YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
Cheap Land in New Mexico near El Malpais National Monument/Park
This platted lot lies in the shadow of New Mexico’s heavily-forested Zuni Mountains to the east, a high desert range which provide an enormous amount of hiking and other recreational opportunities. The property itself makes for a great camping and stargazing spot as well, with its easy access, gentle slope, and healthy population of trees.
- Very Light Restrictions – Camping Allowed
- Direct Road Frontage
- Power Available
- Platted Lot but NO HOA!
- Healthy, Mature Trees
- Easily Buildable
- Priced about 34% Below Market
- Near Mountains & Public Forests
PROPERTY: This 6.61 acre lot is moderately wooded and slopes gently downward from southeast to northwest, where the Pinecrest Road fronts the property for about 352 feet. The only structures on-site were built by nature — evergreen trees and high prairie grasses — making it perfect for camping and recreation. Stargazers, in particular, will love the distinct lack of light pollution and cloud cover in this part of the state, affording an unfiltered view of the sky on most nights. With only one neighbor within 1500 feet, you can expect those beautiful nights to be equally as peaceful too. If you decide you’d like to build, feel free to build whatever you want because there are no restrictions affecting this platted lot, and power runs along the property’s east boundary line. When you’re ready to get out and experience some of the natural adventure offered by this high desert region, try the El Morro National Monument/Park less than a half hour away, or the El Malpais National Monument/Park, a volcanic wonderland featuring lava flows, cinder cones, dramatic ridges, and complex lava tube systems. Want to commune with wildlife but prefer a shorter drive? You only have to travel five minutes down the road to get back in touch with your inner wolf at the Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- SIZE: 6.61 acres
- ADDRESS (Google Plus Code): VGX6+VRH Candy Kitchen, New Mexico
- STREET, CITY: Pinecrest Road, Candy Kitchen, NM 87321
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot): 34.899693, -108.487882
- APN: R04601
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: SUBD: GARFIELD BLOCK: 2 LOT: 2 6.613 AC 0 0
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: not transferred with property
- WATER RIGHTS: transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): starting at SW corner, 352′ NE (along road) x 690′ east x 400′ south x 1034′ west to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: not USGS surveyed; no wetlands
- ELEVATION: 7460 feet
- TERRAIN: gently sloped
- CONDITION: undeveloped, wooded
- ACCESS: 352 feet of direct road frontage on Pinecrest Road
- POWER: available; power lines run along east boundary line
- WATER: well would be necessary
- New Mexico State Engineer (575-622-6521) states that a domestic well permit costs $125 per year, and allows for a draw of 1 acre-foot per year (about 325,000 gallons), or 3 acre-feet per year with livestock. Anyone needing more for agricultural purposes can buy water rights on the open market. For reference, the average family uses less than 100,000 gallons per year.
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- CELL COVERAGE: 4G thru Verizon (according to Signal Checker here)
- TAXES: $93.72 in 2020
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: very light (summarized below; download full document here)
- no junk build-up
- building setback: 35 feet from center of road, 10 feet from side property lines
- no mining
- HOA: none
- NEAREST CITIES: Ramah < Grants < Albuquerque
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Candy Kitchen Ranch Airport (8 mins), Albuquerque International (2 hrs 30 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 34.899693, -108.487882.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
When you’re ready to get out and experience some of the natural adventure offered by this high desert region, try the El Morro National Monument/Park less than a half hour away, or the El Malpais National Monument/Park, a volcanic wonderland featuring lava flows, cinder cones, dramatic ridges, and complex lava tube systems. Want to commune with wildlife but prefer a shorter drive? You only have to travel five minutes down the road to get back in touch with your inner wolf at the Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary.
CIBOLA COUNTY/NEARBY: El Malpais National Monument (40 mins), El Morro National Monument (28 mins), Wild Spirt Wolf Sanctuary (5 mins), Cibola National Forest, Ice Cave & Bandera Volcano, La Ventana Natural Arch (90 mins), Mount Taylor, Bluewater Lake State Park (90 mins)
RAMAH (30 minutes, nearest grocery store)
- RETAIL – Family Dollar, Lewis Trading Post
- RESTAURANTS – Lady Stagecoach Cafe
- RETAIL – Walmart, Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Family Dollar, AutoZone, Smith’s Food & Drug, many others
- RESTAURANTS – Subway, Pizza Hut, La Ventana Steak House, McDonald’s, KFC, Sonic Drive-In, many others
- MED SERVICES? Yes, Cibola General Hospital, dentists, vet
- RECREATIONAL – East Grants Ridge, Coyote Del Malpais golf course, El Malpais National Monument Visitor Center
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: In this case, a personal loan from your existing bank may your quickest, easiest, and best option for financing.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.