YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
Cheap Land in Colorado in the Shadow of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains
The Sangre de Cristo mountains form the southernmost range of the great Rocky Mountains and host several “fourteeners” (mountains above 14K foot elevation). One of these majestic fourteeners, Culebra Peak, will be prominently displayed from your backyard here, with Sanchez Reservoir glimmering before it like a welcome mat into one of America’s great natural wonderlands.
- Mountain & Lake Views from the Backyard
- Direct Road Frontage
- Power & Water Available
- Camping Allowed
- Priced about 33% Below Market
PROPERTY: This 1.91 acre classicly rectangular lot is completey undeveloped with only moderate brush and has 231 feet of frontage on the aptly-named Valley View Trail. Power runs along the road and water lines have been laid in the subdivision, providing a jump-start in your development. The lot is flat at the top of the ridge near the road, and then slopes downward to the east, perfectly accomodating a walkout basement-type home with picture windows in back to take advantage of all that Rocky Mountain beauty. In fact, it slopes enough so that no neighboring home will ever obstruct your views of the mountains or the lake below (Sanchez Reservoir, where wild horses drink and roam daily). The neighborhood is very lightly populated, leaving you to enjoy this natural wonder in total peace. If you’re an adventurer, use those mountains for more than just a view and hike to the Culebra Peak fourteener, which offers a trailhead only about 40 minutes away. All your recreational activities will surely make you hungry, so stock up on groceries at the Family Dollar in San Luis, the Costilla county seat, about 25 minutes from the property.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to discuss an offer. There’s lots more info – including viewing instructions – below, so make sure to keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- SIZE: 1.91 acres
- POSTAL ADDRESS (or PLUS CODE ADDRESS): 3HMC+M39 Los Fuertes, Colorado 81152
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot): 37.084169, -105.429756
- APN: 73000810
- LEGAL DESCRIPTION: LITTLE NORWAY SUBDIVISION PHASE 2 LOT 81 CONT 1.91 AC (356-488 PC)(SWD 362-740)
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here (also, get boundary/KML file here – works with Google Earth)
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: not transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): starting at NW corner, 387′ east x 227′ south x 362′ west x 231′ north (along road)
- FLOODPLAIN: none
- ELEVATION: 8709 feet
- TERRAIN: flat towards road then
- CONDITION: undeveloped, moderate brush
- ACCESS: 231 feet along Valley View Trail
- POWER: available along street
- WATER: available in development
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $572.18 in 2020
- HOA: Little Norway (download rules here)
- HOA dues: $7 per month
- Camping (camper, RV, tent) is allowed for 30 days at a time but not permanently
- Setbacks: 25 feet from front, 10 feet from side and rear
- Minimum home size: 1200 sf
- Animals allowed (except pigs) if fenced
- Manufactured homes allowed with permit
- NEAREST CITIES: San Luis < Alamosa < Taos, NM < Sante Fe, NM
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Taos Airport (1 hr 10 mins), Albuquerque International (3 hours 30 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 37.084169, -105.429756.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
COSTILLA COUNTY: Culebra Peak (one of the “fourteeners”), Blanca Peak, Mount Lindsey, Shrine of the Stations of the Cross, Fort Garland Museum, Trinchera Peak, Sanchez Reservoir, Mountain Home Reservoir, Red Mountain, Purgatoire Peak, Cuatro Peak, Sangre de Cristo Pass, Rito Seco Park, Culebra Creek
- RETAIL: Family Dollar, Sonia’s Convenience Store
- RESTAURANTS – Mrs. Rios Cafe
- SERVICES – Post Office, Salon
- RECREATIONAL – San Luis Community Park, Stations of the Cross
- RETAIL: Walmart, Smiths, Ace Hardware, Taos Fly Shop, Walgreens, Dollar Tree, Pet Stop, Dollar General, Adventure Ski Gear, The Cellar Fine Wines, Tractor Supply Co, many others
- RESTAURANTS – Sonic, Taco Bell, Subway, Starbucks, Wendy’s, McDonald’s, and many local and fine dining spots
- SERVICES – Medical Center, Dentist, Post Office, many banks
- RECREATIONAL – Rio Grande whitewater river rafting, Rio Grande Gorge (& Bridge), Taos Ski Valley, Red River Ski Area, Angle Fire Ski Resort, Sipapu Ski Resort, Carson National Forest, Wheeler Peak Wilderness Area, Wild Earth Llama Adventures, Taos Pueblo, rock climbing, many others
- RETAIL – Walmart, Safeway, Walgreens, Harbor Freight, Big R Stores, City Market, Verizon Wireless, Dollar Tree, many others
- RESTAURANTS – Starbucks, Pizza Hut, Domino’s, Sonic, McDonald’s, Wendy’s, KFC, Arby’s, Jimmy John’s, IHOP, Subway, Little Caesar’s, Taco Bell, Chili’s, many others
- SERVICES – Adams State University, San Luis Valley Medical Center, Dentist, Post Office, UPS Store, many banks
- RECREATIONAL – Rio Grande River, Great Sand Dunes National Park, Rio Grande Scenic Railroad, Valley View Hot Springs, Rugged Air Tours, Splashland
SANTE FE, NEW MEXICO (2 hours, nearest major metro)
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why our properties are priced below market value, and the answer is really simple: we choose to sell to you at wholesale prices. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and discounted rates, and we strongly believe in passing this discount on to our buyers.
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.