YES, THIS ONE SOLD BUT DON’T GIVE UP! WE HAVE MORE GREAT DEALS HERE
Cheap Land in South Carolina near Batesburg-Leesville
This partially cleared, flat, and restriction-free lot allows you to jump start your development while providing the peaceful country living you crave . . . but also the convenience of city shopping just minutes away.
- No Restrictions
- Cleared Pad Site & Driveway
- Power & Water Available
- Priced about 9% Below Market
- Country Privacy but Close to Major Retail
- Very Buildable: Flat, Cleared, No Floodplain
PROPERTY: This 6.04 acre lot is moderately wooded with a cleared pad site and driveway, and features about 713 feet of direct frontage on Jeffcoat Lane, a public road. An old abandoned mobile home (best used only as storage at this point) sits in the clearing and power and water is available, so the lot is very ready for your development. It’s ready for anything, in fact, because there are no restrictions here! The lot is generally flat, with no floodplain or wetlands encroachments, so it’s very buildable. You’re only a about 500 feet from Columbia Highway so you can get out-and-about in no time, but the mature woods between your pad site and the highway provides an excellent, natural privacy buffer. The neighborhood is lightly populated and the Magnolia Shadows equestrian park has taken advantage of these tranquil surroundings by planting their farm right around the corner. For a quick stock-up of supplies, the Dollar General in Monetta is just 7 minutes up the road but Batesburg-Leesville offers a Walmart and other major retail if you’re willing to drive another 8 minutes further. When you’re ready for ready for natural adventure, Hitchcock Woods is a just a 30 minute drive south to Aiken. If you’re more of a waterbug though, drive a half hour in the other direction and slide into beautiful Lake Murray. The vibrant college city of Columbia is under an hour away and offers South Carolina Gamecocks football and many metropolitan hospitalities.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- SIZE: 6.04 acres
- ADDRESS: 179 Jeffcoat Lane, Ridge Spring, SC 29129
- GPS COORDINATES: 33.805130, -81.639302
- APN: 145-00-05-012
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: 4 MI E OF RIDGE SPRING
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- MINERAL RIGHTS: transferred with property
- FLOODPLAIN: none, no wetlands
- ELEVATION: 638 feet
- TERRAIN: generally flat
- CONDITION: cleared with driveway, wooded
- ACCESS: about 713 feet of direct frontage on Jeffcoat Lane
- POWER: available
- WATER: available
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $141.83 in 2020
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: no zoning, NO RESTRICTIONS – do what you want with your land!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- No size/height restriction on homes/structures on the lot
- No setback requirements
- No time limit to build – leave the lot as-is for as long as you want or need.
- RVs, Campers, Mobile Homes, Cabins, “Shouses”, tiny-houses all permitted.
- Animals, livestock, etc. permitted.
- No HOA or CC+R’s
- Or, simply leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- HOA: none
- CELL COVERAGE: 5G available thru AT&T and T-Mobile, 4G thru Verizon (according to Signal Checker here)
- NEAREST CITIES: Monetta < Batesburg-Leesburg < Columbia
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Columbia Metropolitan (48 mins), Greenville-Spartanburg International (1 hr 55 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 33.805130, -81.639302.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
For a quick stock-up of supplies, the Dollar General in Monetta is just 7 minutes up the road but Batesburg-Leesville offers a Walmart and other major retail if you’re willing to drive another 8 minutes further. When you’re ready for ready for natural adventure, Hitchcock Woods is a just a 30 minute drive south to Aiken. If you’re more of a waterbug though, drive a half hour in the other direction and slide into beautiful Lake Murray. The vibrant college city of Columbia is under an hour away and offers South Carolina Gamecocks football and many metropolitan hospitalities.
NEARBY – Hitchcock Woods (30 mins), Lake Murray marina (31 mins), Carolina Bay Nature Preserve (30 mins), Henderson Heritage Preserve (22 mins), Indian Trail Golf Course (12 mins), Magnolia Shadows equestrian resort (2 mins), Monetta Drive-In Theater (6 mins)
MONETTA (7 minutes, nearest grocery store)
- RETAIL – Dollar General, Cones Meat & Farms, Circle K, Pat’s Antiques
- RESTAURANTS – Ricard’s Roadside BBQ, Peaches ‘n Such
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, Ridge Spring Family Practice, EMS station
- RECREATIONAL – Monetta Drive-In (“The Big Mo”), Somewhere In Time Manor
- RETAIL – Walmart, Walgreens, Tractor Supply Co, Ace Hardware, CVS, Boomer Comics, Dollar General, Oswald Lumber, many others
- RESTAURANTS – Pizza Hut, McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Sonic, Zaxby’s, Hardee’s, Bojangles, China House, Starbucks, many others
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, pediatrician, dentists, animal hospital
- RECREATIONAL – Davis Pond, Ponderosa Country Club, Fine Arts Center
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: We recommend SCU State Credit Union in Aiken as an excellent source for a land loan, phone # 803.343.0300 x 8760.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.