Walmart, Lowe’s Home Improvement, Kroger, Harbor Freight, CVS, O’Reilly Auto, Food Lion, Dollar General, many others
- RESTAURANTS – Pizza Hut, Applebee’s, Wendy’s, Taco Bell, Bojangles, Buddy’s BBQ, McDonald’s, Dairy Queen, many others
- MED SERVICES? Yes, Franklin Memorial Hospital, dentists
- RECREATIONAL – Pigg River, Mary Elizabeth Park
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.