Cheap Land in Pennsylvania near Meadville
Just 6 minutes north of downtown Meadville, this large, partially cleared residential lot w/on-site power is ready for your build today!
- Driveway & Power On-site
- Interior Stream
- Paved Road Frontage
- Priced Well Below Market
- Cheap Taxes: only $138 last year
- Subdivide Opportunities in Nice Neighborhood
- Flexible Zoning: Mobile Homes OK
- Very Buildable: Flat, Partially Cleared, No Floodplain
PROPERTY: Welcome to 7.42 acres of serenity and potential! Nestled inside a peaceful, established neighborhood enveloped by French Creek to the west and north, this property offers a unique opportunity to build a large residential estate here or turn it into a subdivided investment vehicle. With 600 feet of paved frontage on Cole Road (a public street), you’ll get a jumpstart on any build you choose courtesy of the partially cleared interior, flat terrain, on-site power pole, and no floodplain or wetlands obstacles. The flexible “General Residential” zoning also allows for a broad spectrum of development too, including mobile homes, so your imagination is about your only limitation. Meadville is only 6 minutes to the south and fills all your major shopping needs, including a Walmart, Tractor Supply Co, and Home Depot. There’s even a Tim Hortons! We invite you to explore this fantastic piece of land and all its possibilities – come take a look today and grab it at an unbeatable Acretown price!
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then Overlays.
- ADDRESS: 19202 E Cole Rd, Meadville, PA 16335
- SIZE: 7.42 acres
- GPS COORDINATES: 41.683420, -80.155445
- APN: 67-0-054944
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: 6708-028-13-14-15-16 4 LOTS 19202 COLE RD
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: none (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- MINERAL RIGHTS: any mineral rights we own will convey to buyer (we have no knowledge of severance of mineral rights by a previous owner)
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): 600′ wide x 530′ deep
- FLOODPLAIN: none, no wetlands
- ELEVATION: 1275 feet
- TERRAIN: generally flat
- CONDITION: undeveloped, partially cleared, mostly wooded
- ACCESS: 600 feet of direct frontage on E Cole Rd, a paved public road
- POWER: power pole w/meter on-site
- WATER: would need to install a well
- WASTEWATER: septic system is thought to have been installed in the past but existence/location unknown
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $138.73 in 2022
- HOA: none
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: R2 – General Residential, Woodcock Township (summarized below; full doc here)
- mobile & modular homes OK
- agricultural activities OK
- minimum lot width (for future subdividing) = 100 feet
- building setbacks: 75′ from road centerline, 15′ from from sides, 50′ from rear
- max coverage = 25%
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Saegertown (Elementary) – Saegertown (Middle School) – Saegertown (High School)
- NEAREST CITIES: Meadville < Erie < Cleveland
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Erie International (41 mins), Cleveland Hopkins International (1 hrs 50 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- Assessor (814) 333-7302
- Treasurer (814) 333-7332
- Recorder (814) 373-2537
- Planning & Zoning (814) 333-7341
- County GIS
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 41.683420, -80.155445.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizontal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Discover your next adventure at scenic Lake Erie, just 39 minutes to the north and home to Presque Isle State Park, featuring a beautiful coastline and activities such as swimming, boating, fishing, hiking, bicycling, and in-line skating, or head one hour east towards Allegheny National Forest, spanning 517,000 acres and offering hiking, kayaking, canoeing, mountain biking, and bird watching. For locals, French Creek is the go-to spot on hot summer days for slow floating, boating, and fishing. The nearest Walmart and major shopping and dining is in Meadville, 6 minutes south, but if you’re looking for big-box stores, the iconic midwest city of Pittsburgh is just about an hour and a half south.
NEARBY – Presque Isle State Park (39 minutes), Allegheny National Forest (1 h 2 minutes), Pymatuning State Park (36 minutes), The Country Club of Meadville (6 minutes), Woodcock Creek Lake (8 minutes), Cuyahoga Valley National Park (1 h 48 minutes), Hailwood Golf Course (3 minutes), Saegertown Boat Launch (3 minutes).
MEADVILLE (6 minutes, nearest Walmart and major shopping, county seat)
- RETAIL – Walmart, Home Depot, Tractor Supply Co, Harbor Freight Tools, Walgreens, Dunhams Sports, JoAnn Fabric, Dollar Tree, Dollar General, many more
- RESTAURANTS – Tim Hortons, Red Lobster, Burger King, McDonald’s, Cracker Barrell, Applebee’s, Dairy Queen, Wendy’s, Arby’s, KFC, Taco Bell, Domino’s, many more
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, Meadville Medical Center, Vantage Home Medical, Mill Run Community Pharmacy, CVS, Walgreens, and more.
- RECREATIONAL – Shady Brook Park, Diamond Park, Roche Park, Baldwin Reynolds House Museum, Crawford County Fairgrounds, The Country Club of Meadville, and more.
PITTSBURGH (1 h 29 minutes, nearest major city)
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.