Cheap Land in Missouri near Onondaga State Park
Between the charming town of Cuba and the Onondaga State Park, this unrestricted, 20-acre property offers great access to city convenience and outdoor recreation.
- No Restrictions
- Priced Well Below Market
- Just 11 mins from Onondaga State Park
- Extensive Road Frontage
- Cheap Taxes
- No Floodplain
- Partially Cleared Home Site
- Power on-site + Well & Septic Infrastructure
PROPERTY: Welcome to Dogwood Hills Lane, a public gravel road that fronts this property for 660 feet. This rectangular, 20-acre forested hideaway is the perfect place to settle your next home. With no restrictions, partially cleared land, power, well, and septic on-site, and no floodplain encroachments, you can can start building right away. Enjoy the beautiful surroundings of Onondaga State Park just minutes away and take advantage of the convenience of being less than 20 minutes from the charming, Route 66 town of Cuba, where you’ll find all sorts of dining and retail options, including a Walmart. There’s plenty to do at home though. With the abundance of deer and other wildlife here, hunt, hike, or sightsee right outside your door, any day of the week. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity and an unbeatable Acretown price – go see it in person today!
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Very Unique Lot to Area! 20+ acres w/on-site utilities and clearings is a rare find!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then Overlays.
- SIZE: 20.0 acres
- ADDRESS: 239 Dogwood Hills Lane, Leasburg MO 65535
- GPS COORDINATES: 38.055286, -91.280037
- APN: 07-9.0-32-0-00-008.090
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: PT SE1/4 OF THE NW1/4 SEC 32 TWP 3
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: none (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- MINERAL RIGHTS: any mineral rights we own will convey to buyer (we have no knowledge of severance of mineral rights by a previous owner)
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): 660′ wide (along road) x 1320′ deep
- FLOODPLAIN: none, no wetlands
- ELEVATION: 898 feet
- TERRAIN: gently rolling
- CONDITION: undeveloped, wooded
- ACCESS: 660 feet of direct frontage on Dogwood Hills Lane, a gravel public road
- POWER: available on-site
- WATER: well w/pump on-site but condition not verified
- WASTEWATER: septic on-site but condition not verified
- TAXES: $135.40 in 2021
- HOA: none
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: no zoning, NO RESTRICTIONS – do what you want with your land!
- homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns are all OK
- no size/height restriction on homes/structures on the lot
- no setback requirements
- no time limit to build – leave the lot as-is for as long as you want or need
- RVs, campers, mobile homes, cabins, tiny homes are all OK
- animals, livestock, etc OK
- no HOA or CC+R’s
- or, simply leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature!
- homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns are all OK
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Bourbon (Elementary) – Bourbon (Middle School) – Bourbon (High School)
- NEAREST CITIES: Leasburg < Cuba, Bourbon < St. Louis
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Cuba Municipal (19 mins), St. Louis Lambert International (1 hr 23 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- Assessor (573) 775-2065
- Treasurer (573) 775-7668
- Clerk (573) 775-2376
- Recorder of Deeds (573) 775-5048
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 38.055286, -91.280037.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizontal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
This property is located near Leasburg, just around 17 minutes east of the quaint town of Cuba, which offers some excellent dining and shopping options, including a Walmart. For outdoor adventures, you can take the quick drive over to Onondaga Cave State Park, only 11 minutes east of the property! As its name would suggest, its a popular spot among both expert and novice spelunkers alike (i.e. cave explorers) but also offers a lake, river, hiking trails, and campgrounds. Meramec State Park, 23 minutes north, features the same type of adventures but is a little busier than Onondaga.
NEARBY – Onondaga Cave State Park (11 mins), Birds Nest Beach Park (31 mins), Huzzah Valley Resort (33 mins), Courtois Creek Roadside Park (37 mins), Meramec State Park (24 mins), Riverview Roadside Park (27 min)
LEASBURG (6 minutes, nearest grocery store, Delany’s Crossing)
CUBA (18 minutes, nearest Walmart)
- RETAIL – Walmart Supercenter, Lone Star Antique Mall, Two Olde Crows Antique Mall, Ace Hardware, Judson Lumber, Dollar Tree, TA Travel Center, many more
- RESTAURANTS – Huddle House, McDonald’s, Subway, Hardee’s, Jack in the Box, Sonic Drive-In, Casey’s, Taco Bell, Champs Chicken, Pizza Hut, many more
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, pediatrician, dentists, animal/veterinary hospital
- RECREATIONAL – Hood Park, Cuba City Municipal Pool, Anytime Fitness, Cuba Lakes Golf & Country Club
ST. LOUIS (1 hour 20 mins, nearest major metro)
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
Rural 1st is America’s leading land lender for rural properties and they require as little as 15% down on a 10 or 15-year fixed land loan, with no PMI, and they prefer a credit score of 720 or better. Please contact Michael Wirth by phone or email at (502) 553-8152 or email@example.com. They do serve Missouri.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.