Cheap Land in North Carolina near Hickory
Nestled in the protected foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains just 5 minutes from Lake Hickory, this waterfront lot is perfectly located close to city shopping and dining, yet sequesters you in a beautiful, natural environment.
- Waterfront Lot!
- Paved Road Frontage
- Priced about 36% Below Market
- Power Available along Road
- Very Buildable: Flat, No Floodplain
- Nice, Safe Neighborhood
- nearby City of Hickory voted among USA’s “Best Places to Live”
PROPERTY: Welcome to Anchors Landing! This exclusive, peaceful subdivision offers a rare opportunity: 1.28 waterfront acres on beautiful Silver Creek. Access the property via 158 feet of paved frontage on Port Lane, a private road, and head out the back yard for easy access to the water! The flat terrain, no floodplain, and power along the road makes this gorgeous property very buildable. Just minutes from Granite Falls, this stunning location provides the perfect retreat while remaining close enough to all the shopping and dining luxuries you crave. Access a world of recreation at your doorstep, with scenic Lake Hickory just 5 minutes down the road, featuring over a 100 miles of shoreline, and offering sailing, boating, swimming, water skiing, tubing, and fishing. Its adjoining city of Hickory has been voted one of America’s Best Places to Live by US News. Bring your vision and make this spot yours; come experience waterfront living at Anchors Landing today!
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then Overlays.
- SIZE: 1.28 acres
- ADDRESS: 5208 Port Ln, Granite Falls, NC 28630
- GPS COORDINATES: 35.799569, -81.385661
- APN: 08145-6211
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: Lot 211 of Anchors Landing, Section 6, Plat Book 20 Pages 156-160, Caldwell County Registry
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- MINERAL RIGHTS: any mineral rights we own will convey to buyer (we have no knowledge of severance of mineral rights by a previous owner)
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): starting at SE corner, 158′ NW (along street) x 519 NE’ x 90′ SE (along shoreline) x 518′ SW to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: none, Silver Creek/pond borders this property to the north
- ELEVATION: 1021 feet
- TERRAIN: front half flat, back half gently slopes toward pond
- CONDITION: undeveloped, wooded
- ACCESS: 158 feet of direct frontage on Port Lane, a paved private road
- POWER: available
- WATER: available via Caldwell County Water Department (828-757-5757)
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $168.00 in 2021
- HOA: Anchors Landing (Section 6)
- HOA FEES: $100 per month
- RESTRICTIONS: download full rules here (summarized below)
- single family home only
- 1800 sf minimum size
- once construction begins, it must be completed within one year
- may use any builder
- no mobile or modular homes
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Granite Falls (Elementary) – Granite Falls (Middle School) – South Caldwell (High School)
- NEAREST CITIES: Granite Falls < Hickory < Charlotte
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Charlotte International (60 miles)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- Assessor/Treasurer (828) 757-1340
- Register of Deeds (828) 757-1310
- Planning & Zoning (828) 426-8354
- County GIS (828) 757-1388
IMPORTANT: Entrance is gated. Please call or text Scott at 314-639-9777 for access. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to 5208 Port Ln, Granite Falls, NC 28630.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizontal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Access a world of recreation at your doorstep, with scenic Lake Hickory just 5 minutes down the road, featuring over a 100 miles of shoreline, and offering sailing, boating, swimming, water skiing, tubing, and fishing. Its adjoining city of Hickory has been voted one of America’s Best Places to Live by US News. Head northwest among the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains, halting for stunning views of Brown Mountain, 55 minutes along the way, and the rugged Linville Gorge Wilderness Area, just half an hour ahead, or make for the famous 2-tiered sliding waterfall at Harper Creek, about an hour away. 9 minutes to the west is the town of Granite Falls, hosting a Walmart, several grocery stores, local eateries, fast food chains and medical centers, but if you’re looking for the full range of big-box retailers, you can find them in Charlotte, over an hour to the southeast.
NEARBY – Lake Hickory Gunpowder Boat Ramp (5 minutes), Brown Mountain Overlook (55 minutes), Linville Falls (1 h 10 minutes), Linville Gorge Wilderness Area (1 h 27 minutes), Harper Creek Falls (1 h 2 minutes), Glenn C. Hilton, Jr. Memorial Park (16 minutes), Granada Farms Country Club (6 minutes), South Mountains State Park (45 minutes), Lake Norman State Park (53 minutes).
GRANITE FALLS (9 minutes, nearest grocery store and Walmart)
- RETAIL – Walmart, Burke’s Outlet, Shoppes At Rivercrest, Steve’s Golf Shop, Coffey Furniture, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Fairvalue Stores, Gamestop, Super El Paisa, and many more
- RESTAURANTS – Fresh Depot, City BBQ, Pancho Villa Inc, Chubby’s of Granite Falls, Frankie’s Pizza, Bojangles, Wendy’s, Hardee’s, McDonald’s, Huffy’s Sandwiches and Ice Cream, Subway, Pizza Hut, and more
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, Granite Falls Family Medical Center, The Falls Pediatrics PLUS Urgent Care, The Falls Medical Park, Laurel Park Women’s Health – Granite Falls, Granite Drug Center
- RECREATIONAL – Lakeside Park, Shuford Recreation Center, Granada Farms Country Club
CHARLOTTE (1 hour 12 minutes, nearest major city)
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.